Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 PM #85
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Then what was the point of your last post exactly?

Eric: Gun licensing should be like auto licensing.
You: No, they are different because auto licensing doesn't apply in these cases.
Me: What if we made gun licensing apply only to those cases in which it does apply to auto licensing?
You: No, guns aren't like cars at all (making your other post silly).

Also, we keep saying "Guns are like this", but no one has yet to give any good reason why. Eric supported gun licensing similar to auto licensing. You supported gun licensing like four wheelers, boats, snow machines, bicycles, and swimming pools. Neither of you have given any reason for why guns should be licensed like one or the other. Both posts are as useless as the other.
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2013, 01:45 PM #86
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Auto licensing only applies to operating vehicles on publicly owned roads.

Extrapolate.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM #87
Blake360

Looks like Biden wants to out-do Cheney.

Last edited by Blake360 : 02-28-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 PM #88
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Auto licensing only applies to operating vehicles on publicly owned roads.

Extrapolate.
Here are the 29 national/state park districts that allow shooting in the state of Kentucky (my state):
http://www.kentuckytourism.com/outdo...ng-sports.aspx

I am asking if shooting on public land (as shown above) should require a license, just as driving on public roads does. Try to keep up.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 PM #89
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I answered your question
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:37 PM #90
Swerve22

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
It isn't us versus them. It's us and us. It is easy to shuffle the burden of responsibility off of your shoulders and onto another, in your case, the entity known as the federal government. The reality is, this entity becomes more omnipotent, proportional to the amount you believe it is its own entity, self aware and self sustaining. You do this by believing that the government is not a composite of american citizens.
I'm of the stance that it is us vs them. Once a citizen becomes a part of the government, they gain varying amounts of control over the citizens who are not. Many laws they make do not apply to themselves, and they can easily sell their once fellow citizens down the river for their own purposes be it electoral or financial gain, etc.

The state is an entity that uses force against the populace to coerce them and gain their property for it's own purposes. While it's possible for the citizenry to "control" the state through the ballot box, there is no guarantees and "not getting what you paid for" in politics is generally the rule rather than the exception.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM #91
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
I am asking if shooting on public land (as shown above) should require a license, just as driving on public roads does. Try to keep up.
How many shooting accidents has there been on these lands in the past 50 years or so? Compare with auto accidents on public roads and reply.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 03-04-2013, 04:43 PM #92
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
I'm of the stance that it is us vs them. Once a citizen becomes a part of the government, they gain varying amounts of control over the citizens who are not. Many laws they make do not apply to themselves, and they can easily sell their once fellow citizens down the river for their own purposes be it electoral or financial gain, etc.

The state is an entity that uses force against the populace to coerce them and gain their property for it's own purposes. While it's possible for the citizenry to "control" the state through the ballot box, there is no guarantees and "not getting what you paid for" in politics is generally the rule rather than the exception.
Most common citizens screw each other for financial and social gains. Do you honestly expect any different behavior from your statesmen? Especially when those statesmen are pulled directly from the pool we all swim in.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:48 PM #93
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Most common citizens screw each other for financial and social gains. Do you honestly expect any different behavior from your statesmen? Especially when those statesmen are pulled directly from the pool we all swim in.
I don't, which is why I see the state as "them". The state collectively holds more power over the individual than any group of common citizens however they attempt to screw eachother.

Furthermore, if a fellow citizen takes money from me at gunpoint they do not tell me to be happy about it because it's for my own good.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 03-04-2013, 04:55 PM #94
Iamamartianchurch

QUOTE=Swerve22;78249819]I don't, which is why I see the sate as "them". The state collectively holds more power over the individual than any group of common citizens however they attempt to screw eachother.[/quote]

Right and wealthy lobbies hold power over the statesmen. Round and round we go. What I'm getting at is that we are a giant organism who's parts are at war with themselves. I see little sense in in the lung cells lashing out at the braincells. Even that is being generous. Because often the lung cells and the braincells can't come to consensus with their own ilk.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:58 PM #95
Swerve22

Corporations don't have a monopoly on force though, which is what makes the state unique. I'm not advocating to destroy the state, but only showing why I see them as different from the rest of us and deserveing of wariness in the eyes of the rest of the citizenry.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 03-04-2013, 05:06 PM #96
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Corporations don't have a monopoly on force though, which is what makes the state unique. I'm not advocating to destroy the state, but only showing why I see them as different from the rest of us and deserveing of wariness in the eyes of the rest of the citizenry.
You better be just as cognizant of your fellow citizen. Especially when they group together. Anyway. I understand your perspective full well, but I completely disagree with it. I'm only trying to show the view from where I am standing. Which is an attempt to step as far out of my own particular situation as i can.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 03-04-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM #97
Swerve22

I am, but you can understand why I regard the state's monopoly on force as making it a unique entity from the rest of society?

www.gunfacts.info
Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM #98
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
I am, but you can understand why I regard the state's monopoly on force as making it a unique entity from the rest of society?
Yes I understand, however I'm not totally convinced it does. That monopoly is driven by a fragile chain of authority that can be easily broken. There are many examples of such a break occurring. As for unique-ness, I think all tiers of society and the occupiers therein are unique and serve a unique role. Hence my general aversion to "...the people"

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 03-04-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:56 AM #99
Swerve22

Fair enough. I understand your point as well, I think we are viewing the same issue from different points of view.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 AM #100
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
How long until someone actually does shoot another person "through the door" like Vice President Biden suggests and uses what he said as a defense?
Old 04-06-2013, 02:18 AM #101
Blake360

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...nating-salary/

Quote:
The vice president and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, reported an adjusted gross income of $379,035 in 2011, and a 2011 Center for Responsive Politics analysis estimated the vice president’s net worth at approximately $337,000.
So how exactly is his net worth less than his yearly income? Does he waste all his money on expendable items? Either he has terrible management of money (no surprise) or someone is lying.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote