PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-17-2013, 06:08 PM #22
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Np,doesent matter size,shape,race,age,religion anyone who wants to play paintball can do it.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2013, 06:10 PM #23
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijinxd View Post
I've heard a few reasons as to why you can't use your own paint.
1. Fields tell you that you can only use their paint. They over price it, and you're forced to buy it...=Profit
2. Some paint stains more than others. Since fields rent out vest and protective gear (masks, etc), they request not to use paint that they aren't sure about, so to be safe you have to buy theirs.
3....Monsterballs. Just kidding, I had to throw that in there for all of the semi-veterans.
I hate moster ball i got cracked in the side of the head and it left a huge welt lol i learned to not ever use those again its like getting hit with a brick.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM #24
nicklogan35
Predator paintball

nicklogan35 is playing at Living Legends V
nicklogan35 supports Team VICIOUS
nicklogan35 posts videos on PbNation
nicklogan35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
nicklogan35 supports DLX Technology
Hey man im from advance too!

Lnib etek 3 lt
nicklogan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 PM #25
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

Cool.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 PM #26
miyo00124
Prospects For Life

miyo00124 supports Team VICIOUS
miyo00124 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
miyo00124 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zay_48 View Post
Because the fields need to make money, so they make you use their paint. Just be glad you dont live in Canada, paint prices here are 120$/case :/
Not like that everywheres in canada just seems like places like ontairio and quebec down here in new brunswick and nova scotia max and i mean like gi 5 star imperial max would be 80$ a case
Michael Young #11
LuxeMob
"Heart wins tournaments and we have heart"-AF
miyo00124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 PM #27
GanjaPalooza
Double D

GanjaPalooza owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GanjaPalooza plays in the APPA D4 division
GanjaPalooza has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CFOA was BYOP back in 04-06 when I first played.... One of the main circuits here in East TN just changed to BYOP, BUT their prices on Evil are hard to beat, at least in this area, (sitting around $45) so unless you have a great sponsorship gig then you will be buying from them anyways.

There is still a mix of events that are BYOP and aren't, like it's been said many posts before: they need to be able to make a profit from the tournament, taking advantage of opportunities!!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 PM #28
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

its 45 for graffiti,55 for gator black,and 67.99 for evil
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 PM #29
fryinchikkens

fryinchikkens has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbug View Post
Dang! I only spend $60 a case at my field. For the OP's question, that's how fields make their money and stay open. $15 field and and $10 all day air isn't going to keep a field open for very long. I've been to a couple fields that did let you bring your own paint or you could buy their paint but they all had to stop letting people bring their own paint because of douchebags that would freeze their paintballs or sneak monsterballs (just as bad, if not worse than frozen paintballs) on to the field.
Freezing paintballs makes them more brittle. To prove this, leave a bag of paint in your garage for a week during the freezing winter. Now take your $1200 gun and rotor and watch them become a blender and a squirt gun. What really makes paint like moster balls is letting it sit for a very long time. I had a bag of ultra evil (or plain evil) that I let sit for a couple months and it became a very expensive bag of rocks. Fields don't want to deal with the injuries caused by concrete balls being shot at people. They can prevent this buy selling paint, fresh. This would also look better when trying to get insurance for a field and may make the extremely high prices of insurance cheaper. They also need to make income and what does everybody need to play paintball? (answer for the slow: paintballs and a mask)

Last edited by fryinchikkens : 01-17-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR
fryinchikkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 PM #30
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

Yep pretty much my marker is set up to 32 bps nobody wants 32 bps at them while getting hit by a whole bunch of cement.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 PM #31
neophyte

neophyte posts videos on PbNation
neophyte plays in the APPA D4 division
neophyte has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
neophyte has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDowney View Post
you can buy a decent case of paintballs at Dicks for $35.

Thanks.
no you cant. either that or we have different definition of decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaPalooza View Post
CFOA was BYOP back in 04-06 when I first played.... One of the main circuits here in East TN just changed to BYOP, BUT their prices on Evil are hard to beat, at least in this area, (sitting around $45) so unless you have a great sponsorship gig then you will be buying from them anyways.

There is still a mix of events that are BYOP and aren't, like it's been said many posts before: they need to be able to make a profit from the tournament, taking advantage of opportunities!!
most of the BYOP series dont make money off the paint. the paint companies pay a fee in order to be able to sell their paint at the tournament and that is how the series gets its money. we found this out playing cfoa in 08 when our paint sponsor chronic did not pay the fee and we were unable to shoot the paint at the events.

if you arent a liberal at age twenty, you have no heart; if you arent a conservative at age fourty, you have no brain. -- Winston Churchill

Last edited by neophyte : 01-17-2013 at 07:47 PM.
neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 PM #32
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryinchikkens View Post
Freezing paintballs makes them more brittle. To prove this, leave a bag of paint in your garage for a week during the freezing winter. Now take your $1200 gun and rotor and watch them become a blender and a squirt gun. What really makes paint like moster balls is letting it sit for a very long time. I had a bag of ultra evil (or plain evil) that I let sit for a couple months and it became a very expensive bag of rocks. Fields don't want to deal with the injuries caused by concrete balls being shot at people. They can prevent this buy selling paint, fresh. This would also look better when trying to get insurance for a field and may make the extremely high prices of insurance cheaper. They also need to make income and what does everybody need to play paintball? (answer for the slow: paintballs and a mask)
I live in Georgia so it doesn't get cold enough here. And I play pump 90% of the time

Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:31 PM #33
pushc6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
Yep pretty much my marker is set up to 32 bps nobody wants 32 bps at them while getting hit by a whole bunch of cement.
Seriously? Why on earth do you need to have uncapped ROF? Guess you're livin' up to your name. No one wants to get hit with "32 bps" period.

And to stay somewhat on topic, the main drivers are revenue and insurance.

Last edited by pushc6 : 01-17-2013 at 08:39 PM.
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:33 PM #34
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Any field that lets you use 32 bps is insane
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM #35
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Being from Canada I can tell you..........the fields that charge a lot are usually the only fields left in business these days. Especially indoors. Just heating an indoor every winter month is thousands of dollars lol. People have no clue.

The best analogy I ever heard is..........you can't bring your own paint to the field for the same reason you can't bring your own food to a restaurant for the chef to cook.

You're buying an "experience". You're not renting land for a few hours. A positive experience takes a lot more than a few people with paintballs and guns. It requires quality equipment(huge cost), knowledgeable staff, a safe and fair environment. Providing this experience is pretty costly for the most part. More so than most people will ever know.

I remember letting renters bring their own paint for a while. They bought the cheapest, crappiest paint ever and boy oh boy they were a sour bunch blaming us for all their problems and even passing on their bad experieces to other people as though it was our fault. The few people who used our GOOD paint had the time of their lives. We decided from that point on.........field paint only. It was actually a hinderance to the business to let people bring their own paint. The kicker? They were paying maybe 10 bucks a case less for the worst time of their lives.

I think most field owners these days have pretty much come to understand that catering to renters willing to pay extra for an experience is far more profitable than catering to people with their own gear looking to play as cheap as possible. It's less troublesome too lol.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 PM #36
Nuke em
Nuke 'em if you got it!

Nuke em owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nuke em owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nuke em supports Team VICIOUS
Nuke em supports Team VICIOUS
Monsterballs... oh lord...

I began paintballing with some of my friends, and one of my friends used these. He didn't know better, other then they were cheap. But oh boy, did they hurt like hell. When they hit you it was like a ****ing rock coming at you at 200+ mph.

I don't blame fields for charging for their own paint. They need to keep their head above water, and it prevents people from using paint that will injure players.
Nuke em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:56 AM #37
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
Seriously? Why on earth do you need to have uncapped ROF? Guess you're livin' up to your name. No one wants to get hit with "32 bps" period.

And to stay somewhat on topic, the main drivers are revenue and insurance.
Alright sorry but my marker is set 32 bps on full auto which honestly i belive takes not a single bit of skill most of the time im using 12.5 psp ramping But i only use full auto on woodsball when its like a 10vs25 then i crank it out other wise nope it stays ramping most times i have it with full,3 round,semi,psp ramping,millinium,billy ball,but ramping works best my field doesent let you use above 12.5 ramping but usally i turn down the velocity alot if im using full auto with new kids.Im trying to get people into the sport not run away from it.I have seen people get lit up super bad before and have seen all the bruises im not that cruel.But i do not overshoot if some one is like only a few games of experince.But its different if they have plenty of play.And also to stay on topic NEVER use monster balls the guest going to your field will hate you and you will be loaded with medical law suites etc.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by thenoob23 : 01-18-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 AM #38
pushc6

Quote:
Alright sorry but my marker is set 32 bps on full auto which honestly i belive takes not a single bit of skill most of the time im using 12.5 psp ramping But i only use full auto on woodsball when its like a 10vs25 then i crank it out other wise nope it stays ramping most times i have it with full,3 round,semi,psp ramping,millinium,billy ball,but ramping works best my field doesent let you use above 12.5 ramping but usally i turn down the velocity alot if im using full auto with new kids.Im trying to get people into the sport not run away from it.I have seen people get lit up super bad before and have seen all the bruises im not that cruel.But i do not overshoot if some one is like only a few games of experince.But its different if they have plenty of play.And also to stay on topic NEVER use monster balls the guest going to your field will hate you and you will be loaded with medical law suites etc.
My head hurts after reading this. There is absolutely no reason to use uncapped full auto, even for woods ball. When you are shooting that fast at someone you WILL bonus ball them if you have a relatively good shot on them. There is absolutely no reason for it, all you are going to do is waste paint and piss people off. No one, even experienced people are going to want to play against some nerd shooting uncapped full auto.

Last edited by pushc6 : 01-18-2013 at 07:36 AM.
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 AM #39
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
32 bps? No matter what you say you have no excuse for that. You light me up, or anyone I am with, with 32 bps, you might have a fight on your hands.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 AM #40
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
32 bps? No matter what you say you have no excuse for that. You light me up, or anyone I am with, with 32 bps, you might have a fight on your hands.
He's a troll or he's delusional about rate of fire. We don't go over 15bps because it's not hard to shoot someone's mask off with a string of shots at that rate.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM #41
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
He's a troll or he's delusional about rate of fire. We don't go over 15bps because it's not hard to shoot someone's mask off with a string of shots at that rate.
I hear you on that one. Even if he's playing outlaw ball with his buddies and shooting like that, for lack of a better word, he's a retard.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:31 PM #42
thenoob23
Competitive Edge

Okay then the fact that once again I said i usally use 12.5 ramping but its different if your in a game of woods ball were almost EVERYBODY is using full auto.Im not going to stick to 12.5 of some one is having anythijhng above 20+ bps at me thats just how it is.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ