PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 PM #1
bth9461

Lone Wolf West to get Northern Reinforcements starting this Spring

I played my first game at Lone Wolf West before it was Lone Wolf West. That was Spring of 1989. Took five buddies with me and we had a blast. Nelspot 007 12 gram pistol and Uvex (shop gogles) no mask for rentals. There was about 60 players that day. $20 bucks for the rental with green fee and 2-10 round tubes of paint, plus 2-12gram cartridges. $1.00 tube and .50 for a 12 gram. The Nelspots got about 20 good shots on a 12 gram. Went through about 250 rounds that first day and I was hooked. About 10 players had these strange looking long arms the rest of us had the rentals.

Seems to me the super gun guys where split up and the play was very contested all day. Still remember my first kill ( we weren't very politically correct in those days). It was from the river gully to the edge of the Big Hill on a Super Gun Guy. Boy this was fun. This happen early in the day.

I remember two extremely tough players on the other side that day. They had boonie hats and them dam super guns. 68 Magnums was what they called them dam things, seemed like machine guns the way they spit the paint out. Took the bark off of trees also, I don't remember any cronnies back then.

I had several bounces but no more kills that day, maybe this was not so easy, unless you have one of them Super Guns. Sound familar? Yep we all were Noobies once. Infact on the last game I was attacking the village from the high side of the slope leading down to the village. One of them dam Boonie Hat guys was in one of the buildings shooting at me. I was lying prone in the ferns trying to move up. I needed to reload the 12 gram so I turned over facing up and tried to reload as fast as I could. That Boonie Hat guy was slinging paint over me, only a couple of inches above me. Well my first day ended in a spastic pain as I took a hit right on the end of you know what. ( I played with a cup the next 5 years). They stopped the game to see if I needed to be taken to the hospital. I limped off the field though, to live and fight another day. And have a son many years later. LOL......

Yup I was hooked. I got me a Super Gun (Brass Eagle Cobra) and was back in a few weeks. I made sure I got on that Boonie Hat guy's team though. The other one was not there that day though. The one that shot me was though, some of the other players called him Ronbo. Boy he was a cocky son of a gun, but he sure could play. Found out on that second day that even a super gun does not mean you will get any kills, don't think I got a single kill. I did learn some pointers from tallking, watching and playing along side those veteran players. Found out they were pretty cool dudes. Went back 5 more time that Summer/Fall.

I loved that first season at Lone Wolf West before it was Lone Wolf West. The field was great then and it is even better now. Went back this fall after being gone for 6 years.

I have had some great times there in the past. Even though I had my own field from 90-98 I always was involved with LWW to some degree. I quit playing after 98 ecept for once or twice a year I took my stepson and his buddies to play from 2003-06. Then once this fall with my 12 yearold and his buddy at the Alien Game. It was like old times.

This is what I hope to do this year, play at least 6 times at LWW this season. Bring my son and some of his buddies. I have recruited the players from a old comp team I played on the Wild Bunch. And plan to dig up as many old Rec Players from the Tricities and Mt Pleasant (my old field was outside of MT Pleasant - Salt River Paintball).

Lone Wolf West is such a cool field to play on. You should see how it plays with 60/80/100 or 200 players. I hope to bring 20+ players with me each time.

I hope some of you will join me, I can even get some rides for those that need them. I will be posting when I will be going. They have their core players my group should help swell the numbers on those days to really help with the player count. I believe once the word gets out, some of the old timers from the field will return also.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:56 PM #2
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
So, in short, you think Lone Wolf West is a really great field? And you're wanting to get groups of people together to go there.
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 PM #3
bth9461

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkidminion View Post
So, in short, you think Lone Wolf West is a really great field? And you're wanting to get groups of people together to go there.
It is a awesome field. I have taken many there over the years. Everyone has had a great time. Noobies to advanced tour players. It has the best terrian of any MI field I have played. Hills, creek, village, swamp, woods, many trenches, and bunkers. Run by great guys. They have suffered from low numbers recently. But it has been getting better. Not like it was in the old days though. Paintball has changed and so has the times. It is much different now.

I really think I can motivate some of my old players (they have kids now also). And some new people. You come out there and you will have a great time.

The field is plain out fun to play.

Last edited by bth9461 : 01-17-2013 at 03:12 PM.
bth9461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:01 PM #4
Infinity Kid
Lonely Island

Infinity Kid is playing at Living Legends VII
Infinity Kid supports Team VICIOUS
Infinity Kid supports Team VICIOUS
Infinity Kid posts videos on PbNation
Infinity Kid supports DLX Technology
Lone Wolf is a great field! There East field is very nice also!
Infinity Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:46 PM #5
bth9461

Going to opening day at LWW tomorrow 4/7/13. Taking about 10+ players from the TriCity area, on short notice. I did not think I would get back from Vaction in FL in time. Drove all night, nearing the MI/OH border as I type this.

I will be the one dragging my Rump around them Hills with the red eyes. Looking real retro with a Mech Black Magic A/C. and a Vents Predator (ebay find, neon green ref version.)
Old 04-06-2013, 09:08 PM #6
stygshore
Big Evil made me do it!

stygshore is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
stygshore is playing at Living Legends VII
stygshore supports Empire
see you there!
stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:40 PM #7
stygshore
Big Evil made me do it!

stygshore is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
stygshore is playing at Living Legends VII
stygshore supports Empire
had a great time today - bit chilly for an opening day but majority of the equipment played nice after a few tweaks and 40+ shivering fools like myself made for a pretty good day of play.

Styg
stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:03 PM #8
bth9461

Quote:
Originally Posted by stygshore View Post
see you there!
Thanks for letting me shoot your G6R, sweet shooting gun. Great to see some familar faces from the past.

The young guns we brought out had a great time. We had 10 from the Bay City area come down. Hoping to get to 20 on the next trip from the Tri-City area with us, the next time.

about 40+ players seemed to be there today. Glad to see that the Sportsmanship has stay at such a high level. Great day of paintball, with the group we had today. We could have run without refs, even though they did a great job as usual. I had some new to the field players comment on the high level of sportsmanship.

This field is worth a drive if you have never played it. You can use any kind of gun. I saw at least 1 pistol player, must have been maybe 4-5 pumps, we brought several Cockers. Some mil/sim's, tippy's, and several different electro's of corse. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Looking forward to the next outing.

Oh and the field is shooting Marbs this year.