Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 PM #190
shock2k3
get hostile

shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Well seeing as they have the exclusive on nppl, even 50 teams minimum is still a lot of paint.. forget about hb and vegas with 100 teams minimum. Valken isnt missing out on much. I'm sure Kee and GI are giving a nice sigh of relief, since competing with Gino is not easy. Honestly sounds like the manufacturers are fighting this battle, not the psp and nppl (who more or less have to make the call as to how to keep the sponsors happy)
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2013, 04:01 PM #191
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shock2k3 View Post
Valken isnt missing out on much. I'm sure Kee and GI are giving a nice sigh of relief, since competing with Gino is not easy.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:07 PM #192
shock2k3
get hostile

shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
So easy to compete with that, Kee (a huge company, not originally in paintball) scooped up national and pmi to buy into paintball? Gino is a self made businessman, from selling mail order and growing the sport in its early stages to being paid a ****load for his brands to restarting a company and making a huge name for it. Sorry buddy I know you love a trollin but he is a threat to them. I don't agree with everything he has done (undecutting local shops and selling near wholesale through magazines and tons of 'seperate' online websites ie national painball) but he is the king of undecutting.

also tourney ball is peanuts compared to what these companys make in rec money, you can be a psp fan boy all you want but your missing the big picture if you think he is taken lightly by any competitor
Old 01-19-2013, 05:13 PM #193
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

Andocommando plays in the PSP
Andocommando plays in the APPA D3 division
Say there are 150 teams at a PSP, Theoretically GI sells to 75 teams and Kee sells to 75 teams.

Now we have NPPL, the smaller league, Lets say that have 80 teams. Valken sells to all 80 teams. And isnt charged an outrageous vendor fee to sell through the NPPL. Sounds like sticking in the NPPL for now might be the best idea.

www.facebook.com/paintballarkansas
Andocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 PM #194
facemower1211
13THLEGIONNAIRES.COM GO!!

facemower1211 supports Team VICIOUS
facemower1211 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andocommando View Post
Say there are 150 teams at a PSP, Theoretically GI sells to 75 teams and Kee sells to 75 teams.

Now we have NPPL, the smaller league, Lets say that have 80 teams. Valken sells to all 80 teams. And isnt charged an outrageous vendor fee to sell through the NPPL. Sounds like sticking in the NPPL for now might be the best idea.
also figure in that Valken is shot at quite a few rec fields and big scenario events. As much **** as people talk about the nppl, teams still play there and will still get valken revenue by playing because they have to buy valken paint. This doesnt hurt valken as much as people would like to believe.
facemower1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:24 PM #195
Henrybg
Notorious

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post

While yes it's cheaper for players, but maybe only $1-2 per case less than GI for the dealer... Which is what I'm getting at.
That matters...what I'm getting at is the players will shoot the paint they like and field owners will buy the paint for the best price that can sustain their field. $1-2 dollars means a lot when it's pallets or thousands of cases. And trust me its more than just $1-2 dollars cheaper than GI and RPS but every dollar adds up.
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 PM #196
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Considering Valken does not make all of its money from paintball (gasp, hard to wrap your heads around right?) They do more money each year in other mainstream sports.. And sponsor more teams world wide than any other manufacturer....

Who cares?

imo valken is the big dog here, and with psp doing this is burning a big bridge for them. Because once it comes to the scenario events with 1000's of players world wide, lets see who can push who around and be the bully of the court next round?
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:14 PM #197
sstiggy

sstiggy supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbuscrew View Post
Considering Valken does not make all of its money from paintball (gasp, hard to wrap your heads around right?) They do more money each year in other mainstream sports.. And sponsor more teams world wide than any other manufacturer....

Who cares?

imo valken is the big dog here, and with psp doing this is burning a big bridge for them. Because once it comes to the scenario events with 1000's of players world wide, lets see who can push who around and be the bully of the court next round?
There was talk of the Valken cup running concurrent with PSP for divisional teams and big $$ payouts, that would hurt PSP's bottom line since divisional teams are where the $$ is made

Last edited by sstiggy : 01-19-2013 at 06:24 PM.
sstiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:27 PM #198
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrybg View Post
That matters...what I'm getting at is the players will shoot the paint they like and field owners will buy the paint for the best price that can sustain their field. $1-2 dollars means a lot when it's pallets or thousands of cases. And trust me its more than just $1-2 dollars cheaper than GI and RPS but every dollar adds up.
Their same level stuff is only marginally cheaper from what I've heard. Yes, that $1-2 does make a difference on a few pallets but I guess the only field I have really good experience gets the best paint for the money instead of the most paint for the money, although we were rather impressed with the Valken paint after a bad skid of GI paint (although that was more UPS fault than GI).
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:35 PM #199
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mctech View Post
From Social Paintballs Site

We previously reported that Valken paint would be sold at PSP events this year. We reached out to Lane Wright, PSP Chief Operations Officer, who confirmed that the PSP will not be opening its doors to the Valken paint truck in the 2013 paintball season. Wright has told us that he reached out to Valken with a paint sponsorship option which would allow Valken to sell their paint at every PSP event this season, and Valken declined that offer.

There are several rumors circulating as to why the deal did not go through, but we do not have any confirmed reasoning as of yet. The only thing that is confirmed is the fact that Valken recently signed a deal with the NPPL to be the exclusive paint vendor in attendance at their events.

What does this little ordeal mean for Valken exactly? Considering the fact that this is the second year in a row that their paint will not be in attendance at a PSP event, it does not look too good for their company, nor the teams that Valken sponsors.

At this point, this situation is full of speculation and hearsay. It may end up staying that way…

We are currently working on uncovering all of the facts before we provide further information as to why Valken declined PSP’s offer. With that said, what are your thoughts on the matter? Are you disappointed to see that the Valken truck will miss yet another dominant PSP season? Let us know!
I like how this article is favored towards the PSP, since Social got the ban stick from all the NPPL events being huge douchebags. Losers.

Gabe - Director of Marketing & Promotions @ Lurker Paintball
www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
GetBunkerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM #200
stjimmy13
Bonus Baller

stjimmy13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stjimmy13 plays in the APPA beginner division
Love how the title got changed. Even pbn thinks PSP>NPPL.
Rocking the #14 for those who can't. RIP little brother.
We go hard 7 days a week so on Saturday were ready to make it to Sunday.
~ FACE RAPING MUPPUT MOWER ~
stjimmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:52 PM #201
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjimmy13 View Post
No, it got changed because accusing the PSP of "extortion" is an extremely hyperbolic accusation when all they did was make a business offer that can be walked away from without consequences.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:17 PM #202
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbuscrew View Post
I don't think a tournament league like the PSP gives two ****s about giant scenario events.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 PM #203
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBunkerD View Post
I like how this article is favored towards the PSP, since Social got the ban stick from all the NPPL events being huge douchebags. Losers.

Just as your title and op were favoring nppl?

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 PM #204
stjimmy13
Bonus Baller

stjimmy13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stjimmy13 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjimmy13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
No, it got changed because accusing the PSP of "extortion" is an extremely hyperbolic accusation when all they did was make a business offer that can be walked away from without consequences.
I like my version better
Rocking the #14 for those who can't. RIP little brother.
We go hard 7 days a week so on Saturday were ready to make it to Sunday.
~ FACE RAPING MUPPUT MOWER ~
stjimmy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 PM #205
MrSk8nPaint
Studder

MrSk8nPaint plays in the PSP
MrSk8nPaint plays in the APPA D1 division
Like any good business they are trying to monopolize their market. Props to the PSP, they have balls.

And just to make it clear that I am not slopping the PSP's shlong, I am a 7man player. Take that trolls.
HKArmy
APX
MrSk8nPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:11 PM #206
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
Just as your title and op were favoring nppl?
not necessarily favoring nppl. more like favoring Valken

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:32 PM #207
painter4life05
cixelsyd

Annual Supporting Member
painter4life05 supports Cereal Killerz 2
painter4life05 donated to help Peyton Trent
Valken could have been a professional and said no thank you we like our current business plan for 2013. Case closed lets go play paintball, but well we all know what happened according to second hand source
painter4life05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 PM #208
firststrikeballa
I'm that guy.

firststrikeballa plays in the PSP
firststrikeballa plays in the APPA D2 division
firststrikeballa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firststrikeballa supports DLX Technology
This is a serious situation for teams that are sponsored by Valken, now we have to deal with Kee or GI at the events, who have no reason to help us or vested interest in our team.
This equals increased cost of paint at events and since they aren't allowed at the events we have no support on sight either.
You can say its just business, yea sure, BAD BUSINESS. I have always competed in the PSP and have always chose to spend my money in there format but they are working very hard to force teams to look elsewhere.
The logistics just make it a simple choice to put our efforts in another league.
DLX CP Valken Dye
firststrikeballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 PM #209
benjabino
'Til the wheels fall off

Valken ownership should probably stop posting business related information on their personal Facebook pages... #childish #badforbusiness #businessschool101

NPPL bans Social Paintball - Mistake on NPPL's part (loss of major media coverage)
PSP/NPPL Scheduling Conflict (Ballsy move by PSP to shove out NPPL)
1-4 Pro teams leaving NPPL (Pro-ownership voting with their money and presence)
PSP/Valken paint debacle (Another ballsy move by PSP to starve NPPL)
Russian Legion/Valken paint sponsor conflict (Pro PSP team considering switching sponsors because of availability issues)

Sounds like PSP has NPPL on the ropes and is going for the jugular.
I favor the NPPL playing style but cannot deny that PSP has better media coverage, reffing, organization, more teams, and is generally considered to have better competition by the pros (winning World Cup is held in higher regard than winning the NPPL Championship)

My .02
benjabino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:08 PM #210
randy woodland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Pro View Post
People who say kee paint is crap must have shot a bad batch of it. Around here I haven't seen a team win using something other than GI/DXS (i prefer DXS of the two by a long shot) or Ultra Evil in quite a while. Our regional series winners in both divisions and race-2-2 and race-2-4 all shot evil. I will admit Valken makes good cheap practice paint, KEE's practice or Econ paint like heat is... Not good, however when you get to top tier paint Valken doesn't compete.
were teams allowed to BYOP to the events you are talking about ? the GLS series was pretty dominate with valken paint and it is a BYOP series so all paint was on the scene ! 3 out of top 4 were shooting valken and 6 out of 8 events were won by valken redemtion ! we switched from kee to valken in 2012 !
randy woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.