dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
Alright so can any one give me a list of things i need to practice?
Why don't you make your own thread and ask that question...
dps093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2013, 07:39 PM #65
thenoob23
ADK

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Good idea thanks to all who helped!
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 PM #66
LeeDowney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
3 reasons.
First is Revenue (as already stated). A legitimate field needs to pay for insurance, property taxes, employees, licenses, grounds maintenance...The list seems endless.
The mark-up on paint is one of the few places a field can get money coming in to help pay for it all. Often their primary source, since field fees are negligible.

Second is Safety (also already stated) because a field can not afford to have someone bringing in paint that may have been stored in a freezer or what have you, it's a quality-control issue a field uses to ensure that they are doing what they can to keep things safe & fair.

Which brings us to the third point; Equality. The field can avoid a lot of issues over "who shot who with what kinda paint" if everybody is shooting the same stuff. None of that "it wasn't fair" just because of paint.
I've seen/heard these kind of complaints myself, so I know they happen

So when you go to a real paintball field, remember the owner is trying to keep the game alive & a legitimate sport in the eyes of the public, and you buying paint from him is helping him to do that.

Great explanation. Thank you for making me see from a different point of view. I didn't think about the additional expenses a field owner is responsible for. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:09 PM #67
firl21
Atlanta Overdose

firl21 is playing at Living Legends VI
firl21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
field paint is fresher and therefore better than dicks paint. Also 60 for a case of paint is fine. I used to shoot evil and that stuff was expensive.
if you shoot 2 of your 4 bags just bring it back next time and shoot the rest. as long as you play 2-6 times a quarter you will be fine.
#21 Atlanta Overdose

Check us out on facebook

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PAINTBALL FIELD
Major Azodin Fan
firl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:04 PM #68
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
Field owners need to make money to cover payroll, insurance, utilities, etc. I'm sure field owners aren't making much profit, probably breaking even in most cases. A field I play at sells us paint almost at cost. $30 for valken fate, $15 cheaper than ANSgear sells it for. My other local field offers GI 1-star for $60, more than I really want to pay but I'm happy to support the field.

Field owners want to make sure you are using the correct paint and even though they may only sell whitebox paint, at least that will insure that people aren't shooting 3 year old monsterballs that will cause issues in the rented guns or some other paintball that isn't environmentally friendly or may contain staining fill (like a red fill or an oil-based fill).

Sometimes fields don't have the quality or type (first strike, different calibers) of paint you want, tell them and see what they can do to either let you play with certain outside paint or get them to sell better/different types of paint.

Last edited by masterofTHUMBS : 01-19-2013 at 11:10 PM.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 PM #69
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

YOU CANNOT FREEZE PAINT

Many paintballs are made using base agents that are normally liquid fats (Olive oil, canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, safflower oil, sesame oils, or fish oil) and cannot be frozen by any normal freezer. You'd have to drop the temperature far further than your freezer can achieve in order to even start to thicken a paints fill.

What you are able to do in a freezer is to make the shell so brittle that you can crush them between the tips of your two fingers(even tourney paint shouldn't break that easily). So, shooting them would be nearly impossible, you might as well take out a can of krylon spray paint because your gun won't be anything more than a blender as balls explode from the force of the air that is supposed to be firing them.

If you don't believe me its easy to test, just take a few paintballs and put them in your freezer overnight.

BYOP is mostly to make money, the fields, the refs, the land, the air, utilities, insurance, etc; all that stuff isn't free. By spending the extra money for paint you are supporting that field.
So, stop trying to think of ways to save ten or twenty dollars and support your local field.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-20-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:23 PM #70
die.another.day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zay_48 View Post
Because the fields need to make money, so they make you use their paint. Just be glad you dont live in Canada, paint prices here are 120$/case :/
160 where i play. Ultimate paintball in milton ontario
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:48 PM #71
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by die.another.day View Post

160 where i play. Ultimate paintball in milton ontario
Wow and people at my field complain about $40 a case
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM #72
trancer23
Angel Collector

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
trancer23 is playing at Living Legends VII
trancer23 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
trancer23 is Legendary
People COMPLAIN about $40 a case? you need a new field, or better people.

35 angels and counting......
Blue Black Impact Angel LCD, Doodoo Brown Dark Angel LCD, Dark IR3 & Ripper angel
94 Tippmann Pro-lite (old reliable)
Old Feedback - New Feedback
trancer23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:07 PM #73
Slip-n-Slide

Really? That's strange....
Slip-n-Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:17 PM #74
windebank9
what is it to you?

windebank9 is playing at Living Legends VI
windebank9 supports Team VICIOUS
windebank9 supports Team VICIOUS
I pay 40$ entry-air-paint! looks like NJ is the place to be.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:44 PM #75
die.another.day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump_Pitch View Post

Hoooolllyyyy ****!!!! I pay 50 for 500 balls. This is the most expensive field i play at though
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM #76
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by windebank9 View Post
I pay 40$ entry-air-paint! looks like NJ is the place to be.
$37.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 AM #77
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump_Pitch View Post
Sometimes fields intentionally charge high prices to control what type of clients they get. Once you get close to the $75+ mark for a case of paint you weed out the kids that blow up the rest of your client base or misbehave and ruin their experience. You may also decrease the volume of paint sold, which reduces your shipping costs, and spend less time maintaining your rental fleet. It's a lot like parking at college football games. You'll see the beaters at free/cheap lots and the $40 lots will be filled with BMW's, Audi's, and sports cars. They know that in paying a premium, they won't have to deal with riff raff and will likely find themselves surrounded by people of a similar economic class. There are many people willing to pay for this, just like in paintball.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 AM #78
stealthninja

stealthninja owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Also it keeps (for the most part) better, fresher paint flying around. Which in turn for the most part will yield better accuracy. Also not all but some fields are required to use the biodegradable type of paint. Most cheap paint you would normally buy from a big name sports store will not only be old as heck with massive dimples but 9 times out of 10 will not meet the biodegradable requirements agreed between field owners and city or county.

Last edited by stealthninja : 01-24-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: needed to add something
stealthninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:36 AM #79
thenoob23
ADK

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Hoooolllyyyy ****!!!! I pay 50 for 500 balls. This is the most expensive field i play at though
50 for 500 wholy crap!!!!!!! Up here its only like 18$ for 500 and were using wrek elite and marbalizer.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 AM #80
cheeseelmo
billy

cheeseelmo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cheeseelmo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cheeseelmo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cheeseelmo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
For all you complainers to go to the place where I live it's 50 for entry and 80 a case

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball
cheeseelmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 AM #81
FoidPoosening
www.ArmoryPaintball.com

Annual Supporting Member
FoidPoosening donated to help Peyton Trent
FoidPoosening is playing at Living Legends VI
FoidPoosening supports Bob Gurnsey
FoidPoosening supports our troops
FoidPoosening has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
FoidPoosening is Legendary
FoidPoosening is Boss
Quote:
3 reasons.
First is Revenue (as already stated). A legitimate field needs to pay for insurance, property taxes, employees, licenses, grounds maintenance...The list seems endless.
The mark-up on paint is one of the few places a field can get money coming in to help pay for it all. Often their primary source, since field fees are negligible.

Second is Safety (also already stated) because a field can not afford to have someone bringing in paint that may have been stored in a freezer or what have you, it's a quality-control issue a field uses to ensure that they are doing what they can to keep things safe & fair.

Which brings us to the third point; Equality. The field can avoid a lot of issues over "who shot who with what kinda paint" if everybody is shooting the same stuff. None of that "it wasn't fair" just because of paint.

So when you go to a real paintball field, remember the owner is trying to keep the game alive & a legitimate sport in the eyes of the public, and you buying paint from him is helping him to do that.
Well put. +1

Despite six classes and two jobs, I keep ArmoryPaintball.com going because I love paintball! A sincere thank you to all of my customers all over the world for the continued business. :)
FoidPoosening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:17 PM #82
die.another.day

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post

50 for 500 wholy crap!!!!!!! Up here its only like 18$ for 500 and were using wrek elite and marbalizer.
We use inka jungle i belive. If i buy it at regualr stores its $45 a case. But nooo at the field its $150
Old 01-29-2013, 10:29 PM #83
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Quote:
We use inka jungle i belive. If i buy it at regualr stores its $45 a case. But nooo at the field its $150
HOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man where do you live?

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:46 PM #84
generalee72
Knight who says Ni

generalee72 is a Moderator
generalee72 is a Supporting Member
generalee72 donated to help Peyton Trent
generalee72 supports our troops
generalee72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
generalee72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
3 reasons.

Can't beat that with those points, so I won't waste time.

But picture this:
You are a parent that knows nothing about paintball except, your kid want to play and "everyone else is doing it".
You organize an event, we'll go birthday party, you design a budget and decide on "Wal-Mart paint" because you get more for the money.
You have the party, but it's a mediocre (yet expensive) experience, but you don't know why.
*Broken paint,is it the guns fault? Probably.
*Paint not breaking, or are "they cheating"?
*Paint not flying straight? They might not notice the flight path, all they know is they aren't hitting anything, and it's probably the fields crappy guns.

Who's fault is it, more importantly who do you (as the parent) blame? The field, because it's their responsibility to provide you the good time? Or do you blame yourself for buying crappy paint, you have no idea is crappy? (hint: customers aren't taking the blame)

At the end of the day the blame isn't really important, what the customers tell the other POTENTIAL customers is. When customers don't know why the experience wasn't worth the cost they will only explain what they believe was the problem and it will almost never be a decision they made. Even if the field/staff explains it to them, they often just come off as being full of crap. Half because they are seen as biased and half because it's often someone not well versed in dealing with an upset customer, so the explanation is "lacking" in quality.

With FPO you, hopefully, take those possible negative sides of the experience away. (in addition to a couple others) It's also not just about that single field, customers can & will tell everyone about the experience, (social media) and that has the potential to effect many fields everywhere. Not trying to sound too "butterfly effect" about it, but it can still have an impact on many fields even if only a minor one.

Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. –Lou Holtz (via-John Maxwell)

Advice for the thread: "how to open a paintball store"
NastyShock3r: hey guy's i live in miami i need help to open a paintball store can anyone help or can tell me what i need to do?
midstatepaintball: That's easy! Just push on the front door of the store if it says "push", or pull on the door if it says "pull".
generalee72 is offline   Reply With Quote