Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM #22
RideOrDie_321
 
 
RideOrDie_321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cottontown, Tn
RideOrDie_321 plays in the PSP
RideOrDie_321 plays in the APPA D3 division
I just feel like you should run D4 race to 4 just like PSP.. Race to 2 and race to 3 is completely different because race to 2 isnt even a race, its basically 5 man. Its just my opinion, but I hated playing race to 2, and when we played MILP it bothered me that it was to 3 instead of the normal 4 points.
__________________
Christian Hollis #30

Clarksville Defiance- MiLP

RAGE- SEPS
RideOrDie_321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2013, 12:48 PM #23
DI*killa
 
DI*killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: N.L
DI*killa is a Professional paintball player
DI*killa plays in the PSP
DI*killa donated to help Peyton Trent
DI*killa is an NCPA player
DI*killa plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideOrDie_321 View Post
I just feel like you should run D4 race to 4 just like PSP.. Race to 2 and race to 3 is completely different because race to 2 isnt even a race, its basically 5 man. Its just my opinion, but I hated playing race to 2, and when we played MILP it bothered me that it was to 3 instead of the normal 4 points.
As always, we appreciate your input. We do, and in the future will always try to make decisions best for everyone involved, and we can always adjust accordingly.

If a team does want the full 4 point PSP experience, they can always work thier way up to D3! That is our goal in general: to promote teams into the best league in the world, the PSP.

Hope to see you guys out there again this year!
__________________
www.paintballaccess.com

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
DI*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:49 PM #24
DI*killa
 
DI*killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: N.L
DI*killa is a Professional paintball player
DI*killa plays in the PSP
DI*killa donated to help Peyton Trent
DI*killa is an NCPA player
DI*killa plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Leg View Post
Quick question, if it is a compromise between the 2 divisions, where will it fall for the APPA world rankings for teams?
GREAT question. I will get with steve and make sure we get this ironed out.
__________________
www.paintballaccess.com

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
DI*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:36 AM #25
Cory688
 
 
Cory688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
How many matches for each division?
__________________
CORY PERSSON

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black


Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 PM #26
smarthomes
 
smarthomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chattanooga, TN
smarthomes plays in the PSP
smarthomes plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
How many matches for each division?
Each team plays 4 prelim matches in race-to x. 5 man gets 8 games I think.
smarthomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 PM #27
Cory688
 
 
Cory688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
Thanks! That's great.
__________________
CORY PERSSON

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black


Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:30 PM #28
m3th0d
Zach ZeGo Greenwood
 
m3th0d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
m3th0d plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DI*killa View Post
GREAT question. I will get with steve and make sure we get this ironed out.
Was it not decided last year we would publish it as d4r4 due to appa not allowing enough d3 players? Pretty sure that was the plan and then we just played r3.
m3th0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM #29
smarthomes
 
smarthomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chattanooga, TN
smarthomes plays in the PSP
smarthomes plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3th0d View Post
Was it not decided last year we would publish it as d4r4 due to appa not allowing enough d3 players? Pretty sure that was the plan and then we just played r3.
The APPA has the flexibility to display the division as Race to 3. That won't be a problem. We need to work out how the points will be calculated for the World Ranking system...
smarthomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:06 PM #30
joker12187
Axis
 
joker12187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tennessee, Murfreesboro
joker12187 plays in the PSP
joker12187 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
joker12187 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarthomes View Post

Changes for 2013

3. D5 will be played in a 5 man style as opposed to consecutive points.
dont like this..was looking forward to the consecutive points format...worked out well in my opinion last year...if someone beat you in one point, you could still come back and show them up
__________________
~ Planet Eclipse ~ Virtue ~ Ninja ~ G.I. Sportz ~

2013 Axis Red MiLP D5 3rd Place Overall
2013 Downfall World Cup D5 7th Place
2014 Axis MiLP D4


WTT Deadlywind 12in Carbon Fibur w/ full freak kit for a .688 Dye CF Boomy Back - PM if interested!

middletennesseepaintball.com

Last edited by joker12187 : 01-20-2013 at 01:08 PM.
joker12187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 PM #31
justinlh
 
 
justinlh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
justinlh owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
justinlh owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
justinlh owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
justinlh supports Team VICIOUS
What will the field layouts be,the latest psp ????
justinlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 PM #32
DI*killa
 
DI*killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: N.L
DI*killa is a Professional paintball player
DI*killa plays in the PSP
DI*killa donated to help Peyton Trent
DI*killa is an NCPA player
DI*killa plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker12187 View Post
dont like this..was looking forward to the consecutive points format...worked out well in my opinion last year...if someone beat you in one point, you could still come back and show them up
This is still possible, you still play best out of 3, there are just not consecutive points with 2 minutes in between, the breaks will be greater to allowe newer players adjust to the format.
__________________
www.paintballaccess.com

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
DI*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:42 PM #33
DI*killa
 
DI*killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: N.L
DI*killa is a Professional paintball player
DI*killa plays in the PSP
DI*killa donated to help Peyton Trent
DI*killa is an NCPA player
DI*killa plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlh View Post
What will the field layouts be,the latest psp ????
We will decide and let everyone know!
__________________
www.paintballaccess.com

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
DI*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:09 PM #34
SixgunGTFCorps
 
 
SixgunGTFCorps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
SixgunGTFCorps is playing at Living Legends VII
SixgunGTFCorps owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SixgunGTFCorps supports Team VICIOUS
SixgunGTFCorps plays in the APPA D4 division
So for D4 race-to-3 does the roster rules follow the D4 race-to-2 or the race-to-4 rules? Trying to get this roster figured out and theres a big difference between the two
__________________
-Team Maxx 2013-
-Team GTF Corps Co-Founder(inactive)-
SixgunGTFCorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:12 PM #35
SARGE37
Cadet in Charge
 
SARGE37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barracks, VMI
SARGE37 plays in the PSP
SARGE37 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
SARGE37 is an NCPA player
SARGE37 plays in the APPA D5 division
I am new to looking into Minor League Paintball. I play for a college team and we are unable to attend the events during the summer. How does the play into the championships?
__________________
Cadet in Charge Virginia Military Institute Paintball

VMI Paintball
SARGE37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 PM #36
DI*killa
 
DI*killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: N.L
DI*killa is a Professional paintball player
DI*killa plays in the PSP
DI*killa donated to help Peyton Trent
DI*killa is an NCPA player
DI*killa plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgunGTFCorps View Post
So for D4 race-to-3 does the roster rules follow the D4 race-to-2 or the race-to-4 rules? Trying to get this roster figured out and theres a big difference between the two
I believe we are going by race-to-4 roster rules!
__________________
www.paintballaccess.com

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
DI*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:02 PM #37
DI*killa
 
DI*killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: N.L
DI*killa is a Professional paintball player
DI*killa plays in the PSP
DI*killa donated to help Peyton Trent
DI*killa is an NCPA player
DI*killa plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE37 View Post
I am new to looking into Minor League Paintball. I play for a college team and we are unable to attend the events during the summer. How does the play into the championships?
Sarge, unless otherwise determined by Steve (head of milp), i believe all events count towards the final. I will check with him.

With that said, I assure you it will be hard to find a better series to offer prizes on an event to event basis.
__________________
www.paintballaccess.com

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
DI*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 PM #38
SARGE37
Cadet in Charge
 
SARGE37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Barracks, VMI
SARGE37 plays in the PSP
SARGE37 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
SARGE37 is an NCPA player
SARGE37 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DI*killa View Post
Sarge, unless otherwise determined by Steve (head of milp), i believe all events count towards the final. I will check with him.

With that said, I assure you it will be hard to find a better series to offer prizes on an event to event basis.

But would we still be able to attend the championships if we only play two events?
__________________
Cadet in Charge Virginia Military Institute Paintball

VMI Paintball
SARGE37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 PM #39
PM8007
 
 
PM8007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: RED DRANK!! \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE37 View Post
But would we still be able to attend the championships if we only play two events?
yes
__________________
RED DRANK!!! \m/ Cloudland Xtreme Paintball
2008 insane red cfoa 6th overall 5 man
2009 RED DRANK cfoa 2nd overall x ball
2010 RED DRANK gfoa 9th overall 5 man*3 tourneys
2011 RED DRANK milp 3rd overall x ball
2012 RED DRANK milp SERIES CHAMPS
2013 RED DRANK gfoa 3rd overall 5 man
PM8007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM #40
smarthomes
 
smarthomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chattanooga, TN
smarthomes plays in the PSP
smarthomes plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE37 View Post
But would we still be able to attend the championships if we only play two events?
Yes. The Championships are open regardless of who is in the running for series champions.
smarthomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:13 PM #41
joker12187
Axis
 
joker12187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tennessee, Murfreesboro
joker12187 plays in the PSP
joker12187 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
joker12187 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DI*killa View Post
This is still possible, you still play best out of 3, there are just not consecutive points with 2 minutes in between, the breaks will be greater to allowe newer players adjust to the format.
imo, it seems like it would be easier to run a consecutive format. that way the three possible games that could be played in the race 2 format are played very quickly, and it seems like it wouldnt take up as much time. if teams are wanting to make the trip to cup at theend of the year and are not use to th format, thy will get a rude awakenig. same thing if they want to move into d4 the following year.

i do however like that we can now shoot our own paint. lets people promote their sponsors more, although the paint last year was awesome
__________________
~ Planet Eclipse ~ Virtue ~ Ninja ~ G.I. Sportz ~

2013 Axis Red MiLP D5 3rd Place Overall
2013 Downfall World Cup D5 7th Place
2014 Axis MiLP D4


WTT Deadlywind 12in Carbon Fibur w/ full freak kit for a .688 Dye CF Boomy Back - PM if interested!

middletennesseepaintball.com
joker12187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 AM #42
DI*killa
 
DI*killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: N.L
DI*killa is a Professional paintball player
DI*killa plays in the PSP
DI*killa donated to help Peyton Trent
DI*killa is an NCPA player
DI*killa plays in the APPA Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker12187 View Post
imo, it seems like it would be easier to run a consecutive format. that way the three possible games that could be played in the race 2 format are played very quickly, and it seems like it wouldnt take up as much time. if teams are wanting to make the trip to cup at theend of the year and are not use to th format, thy will get a rude awakenig. same thing if they want to move into d4 the following year.

i do however like that we can now shoot our own paint. lets people promote their sponsors more, although the paint last year was awesome
There is no such division as D5 race to 4. Therefore the D5 teams will be practicing exactly what they will be playing in the PSP.

Good luck to Axis this year! I always like watch you guys play.
__________________
www.paintballaccess.com

CHATTANOOGA CEP
Robbie Goldsmith #14
DYE - KEE
DI*killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump