Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 PM #170
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by apes4us View Post
That's debatable.
You have proven in this thread that there is a possible correlation between these jerseys and a player's off-field attitude towards others.

I have been laughing for like 10 minutes..

So if your arrested just tell the cop, "my clothes made me do it".. Im sure he will just toss you a change of clothes and send you on your way..

In WHAT WORLD MAN BAAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

Seriously.. AWESOME!

Apes4us -

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1809223332
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:02 AM #171
Ph4n7oM 3
PLAY UWL

Id think again about what you wear and how it demonstrates sportsmanship.
- UWL - Dirt, Woods, Camo
- HK ARMY - Keeping you fresHHHHHHH!
- Inception Designs - Innovation from inspiration.
- BattleGroundz Paintball -
Ph4n7oM 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:04 AM #172
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
We already have an advantage in experience, markers and gear, paint quality (sometimes), and field knowledge... why do we need yet another advantage in super bouncy jerseys?
We don't, and that's why we don't wear them for the purpose of bounces.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 AM #173
Bits64
ishootdeadpeople

Bits64 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4n7oM 3 View Post
Id think again about what you wear and how it demonstrates sportsmanship.
It's not what you wear. It's how you play that demonstrates sportsmanship. I've personally seen JT call himself out on a shot to the belly that bounced and the congratulated the player on the good shot. Thats good sportsmanship. Ive akso seen players wearing t shirts that are straight up pricks on the field. You simply can't judge how people play or how good of sportsmen they are by what they wear.
Bits64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 AM #174
bendigo360
SuperDan

bendigo360 plays in the PSP
bendigo360 plays in the APPA D3 division
bendigo360 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bendigo360 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bits64 View Post
It's not what you wear. It's how you play that demonstrates sportsmanship.
This.

As far as the jersey aspect.. Our team has worn mostly tshirt jerseys over the past 5 years and just in 2012 we got the RAZA semi padded style jersey. While I wear it occasionally to play I find myself regularly going back to my tshirts to wear. I love wearing tshirts to play.. But since we were competing in the PSP we wanted to have something a little more flashy and have been impressed with the stuff RAZA has put out. No, safety wasn’t the reason behind our purchase of the jersey, but I can definitely see both sides. Playing with the competition has never been a real issue for us and I find that it’s the team that makes the difference on the field. TG is and would be some of our toughest competition if they wore Serta mattresses or tank tops. Their team is some of our fiercest competitors but also some of my greatest friends and they have my highest respect. Our team will be getting RAZA’s top of the line jerseys this year simply because we are going to stick with what almost ALL of the competition in the PSP is doing. Yes, we have moral standards and paintball standards but I am not going to get into a petty squabble over what jersey I wear at an event when the competition will be doing the same. Again for me safety hasn’t been an issue.. I’ve got a bunch of teenagers that play with me and whatever welts they have is a story of their recent event haha. This has almost gotten as bad as the autotrigger argument. When I started playing I played with a phantom.. I now shoot a CCM, NOT because I sit on the auto trigger the entire time, but because I want to make sure I am fully prepared for whatever situation might arise. 90% of the time our pump team practices against D4 and D3 xball teams. Most all of us wear ten round tubes on our back to reload so we aren’t dumping tons of paint but we do have to use to AT sometimes to make things happen. At each PSP event we NEVER shot more than 2 and a half cases collectively as a team. While other teams were shooting 5-7+. The point of that comparison being, we are going to equip ourselves with what will keep us current and help us succeed and not banish the idea of a certain jersey because some people may think it’s “diluting the game”. It’s legal… Not taking advantage of it would be putting yourself at a disadvantage. I think SOME(not all) people want to use as little new gear/technology as possible so they can have some kind of ego boost when they beat others who do or have an excuse when they lose to those who do. As for myself I am perfectly confident in my ability to play paintball and ENJOY every aspect of it without having to have an ego kick everytime I step on the field. It always amuses me when pump players tear each other apart over jerseys/stock class/open class or whatever instead of just trying grow their sport in the own respective way. This is paintball.. Although we might differ in some opinions please shut up and push our sport and stop fighting among yourself. Whether your style is pump, xball, woodsball, or simply recreational, promote the sport in a positive respectful manner and get new people on board. You will find that the new players will simply want to play the sport as you did when you first got into it. They won’t be trying to hunt down some internet rampage on padded jerseys and if those who use them should be burned at the stake. This particular thread has gotten almost as bad as one as you would see in a religious sector. Lots of talk and arguing, but no change of opinion. Do people egos really need to be fed so much?

Paintball Asylum
CHRISTKREW
29:11

Last edited by bendigo360 : 02-12-2013 at 01:26 PM.
bendigo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:27 PM #175
apes4us
MO

Bendigo,
I think it's really already been established that for tourney play you should use whatever amount of padding is allowed by the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendigo360 View Post
Although we might differ in some opinions please shut the hell up and push our sport and stop fighting among yourself. Whether your style is pump, xball, woodsball, or simply recreational, promote the sport in a positive respectful manner and get new people on board.
Sometimes blindly pushing forward is not always the way to promote your sport. I think the evolution of our gear (particularly electros) is a big part of what got paintball into this current downward trend in popularity.
I think we can all agree that there is such thing as too much padding (except for JT, he's like talking to a brick wall). So the question is, where do we draw the line? It looks like the majority of people feel that THIS is where we draw the line.

Quote:
This particular thread has gotten almost as bad as one as you would see in a religious sector. Lots of talk and arguing, but no change of opinion.
Good observation. I don't care about god, but I do care about paintball
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:25 PM #176
bendigo360
SuperDan

bendigo360 plays in the PSP
bendigo360 plays in the APPA D3 division
bendigo360 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bendigo360 supports Empire
Quote:
Sometimes blindly pushing forward is not always the way to promote your sport. I think the evolution of our gear (particularly electros) is a big part of what got paintball into this current downward trend in popularity.
I think we can all agree that there is such thing as too much padding (except for JT, he's like talking to a brick wall). So the question is, where do we draw the line? It looks like the majority of people feel that THIS is where we draw the line.
I don't exaclty think it's "blindly" pushing forward. Again, promoting the sport in a positive repectful manner. You can be positive and repectful and still play with an "electro". Some people have more of a taste for the faster pace tournament style. Yes, some/many people who play in that sector tend to have a bad attitude which reflects on our sport in a bad light, but there are those out there who can control it and play it in the right way. I doubt the paintball industry would have grown to the size it is if it weren't for the demanded increase of gear, guns, and tournament desires. I don't blindly push anything but I believe there is a way to go about it that can be healthy for the sport and not cause it to take a downward spiral.

On the point of padding I agree with you tho. I don't think the padding should go any further than what it is. If it does I'm just going to start taping memory foam pillows to my chest before tournaments. Those are probably cheaper than the jerseys.. For me.. I would prefer to wear a tshirt jersey and so would my team.. I mean, we can get new tshirts for every event and still spend less than what we do on jerseys.

Paintball Asylum
CHRISTKREW
29:11
bendigo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:56 PM #177
apes4us
MO

Quote:
I don't blindly push anything but I believe there is a way to go about it that can be healthy for the sport and not cause it to take a downward spiral.
The problem is that it already is on a downward spiral, and most people that I've talked to in the industry attribute that to electros (or higher speed of the game, depending on how you look at it). We have to examine the reasons for it, and try not to make those mistakes again.
The point is not to begin a discussion on individuals using electros, it is to remind everyone that the gear we choose to use can have an impact on the industry as a whole.

Quote:
I don't think the padding should go any further than what it is. If it does I'm just going to start taping memory foam pillows to my chest before tournaments. Those are probably cheaper than the jerseys..
Well said, and that's hilarious. Atleast you'd be "safe" then
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 PM #178
JOESPUD27
Merc

has been a member for 10 years
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends VII
JOESPUD27 plays in the APPA D5 division
I'll kill for Super Dan any day. RESPECT

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 PM #179
ridebmx211
RC ARMY

ridebmx211 is a founding member
ridebmx211 plays in the PSP
ridebmx211 supports Pev's Paintball
ridebmx211 plays in the APPA D4 division
ridebmx211 is Legendary
Quote:
So the question is, where do we draw the line?
You answered your own question more than once. The line has been drawn, its called a rule book, both psp and NPPL and any other sanctioned league have one. I can garuntee jersey manufactures are going to abide to those rules, other wise they would be wasting money on a product that most people wouldnt buy. I have yet to see a jersey that is mass produced or a manufactured custom jersey that is banned ( aside from NCPA, which created their own set of rules).

All bets are off when it comes to Rec ball. You can't regulate what people will wear or what they will play with. Your argument of having an advantage over the renters is the same argument that people have had for years. Only difference is everyone else argues about people using electros in walkon play against renters. Guess what, As JT and many other people have put it, ITS %100 THE PLAYERS RESPONSIBILTY TO PROMOTE POSITVE GROWTH FOR THE SPORT" doesnt matter what gun or jersey your wearing.

I honestly think ive hurt more feelings playing recball with my pump than i ever did with a semi. I also am freqeuntly thanked by other players for great sportsmanship, And i can say the same thing for The rest of my team, the guys from total greif and the true ballers.
Save the Environment, PLAY PUMP!
ridebmx211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 PM #180
JOESPUD27
Merc

has been a member for 10 years
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends VII
JOESPUD27 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4n7oM 3 View Post
Up'd
You selling something D~? LOL

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:30 PM #181
Ph4n7oM 3
PLAY UWL

Im going to assume that was not legal. My apologies.
- UWL - Dirt, Woods, Camo
- HK ARMY - Keeping you fresHHHHHHH!
- Inception Designs - Innovation from inspiration.
- BattleGroundz Paintball -
Ph4n7oM 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:41 PM #182
shredxcam

Bump

O wait wrong thread?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:53 PM #183
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE

Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post