Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2013, 07:46 PM #1
1xfactorx1
#ballin

1xfactorx1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1xfactorx1 supports Team VICIOUS
Invasion trigger bouncing

I bought an invasion used off of somebody, and the trigger is bouncing like crazy. I put it into PSP 3 shot, it takes 2 shots to get to ramp, and then it will do 2 3 shot bursts back to back with one trigger pull. I have set trigger debounce to 10 ms, and messed with the trigger. Im not sure if its a bad microswitch or board, or a weak magnet (trigger feels loose compared to the other markers I have shot, but doesnt seem to bounce on the microswitch though)

Any ideas?
Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 PM #2
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xfactorx1 View Post
I bought an invasion used off of somebody, and the trigger is bouncing like crazy. I put it into PSP 3 shot, it takes 2 shots to get to ramp, and then it will do 2 3 shot bursts back to back with one trigger pull. I have set trigger debounce to 10 ms, and messed with the trigger. Im not sure if its a bad microswitch or board, or a weak magnet (trigger feels loose compared to the other markers I have shot, but doesnt seem to bounce on the microswitch though)

Any ideas?
The trigger is set too short - give it a little length before it activates the trigger. The magnet is not that strong and if it is set right at the activation point it can bounce.
If it bounces - pulling the trigger and holding will stop it. Sometimes players have said I couldn't stop it, holding the trigger - that stops it. No reason not to be in control of your gun.
Anyway board and microswitch i'm guessing are fine.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 PM #3
1xfactorx1
#ballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
The trigger is set too short - give it a little length before it activates the trigger. The magnet is not that strong and if it is set right at the activation point it can bounce.
If it bounces - pulling the trigger and holding will stop it. Sometimes players have said I couldn't stop it, holding the trigger - that stops it. No reason not to be in control of your gun.
Anyway board and microswitch i'm guessing are fine.
I went ahead and tried moving the activation point up, then back, it is still bouncing. Not sure why.

Im glad that the owner of a company is browsing the forums! thanks jack.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:34 PM #4
Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Try resetting the board, then making sure you put the dwell back to around 12-15. I had a problem where the Invasion was taking 1-2 shots per trigger pull on semi auto, a simple board reset fixed it
Filmer_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 PM #5
1xfactorx1
#ballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmer_jake View Post
Try resetting the board, then making sure you put the dwell back to around 12-15. I had a problem where the Invasion was taking 1-2 shots per trigger pull on semi auto, a simple board reset fixed it
II tried it, turned off the eyes and listened to the solenoid. After the reset it worked fine for a minute, but then went back to taking extra shots.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:31 PM #6
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
It's not the activation position that's the problem You need slack before and after that point, and some magnet strength to hold the trigger forward between shots. The arm on the switch needs enough space to return to the OFF position, after each pull. If you don't have enough space the vibration of the gun shooting will cause the trigger switch to actually go off again and again in an endless cycle.

As a general rule if you set the trigger shorter, you need more tension. If you set the trigger longer you can get away with less tension. Either way you still need a minimum pre and post travel or the switch will always be on. If you cant' get it set with a reasonable amount of pull then raise your debounce time over and over until it stops.

Short soft triggers always cause problems.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:41 PM #7
1xfactorx1
#ballin

I java already done everything you said. The trigger is not bouncing back, it does this without air in it. All I have to do is listen to the noid, it's probably a problem with the board.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 AM #8
Forrestball

When all else fails send it to Jack he'll be able to get it where it needs to be again.
Forrestball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:41 PM #9
MstrKey

bounce

Quote:
I java already done everything you said. The trigger is not bouncing back, it does this without air in it. All I have to do is listen to the noid, it's probably a problem with the board.
It could very well be. Or your debounce setting has become changed to a super low lever. Any switch will actually arc inside naturally, more so when it's broken or defective.

Check your settings and if you can't get find anything wrong call up jack.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM #10
1xfactorx1
#ballin

I called jack. He told me how to fix it. Shoots fine now.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 PM #11
Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
care to share? Just incase something similar happens
Filmer_jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 PM #12
Jack Rice

I got a couple of calls over the weekend - if this is the one I'm thinking it was Kind of what Masterkey said.
But... if a players takes the screw down that goes to the magnet to return the trigger - then there isn't enough for the magnet to attract. The top screw has to stick out "some"
Then if there is a "little" travel before the trigger activates a players should be good.
To change the activation point, both the stop set screw and the trigger set screw can be extended.
But the set screw to the magnet can't be lowered until it can't touch the magnet.
Problem here was that the player got the gun used and didn't know the top set screw was altered.
I'm thinking the player that had the gun, messed with it and couldn't get it to stop bouncing - blamed the gun and thought he would just take the $100 or so hit and get something else. Amazes me that players will break a gun and then sell it, rather than fix something so easy
Probably tells people that he owned an Alien once and it wasn't any good
Old 05-01-2013, 11:10 AM #13
MstrKey

trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
I got a couple of calls over the weekend - if this is the one I'm thinking it was Kind of what Masterkey said.
But... if a players takes the screw down that goes to the magnet to return the trigger - then there isn't enough for the magnet to attract. The top screw has to stick out "some"
Then if there is a "little" travel before the trigger activates a players should be good.
To change the activation point, both the stop set screw and the trigger set screw can be extended.
But the set screw to the magnet can't be lowered until it can't touch the magnet.
Problem here was that the player got the gun used and didn't know the top set screw was altered.
I'm thinking the player that had the gun, messed with it and couldn't get it to stop bouncing - blamed the gun and thought he would just take the $100 or so hit and get something else. Amazes me that players will break a gun and then sell it, rather than fix something so easy
Probably tells people that he owned an Alien once and it wasn't any good
Pretty much what I figured. I've seen people do this with many many guns over the years. The trick is you can't adjust any one of the screws without also adjusting the others to some degree. If you have to go a long way with any one adjustment, there will be a problem.

On a positive note I hope the OP got a great deal on this gun and will put it to good use. Maybe even shame the guy he bought it from into learning a bit more before he hacks around lol.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:49 PM #14
1xfactorx1
#ballin

I bought this USED from someone, and the trigger bounced out of the box, Dont tell me i hacked around. Many people liked the marker. I liked how it shot, but not as much how it felt.

Dont start accusing people of things you don't know they did or didn't do.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:46 PM #15
Jack Rice

Quote:
I bought this USED from someone, and the trigger bounced out of the box, Dont tell me i hacked around. Many people liked the marker. I liked how it shot, but not as much how it felt.

Dont start accusing people of things you don't know they did or didn't do.
Wow - - - bad day?
You say you bought it used I said "if" you were the one I talked to - then the top screw was turned out. Trigger is aluminum so magnet can only pull on screw.
If you weren't the one I talked to, OK.
If you were then somebody did hack around and adjusted the top screw. But maybe it wasn't you that I talked too, so not your gun.
The thing is that, once a problem is posted, the thread it really isn't about that one gun, not completely anyway. Because many people come onto threads and try to understand what might be wrong with a type of gun vs. what a player might have done that causes a problem.
No one was "accusing you" at least that wasn't' my intent. Rather, it's hard to know if the gun truly bounced "out of the box" because it was used - maybe it's more accurate to say "bounced out of the bag" because unless they sold it to you and kept the gun bag, Invasions do come in a pretty cool gun bag and not some throwaway box.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:16 AM #16
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
The Aliens I had, all had perfect trigger set-up out of the box. In fact, loved the trigger on it - very easy for Semi play.