Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM #1
COBLITZ
 
 
COBLITZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Annual Supporting Member
COBLITZ is an Ultimate field/store owner
COBLITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blitz Tournament Dates



Dates:
April 7th 5 Man
May 5th 3 Man
June 2nd 5 Man
July 14th 3 Man
Aug 4th 5 Man

Sept 22nd 3 Man Autism Charity Tournament hosted @ Blitz by Dynamic

Also the Autism charity Big game will be Sept 8th

Please read the rule changes below.

Entry and Paint

Pre Reg.
3 Man ———- $75 $60
5 Man ———- $150 $125

Paint:
$45 Standard
$50 Medium
$55 High

Rules: Events are race to 2 matches and scored PSP style. All rule disputes not covered by Blitz rules sheet will be decided by the current PSP regulations. Additional rule sheets and any other additional instructions will be given out the day of the event
Captain's Meeting is at 8:30 am, all teams must have their team packets finished and turned in by the beginning of captain's meeting!
Event Prizes:
Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals that list your division will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Open class receives 70% of all entries split between 1st-3rd. Payouts have been as high as $1,400 for 1st.
Prizes are awarded to novice teams. Examples of past event prizes for rookies include , Markers, Loaders, HP Tanks, Masks, Jerseys.
Rookie receives medals, minor prizes like t-shirt's, hats exct. and a season trophy.


Blitz Season champion's for open and novice will receive the Blitz practice pass. giving your 7 players a 12 month pass for no entry, $5 ada , and $30 per case 1 case per visit.

Rules- Please read, there are several changes you need to be aware of.


2013 BLITZ TOURNAMENT RULES
3 Man/5 Man

We will use PSP 5 man rules for anything not covered by these rules, we encourage all players to read the PSP rule book. All Events will be a race to 2 match.

GAME FORMAT: Center Flag
No Coaching
Divisions: Open/Novice/Rookie

GAME TIME: 3 Man = 3 Min with 2 min break minimum
5 Man = 5 Min with 2 min break minimum
(4 teams will pit, as one game is played the other teams prepare, when a game is over you switch this allows for a 2 minute minimum break while constantly running games.)

SCORING: Race to 2 match winners receive match point
In the case of a tie’s in match points, winner will be determined by 1st- Who won head to head play. 2nd-Total flag hangs 3rd- opponent flag hangs 4th-Counted live players at the end of each point. If time runs out during the game, the more dominate team wins the game. However the hang is not awarded. An example is more live players, or a flag pull with the same players, and so on. In case of a perfect Tie game is struck from record and point is replayed.
FINALS: Top 4 or 6 teams depending on the number of brackets from each division will advance. Semi finals if needed consist of a sudden death race to 2 to determine team in finals. Finals will be Race to 2, sudden death to determine 1st through 4th.)

MISC.: Do not knock over or climb on bunkers. No dead man walks. If all players are not present team may play short or forfeit. Eliminated players don’t talk (May Yell HIT once.)

MAX CHRONO SPEED: 300 FPS
Ramping and Semi Auto allowed
MAX BPS 12 for ramping/ 15 semi auto (all semi auto guns will be marked)

LUNCH: 12:30 Subject to change

ELIMINATIONS: Player is hit (Marked with paint). Out of bounds. Inappropriate Language after warning. Player signals elimination. Dead man walks. Faulty check out (with an unobvious hit).

PLEASE FLIP OVER FOR PENALTIES




PENALTIES

Hot Gun : 300-325 1 game suspension , team may not substitute.
326+ 2 game suspension , team may not substitute
Ramping/Semi Auto:
4 game suspensions with no substitutions
1. Any gun marked Semi Auto, shooting 15 BPS that is ramping,
2. Any marker ramping over 12 BPS as well as Semi shooting over 15 BPS
2 game suspension with no substitutions for Shooting 15 BPS Semi without marked gun.

ONE FOR ONE : Playing on (with obvious, not easily verifiable hit).
Faulty check out (with obvious, not easily verifiable hit)
Freight training, talking after eliminated, disobeying Ref,
If Flag is hung, players not previously called out by ref must check out
or receive 1 for 1.

TWO FOR ONE: Playing on (with obvious hit)
Faulty check out (with obvious hit)

THREE FOR ONE: Wiping
Continuing play (shooting, maneuvering ect.) with the intent to
Alter game after Ref has called player out.

SUSPENSION’S: Players will be suspended 1-6 games or expulsion ,
Determined by severity of offense for physical contact, verbal abuse,
Unsportsmanlike conduct, or outburst’s (verbal or throwing equip).


ELEMINATION OF LAST PLAYER: Any assessment of a 1 for 1 , 2 for 1, or 3 for 1 penalty where there are not enough live players left on the field will result in the opposing team being awarded the hang.

FORFITURE: In case of forfeiture , forfeiting team receives 0 points and the other team receives game point. If team drops out of an event after playing all games the team played will be stricken.

UNOBVIOUS = Hit in the pack
OBVIOUS (not easily verifiable) = not easily seen while wearing a mask by player or players teammate.
OBVIOUS: ALL OTHER HITS (front, back, leg, foot, marker, loader, arms, hands ect).
COBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 PM #2
COBLITZ
 
 
COBLITZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Annual Supporting Member
COBLITZ is an Ultimate field/store owner
COBLITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The Autism Charity event participants will be awarded BCS points however it will not have the standard prize package. This is a charity event and all prizes are donated, and I'm sure it will have a very nice prize package. However, Entry fees will be for charity and not distributed to open class.

Thank you
COBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 PM #3
Brad- Division
Shootin Faces since 89'
 
Brad- Division's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota
 has been a member for 10 years
Brad- Division owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
no coaching ???

thank you so much !!!!
__________________
Formulator of Blu Goo and Liquid I.C.E.Paintball Lubricants
Farside Family
HenchMen
Brad- Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 AM #4
neversummer89
 
 
neversummer89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
neversummer89 plays in the PSP
neversummer89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad- Division View Post
no coaching ???

thank you so much !!!!
Agreed! Sweet. Can't wait to play
__________________
Blitz Paintball
#1
avdentes fortvna ivvat
neversummer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM #5
Misha"mole"yelich
MISHKA
 
Misha"mole"yelich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Colorado
Misha"mole"yelich supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBLITZ View Post


Dates:
April 7th 5 Man
May 5th 3 Man
June 2nd 5 Man
July 14th 3 Man
Aug 4th 5 Man

Sept 22nd 3 Man Autism Charity Tournament hosted @ Blitz by Dynamic

Also the Autism charity Big game will be Sept 8th

Please read the rule changes below.

Entry and Paint

Pre Reg.
3 Man ———- $75 $60
5 Man ———- $150 $125

Paint:
$45 Standard
$50 Medium
$55 High

Rules: Events are race to 2 matches and scored PSP style. All rule disputes not covered by Blitz rules sheet will be decided by the current PSP regulations. Additional rule sheets and any other additional instructions will be given out the day of the event
Captain's Meeting is at 8:30 am, all teams must have their team packets finished and turned in by the beginning of captain's meeting!
Event Prizes:
Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals that list your division will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Open class receives 70% of all entries split between 1st-3rd. Payouts have been as high as $1,400 for 1st.
Prizes are awarded to novice teams. Examples of past event prizes for rookies include , Markers, Loaders, HP Tanks, Masks, Jerseys.
Rookie receives medals, minor prizes like t-shirt's, hats exct. and a season trophy.


Blitz Season champion's for open and novice will receive the Blitz practice pass. giving your 7 players a 12 month pass for no entry, $5 ada , and $30 per case 1 case per visit.

Rules- Please read, there are several changes you need to be aware of.


2013 BLITZ TOURNAMENT RULES
3 Man/5 Man

We will use PSP 5 man rules for anything not covered by these rules, we encourage all players to read the PSP rule book. All Events will be a race to 2 match.

GAME FORMAT: Center Flag
No Coaching
Divisions: Open/Novice/Rookie

GAME TIME: 3 Man = 3 Min with 2 min break minimum
5 Man = 5 Min with 2 min break minimum
(4 teams will pit, as one game is played the other teams prepare, when a game is over you switch this allows for a 2 minute minimum break while constantly running games.)

SCORING: Race to 2 match winners receive match point
In the case of a tie’s in match points, winner will be determined by 1st- Who won head to head play. 2nd-Total flag hangs 3rd- opponent flag hangs 4th-Counted live players at the end of each point. If time runs out during the game, the more dominate team wins the game. However the hang is not awarded. An example is more live players, or a flag pull with the same players, and so on. In case of a perfect Tie game is struck from record and point is replayed.
FINALS: Top 4 or 6 teams depending on the number of brackets from each division will advance. Semi finals if needed consist of a sudden death race to 2 to determine team in finals. Finals will be Race to 2, sudden death to determine 1st through 4th.)

MISC.: Do not knock over or climb on bunkers. No dead man walks. If all players are not present team may play short or forfeit. Eliminated players don’t talk (May Yell HIT once.)

MAX CHRONO SPEED: 300 FPS
Ramping and Semi Auto allowed
MAX BPS 12 for ramping/ 15 semi auto (all semi auto guns will be marked)

LUNCH: 12:30 Subject to change

ELIMINATIONS: Player is hit (Marked with paint). Out of bounds. Inappropriate Language after warning. Player signals elimination. Dead man walks. Faulty check out (with an unobvious hit).

PLEASE FLIP OVER FOR PENALTIES




PENALTIES

Hot Gun : 300-325 1 game suspension , team may not substitute.
326+ 2 game suspension , team may not substitute
Ramping/Semi Auto:
4 game suspensions with no substitutions
1. Any gun marked Semi Auto, shooting 15 BPS that is ramping,
2. Any marker ramping over 12 BPS as well as Semi shooting over 15 BPS
2 game suspension with no substitutions for Shooting 15 BPS Semi without marked gun.

ONE FOR ONE : Playing on (with obvious, not easily verifiable hit).
Faulty check out (with obvious, not easily verifiable hit)
Freight training, talking after eliminated, disobeying Ref,
If Flag is hung, players not previously called out by ref must check out
or receive 1 for 1.

TWO FOR ONE: Playing on (with obvious hit)
Faulty check out (with obvious hit)

THREE FOR ONE: Wiping
Continuing play (shooting, maneuvering ect.) with the intent to
Alter game after Ref has called player out.

SUSPENSION’S: Players will be suspended 1-6 games or expulsion ,
Determined by severity of offense for physical contact, verbal abuse,
Unsportsmanlike conduct, or outburst’s (verbal or throwing equip).


ELEMINATION OF LAST PLAYER: Any assessment of a 1 for 1 , 2 for 1, or 3 for 1 penalty where there are not enough live players left on the field will result in the opposing team being awarded the hang.

FORFITURE: In case of forfeiture , forfeiting team receives 0 points and the other team receives game point. If team drops out of an event after playing all games the team played will be stricken.

UNOBVIOUS = Hit in the pack
OBVIOUS (not easily verifiable) = not easily seen while wearing a mask by player or players teammate.
OBVIOUS: ALL OTHER HITS (front, back, leg, foot, marker, loader, arms, hands ect).
fixed


Misha"mole"yelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM #6
sportsmyn2002
Never stop shooting!!!
 
sportsmyn2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rapid City SD
sportsmyn2002 plays in the PSP
sportsmyn2002 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sportsmyn2002 plays in the APPA D4 division
sportsmyn2002 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Cant wait!
__________________
blackhillspaintball.com
Colorado Revolution
sportsmyn2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:01 PM #7
Luso
Anomaly
 
Luso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boulder
Luso plays in the PSP
Finally, no coaching.. sweet!!
__________________
Anomaly - HPB Factory Team
HustlePaintball.com

"I'm not saying HK was behind the Angel Eyes project to drum up hype for the KLR - but I AM saying there's no way for me to prove they weren't..."
- Chris Peltier
Luso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 PM #8
FearOG
Cookie Monster
 
FearOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pierre, SD
FearOG owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
FearOG has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FearOG has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FearOG has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Soooooo ready for April!
__________________
"I hate dying. Every time I do it I break out in a bad case of death."


The Fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
FearOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:37 AM #9
gunslinger84
 
 
gunslinger84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luso View Post
Finally, no coaching.. sweet!!
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???

So when I go to pound on someone D side there isn't going to be some guy yelling cross field, "Look in! He's coming for you!" Cuz that would be sweet!
__________________
My body is a lockbox of diamonds, uranium, and assassin nobility.
gunslinger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:35 PM #10
NiX0N
 
 
NiX0N's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
I'm pretty pumped on no coaching and curious to see if anyone will run semi during the tournaments.

Also, I'm assuming there are still no time outs like last season?
NiX0N is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:23 PM #11
COBLITZ
 
 
COBLITZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Annual Supporting Member
COBLITZ is an Ultimate field/store owner
COBLITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
There are no time outs, but the new rotation format will give more time in all butt the most extreme circumstances, while at the same time increasing the progression speed of the tourney.
Also, I believe many players will opt for semi for two reasons.
1. If someone can roll the trigger, 15 BPS is a clear advantage to 12 BPS in shooting a lane as well as suppression.
2. It allows for players to hone their semi auto skills for the upcoming NPPL while not being at a total disadvantage by not capping them at 12.
However, this is just conjecture.

Couple things the pics do not cover.

1. The turf zones are very large, so the out of bounds will be a long way from the net lines. This means we will no longer have lots of paint in our running lanes since most paint will collect outside the play zones. However, the draw back is you wont have the net as a reference to your out of bounds line.
2. The pits are fully enclosed, and 21x18 feet in size. There will be table's in opposite corners to accommodate. Two teams. They will have Air to 3k and they have a chrono built into the side so you can chrono in every pit prior to taking the field. Also the pits as well as the staging are fully turfed. Fills over 4k will be available at the tourney check in desk.

Thanks guys.
COBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 AM #12
Luso
Anomaly
 
Luso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boulder
Luso plays in the PSP
lol semi is THE way to play. Just better..
__________________
Anomaly - HPB Factory Team
HustlePaintball.com

"I'm not saying HK was behind the Angel Eyes project to drum up hype for the KLR - but I AM saying there's no way for me to prove they weren't..."
- Chris Peltier
Luso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM #13
COBLITZ
 
 
COBLITZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Annual Supporting Member
COBLITZ is an Ultimate field/store owner
COBLITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Luso has just pointed out the clear division among players. I clearly come down on the side of ramping, although after numerous convos I see both sides rather well. I will sum the pros and cons.
Semi is the pure version of the sport, it takes more skill.
Many players who truly support semi are players who shoot fast obviously, also many are the players who get to play or practice nearly every weekend...such as Luso. Players who have time to play alot have a clear advantage in this format...and rightly so, they earn it.

On the other side of things is most of the players who fill out the majority of teams which fill up a tournament, be it local such as ours or national such as PSP or NPPL, only practice at best once a month and often bi-monthly. They look at paintball, and indeed.. paintball tournaments as a entertainment first and a sport second. They do not have the ability to practice every weekend even if they wanted to. Many of teams play D3 and below when a PSP comes to a town.
Lets be clear, these are the players and teams that flesh out a large quantity of many
tournaments and provide for the large prize packages we all enjoy.
These players prefer ramping.
Point of fact is the simple numbers...PSP World Cup 350 teams..NPPL..150

I think this new system is a great compromise, it allows all players to be competitive at least on the 1 level so more players play. While at the same time rewarding players who are purist and practice semi with an advantage in BPS.
This encourages the monthly warrior , as well as the purist to enter the event by giving them what they need to have a good time and the chance of a good event.
After thinking this through, both sides have good things and bad. But the Prof is in the numbers, and if the NPPL wants to reach the number of teams that the PSP generates, they will have to reach the players their format alienates.
I would really like them to succeed since they are coming to Denver. I would highly recommend they adopt some version of what we are doing this year maybe ramp to 10.5 and semi to 15, and keep pure semi to D2 or higher, I think they would generate 25-75 more teams per event and it would be good for everyone.
However this is all just a matter of opinion and it is just my take on it.
COBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:27 PM #14
COBLITZ
 
 
COBLITZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Annual Supporting Member
COBLITZ is an Ultimate field/store owner
COBLITZ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Captains meetings

Just a quick correction..
Novice and Open class capt. Meetings @ 8:30 Sharp this season
Rookie Capt. Meeting is 12:30

Pits are finished and the air to the pits is plumed.... CANT WAIT TO PLAY!!!!!!
COBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 PM #15
gunslinger84
 
 
gunslinger84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luso View Post
lol semi is THE way to play. Just better..
I always knew you were a fool. I just didn't want to believe it . . .

*shakes head sadly*
__________________
My body is a lockbox of diamonds, uranium, and assassin nobility.
gunslinger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:49 PM #16
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious
 
pballerfolife21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 97ooooooh
pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBLITZ
Just a quick correction..
Novice and Open class capt. Meetings @ 8:30 Sharp this season
Rookie Capt. Meeting is 12:30

Pits are finished and the air to the pits is plumed.... CANT WAIT TO PLAY!!!!!!
Can we maybe get a guess on when the speedball fields will be up? :p
__________________
Mile High Saints #21
pballerfolife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 PM #17
Luso
Anomaly
 
Luso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boulder
Luso plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
I always knew you were a fool. I just didn't want to believe it . . .

*shakes head sadly*
PPSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Posh.
__________________
Anomaly - HPB Factory Team
HustlePaintball.com

"I'm not saying HK was behind the Angel Eyes project to drum up hype for the KLR - but I AM saying there's no way for me to prove they weren't..."
- Chris Peltier
Luso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:53 PM #18
gunslinger84
 
 
gunslinger84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luso View Post
PPSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Posh.
Pish posh indeed sir. Pish posh indeed. Talkin' bout semi.
__________________
My body is a lockbox of diamonds, uranium, and assassin nobility.
gunslinger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:20 PM #19
madmike19
Mile High Saints Open #9
 
madmike19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ColoRADo
madmike19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
madmike19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
madmike19 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballerfolife21 View Post
Can we maybe get a guess on when the speedball fields will be up? :p
8:35

going up as we speak at captains meeting haha... just kidding
__________________
Ballin' in the 303 baby!!! MHS Open #9
DARK Vampire SL94
madmike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 AM #20
Sacrificial_Soul
 
 
Sacrificial_Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike19 View Post
8:35

going up as we speak at captains meeting haha... just kidding
Funny man... nobody likes a funny man
__________________
Mile High Saints Gamma #7

Current Collection:
G6R '12 Premium
Empire II w/ BL 360
PM6 w/ UL, APE OLED
T2 open class / Phantom stock class
Sacrificial_Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 AM #21
neversummer89
 
 
neversummer89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
neversummer89 plays in the PSP
neversummer89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Everyone knows the answer to when the fields will be up: when the weather permits. Probably in March unless Colorado gets a deep freeze.
__________________
Blitz Paintball
#1
avdentes fortvna ivvat
neversummer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump