PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 PM #1
shane_lxi
Doooooooooork

Mako Storm E-Trigger on MR1?

Recently won an ebay auction for a nice Spyder Shutter with a Mako Storm trigger frame for $65. I remember reading somewhere that the Storm will fit on an MR1, but I don't know if there was a Storm specific to the MR1 or what. If it doesn't cross over, I'll just low pressure the Shutter.

shane_lxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 PM #2
shane_lxi
Doooooooooork

UPDATE: Since my Shutter hasn't arrived in the mail yet, I cannot tell for sure. But I took the trigger frame off of an old TL that I have, and it fits and works well, so I would assume that it does. I'll update when I get my gun in the mail.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 PM #3
shane_lxi
Doooooooooork

Not sure if anybody is interested, but yes it does fit, and it works really well! I'm using the regulator off of the shutter as well (with a bad gauge though, lol). Everything fit nicely. Had to cut a new air line for the macro fittings, but all in all, turned out well.

BTW, the MR1 frame fits well on the Shutter also. Makes it look and feel more up to date as well. Only problem is that I need more macro fittings now, lol.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:38 PM #4
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Very nice to know!! I've thought about getting an mr1 just cause ill be going to d day this year. I need a milsim gun for the event
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 PM #5
shane_lxi
Doooooooooork

Used this thing in a woodsball match yesterday, and it worked awesome! One thing to keep in mind is that these things HATE standard 9v batteries. Had to buy a 9.6v kingman battery. Just like the kingman e-triggers, this thing will not release the striker if it's not getting the proper voltage. I was able to get it to work for around 200 shots with a brand new Duracell, but ultimately, it died quickly and did not work as well as the fully charged 9.6v. You might not necessarily need a kingman brand battery, but at the very least, a strong name-brand 9.6 MUST be used in these triggers.

On a side note... I really like the shutter too! This things badass. I played a round yesterday with this, and it's great! Nice and reliable. I did some free mods, removed the venturi, drilled out the va and modded the valve, as well as swapping on the mr1 trigger. Also bought a cheap jcs 8" barrel. This thing is a great backup!

Last edited by shane_lxi : 01-28-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:30 PM #6
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I'm not a fan of the side feed (tippmann is the only exception), but Very nice looking spyder
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM #7
shane_lxi
Doooooooooork

I don't mind it on the mr1, but the older side feed spyders like the shutter and tl are kind of annoying. All the disadvantages of a side feed with the addition of being impossible to clean in the event of a chop, lol.