PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2013, 10:44 PM #127
Grinder01
Just Another Heretic

Grinder01 is playing at Living Legends VII
wearing pads is an entirely modular function of your personal play style, and your location to boot: empire ground pounders for xball? not necessary. forearm pads and decent gloves for UWL in the woods?? abso-freakin-lutely!

the raza jersey is a fantastic piece, padding or not. dont tell me you watch dynasty play R27 and think "yeah, those jerseys arent a problem" just to turn around and rant about Total Grief -one of the most straight-up, no bull**** squads ive ever had the honor of playing with, reffing, etc- being a bunch of bounce mongers.

nothing tells me youre judging on false pretenses more than a claim like this.

Last edited by Grinder01 : 02-07-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Grinder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 10:44 PM #128
Ph4n7oM 3
PLAY UWL

Also only a member since 2011.
- UWL - Dirt, Woods, Camo
- HK ARMY - Keeping you fresHHHHHHH!
- Inception Designs - Innovation from inspiration.
Ph4n7oM 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 PM #129
Ph4n7oM 3
PLAY UWL

Don't know what R27 is.

Don't watch professional paintball.

Do know that the Dynasty jerZeys are some of the most pathetic jerZeys ever.

Didn't call the 'team' out, just LiL JT.

It's Total Greif, not Total Grief. (some supporter you are)
Old 02-07-2013, 11:27 PM #130
Grinder01
Just Another Heretic

beer is really bad at spelling, youll have to excuse him.

... if youre physically able to do so, i know its against the SS operational policy.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 PM #131
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder01 View Post
wearing pads is an entirely modular function of your personal play style, and your location to boot: empire ground pounders for xball? not necessary. forearm pads and decent gloves for UWL in the woods?? abso-freakin-lutely!

the raza jersey is a fantastic piece, padding or not. dont tell me you watch dynasty play R27 and think "yeah, those jerseys arent a problem" just to turn around and rant about Total Grief -one of the most straight-up, no bull**** squads ive ever had the honor of playing with, reffing, etc- a bunch of bounce mongers.

nothing tells me youre judging on false pretenses more than a claim like this.

!THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4n7oM 3 View Post
Also only a member since 2011.
I have been playing events with TG before you even picked up a gat and joined this sport.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Quote:
Don't know what R27 is.
Clearly, but you aren't short on words when it comes to talking about the jerzey or the people wearing them..

Hahahaha you just argued with a stranger about his level of support for a team you don't play for.. Do you feel better sir?

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1809223332

Last edited by onepumpchump13 : 02-07-2013 at 11:37 PM.
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:56 PM #132
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I won a 1 on 1 tourney in a speedo and nothing else. I still got called names but bragged how I didn't wear any padding. Guess a fruit loop is a term for a tough paintball player.

I now wear a hockey jersey with Dye pants. People don't care of you don't wear padding or not.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 AM #133
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

LOL Awesome...

Old 02-08-2013, 12:11 AM #134
Ph4n7oM 3
PLAY UWL

My 2011 comment was in reference to your 'join date' on PBN. You clearly missed the joke about you having only 1 feedback. Clearly.

Grinder is no stranger. Neither are the Heretics. Eh, wait. The team is much different now.

Some arguments may be funnies but without all of the cool smilies you post.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 AM #135
Grinder01
Just Another Heretic

Quote:
My 2011 comment was in reference to your 'join date' on PBN. You clearly missed the joke about you having only 1 feedback. Clearly.

Grinder is no stranger. Neither are the Heretics. Eh, wait. The team is much different now.

Some arguments may be funnies but without all of the cool smilies you post.
you seem to be chapter master on all midwest competitive teams... what do your history books say about the heretics?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 AM #136
Ph4n7oM 3
PLAY UWL

That they lost their good players to Chicago Underground?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:51 AM #137
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder01 View Post
Ground pounders for days in XBALL! sliding on your arms, knees, crawling on arms and knees, week in and week out. Do that with out pads and you will have some super serious joint issue! ill take a pic of an old elbow pad i have and used for a season, its thrashd from all the sliding in such
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 AM #138
apes4us
MO

This thread has turned incredibly PBN, real fast. Let's get back to the topic at hand:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepumpchump13 View Post
This topic is broader than what your mind can wrap itself around. You see only the bouncy side of things when time and time again it has been brought up that this jerzey serves more than that one purpose alone..
Quote:
"They'll getcha 9 lives on the paintball field. I mean, it makes you superman out there, you take all kinds of bounces."

Quote:
The only reason I have even bothered entertaining your rants is I dont want anyones negative comments discouraging someone from wearing a LEGAL piece of gear that ultimately makes them play the game safer.
The problem with that way of thinking is that wearing pillows and wrapping yourself in a net are also both legal in recball b/c there is no rulebook. That's where your conscience should take over, and you should realize it's not cool to wear bounce jerseys when renters are on the field (or any other non-tournament situation).
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 PM #139
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by apes4us View Post
The problem with that way of thinking is that wearing pillows and wrapping yourself in a net are also both legal in recball b/c there is no rulebook. That's where your conscience should take over, and you should realize it's not cool to wear bounce jerseys when renters are on the field (or any other non-tournament situation).

Then by the same hand, It is left to my conscience to call myself on bounces against the rec-ball player - BOUNCE Jerzey or not. People can say what they want about debating on pbnation but even your tone of the last comment is COMPLETELY different than your first one posted on this thread.

The part that seems that hardest to get across is the truth that I am tired of the welts lining my arms.. This jerzey removes that aspect of paintball. Not just for me but for everyone wearing it.

The only thing I have left for you Apes4us, is spread sportsmanship at your local field like wildfire. Then the bounce factor of anything wont matter at that point. Paint, clothing, pads... none of it will matter. If you have some D~bag out there that just wont quit take em out to the field and work him over... Win lose or draw,Time and time again, don't stop don't budge, just work him over. If hes busy eating your paint he cant pull his shenanigans on the randoms. When its all said and done he will get the idea. If he doesn't then that just means you get to have fun again the next time.

About 2-3 weekends ago there was a family (mom, dad, couple of kids)that came to open play at xtreme. I was running around open play having a good ol time. One game on Village field my team made it behind the enemy team. By the end it was that mom from that family in the back left on the opposing team and no one else....

I was a bunker away from her and just watching her through the net.. I had already made up my mind I wasn't going to shoot her...

I think she must have read my body language because all it took was a flanking move by one of my open play team members and she came shooting out the door way towards me. I had a giant piece of netting to watch her run my way the whole time. Sure, I could have shot her on the way up but I didnt even lift my gun..

Instead it was one of those moments where you catch yourself watching paintball instead of playing. More shocked like, Is this really happening?!? ITS OPEN PLAY AND SHES COMING TO GET ME - - -- --HELL YEAH!! OH CRAP- I was chuckling behind my mask when she came around the corner gunsablazing like a foot away.... I called my self out and watched her quickly mop up the last two..

I was very impressed by her refusal to lose =)

Besides my pride, I had no battle wounds from that little beating I just took. Yes I had my jerzey on, and yes I would have done it with or without the jerzey. One would have left me bloody, one didn't.

That was the last game of the day and we talked about it till they left. We then talked about it the next weekend they came out.

It is not for me to decide what people wear. I love it when I see a gillie suit at our field. If you ref long enough you can pick up on why some people are wearing them. It has nothing to do with the camouflage. There are some people in this sport that dont dig the getting shot aspect. Me I could care less.... I am however tired of lookin like I have ring worm on my arms when I head to the gym.

I AGREE it is skeet to see people using them as a crutch. That is not a jerzey issue or a gear issue or a paint issue. It is a sportsmanship issue.

I have never needed a crutch to impose my will on a paintball field, just practice.

Last edited by onepumpchump13 : 02-08-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM #140
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
No player at a recreational field should ever be in a position where a "battle scar" is even a consideration. Turn the guns down to 280 and prohibit shooting other players within 20 feet and it's simply not a problem.

Nor should any new player have to think they need to buy a jersey to play.

Not to mention, padding increases bounces, which then increases the number of times people get shot.

The padding has gotten out of control and there's no reason for the padding at all. Yes, if you wear padding, you're more likely to get bounces. But if we eliminate padding - your shots are more likely to break!

That's why the NCPA is no padding. Makes things less expensive, and I like to think we're playing to find out who is the best player, not who is the best marshmallow man.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:55 PM #141
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
No player at a recreational field should ever be in a position where a "battle scar" is even a consideration. Turn the guns down to 280 and prohibit shooting other players within 20 feet and it's simply not a problem.

Nor should any new player have to think they need to buy a jersey to play.

- Chris

We run a SAFE field at xtreme with 280 fps and 10 bps limit, to insinuate we don't is just ludicrous. To insinuate that all fields dont is just plain stupid. Close shots are and unavoidable hazard of this sport. Either people don't know the 10-15 ft rule (one bunker away), or they get spooked and shoot their own team, things happen out there.

The situations like explained in the above story happen all the time. This jerzey is just a way to mitigate the battle wounds in paintball.. THAT DO HAPPEN..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

I am not trying to force anyone INTO a jerzey, but there are some that think they have a right to force them out... You simply do not.

If they want to play in the league that doesn't allow padding that's where this group needs to go.. Unless you knowingly bind yourself to a leagues rules and it limits the padding in the jerzey, no one has any right to say you CANT wear it or shouldnt.

Last edited by onepumpchump13 : 02-08-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:08 PM #142
apes4us
MO

Quote:
People can say what they want about debating on pbnation but even your tone of the last comment is COMPLETELY different than your first one posted on this thread.
Don't get all mushy on me now, you have repeatedly insulted me in this thread and I'm not going to forget that anytime soon.

Quote:
We run a SAFE field at xtreme with 280 fps and 10 bps limit, to insinuate we don't is just ludicrous. To insinuate that all fields dont is just plain stupid.
EXXXAAAAAAAACCCCCCTTTTLLLLYYYYYYY! Well said. Paintball has been perfectly safe for 30 years without uber-padded jerseys, they do not make the sport safer because it is 100% safe as it is!
apes4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM #143
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
Quote:
We run a SAFE field at xtreme with 280 fps and 10 bps limit, to insinuate we don't is just ludicrous. To insinuate that all fields dont is just plain stupid.
I didn't insinuate that anyone doesn't run a safe field.

I just think it's pretty silly to argue that padded jerseys are necessary because rec players are afraid of "battle scars".

Especially when new rec players don't wear jerseys.

You're more likely to get a "battle scar" running into a tree or other obstacle than you are from a paintball, in a properly managed setting catered to first-time players.

BTW, I've been playing for almost 20 years now and I don't have a single scar from a paintball - although I did have one for a few years that I picked up getting bunkered in speedball practice by a CO2 gun shooting well over the limit.

Compressed air has done a lot more to eliminate nasty welts than padded jerseys ever will.

Anyway, after 20 years in the sport playing with players of all levels, including many, many, many first-time players in jeans and a tshirt, I would agree that any experienced player arguing that these extreme padded jerseys are "safety" equipment is a pansy.

- Chris
Old 02-08-2013, 04:52 PM #144
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by apes4us View Post
Don't get all mushy on me now, you have repeatedly insulted me in this thread and I'm not going to forget that anytime soon.

EXXXAAAAAAAACCCCCCTTTTLLLLYYYYYYY! Well said. Paintball has been perfectly safe for 30 years without uber-padded jerseys, they do not make the sport safer because it is 100% safe as it is!
I thought we had gotten some where Then you started up that logic defying argument that padding in paintball is not safer.....

Quote:
I didn't insinuate that anyone doesn't run a safe field.

I just think it's pretty silly to argue that padded jerseys are necessary because rec players are afraid of "battle scars".

Especially when new rec players don't wear jerseys.

You're more likely to get a "battle scar" running into a tree or other obstacle than you are from a paintball, in a properly managed setting catered to first-time players.

BTW, I've been playing for almost 20 years now and I don't have a single scar from a paintball - although I did have one for a few years that I picked up getting bunkered in speedball practice by a CO2 gun shooting well over the limit.

Compressed air has done a lot more to eliminate nasty welts than padded jerseys ever will.

Anyway, after 20 years in the sport playing with players of all levels, including many, many, many first-time players in jeans and a tshirt, I would agree that any experienced player arguing that these extreme padded jerseys are "safety" equipment is a pansy.

- Chris
First off I am happy for you that you don't have any scars from paintball. Consider yourself lucky then with all your years of paintball behind you.

Compressed air only added consistency and if anything lead to the ramping machine guns we have now doing all the over shooting...

YOUR post is EXACTLY what I have been up in arms arguing with. In one breath you are telling me you have been in a situation where you have received scars from an incident that came from paintball.. Then in the very next breath you are throwing personal slights, calling me a panzy and telling me how useless this gear is... If you did have a padded jerzey that day and you didnt listen to some schmuck trying to tell you how to dress in the morning... you may have avoided the scar altogether.

Lets not forget I am the most vocal on this issue for sure, but I am not the only one who has posted up about the battle scars for paintball in this thread. I am not the only one who has stated the usefulness of this jerzey, or their appreciation for it.

The link I KEEP posting is from Team : huSTLe A semi team out of the midwest. It asks people what is the longest lasting welt/cuts/bruises you have had in paintball.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

I have been a gym rat now for years. I have even been asked by people who know what ringworm looks like if the paintball marks were in fact ring worm. It is embarrassing to explain to people that don't know what this sport is where the marks came from. They might be earned and something I am proud of in the world of paintball but they are not a welcoming invitation to the stranger I am explaining them too. Who has been sweating next to me for the last 15 min in the sauna...

I didnt realize there were so many internet tough guys in paintball. Panzy this and Panzy that.. I'm not into talking **** over the internet. All I ask is that in the interest of fair representation keep the personal slights out of the comments? I might just be.. "A Panzy" but you wouldn't know that for sure.

My face is my avatar - my Facebook is linked at the bottom. You ever see me strolling by be sure to stop me and say hello.

So I get it the jerzey doesn't work for you, don't wear it...

Until this gear becomes illegal article of clothing and even then....

CRY LESS let your game do the talking when you PLAY MORE.

Dress yourself not others.

Nothing can be an advantage in any sport if it is available to everyone. It is your ability to utilize what is available that separates you from the competition. Padding in paintball IS safer than no padding. Crying about the rules that are in place has never looked good for anyone. You keep trying though...

Last edited by onepumpchump13 : 02-08-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:43 PM #145
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
You are categorically wrong. That's about as nice as I can put it.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:06 PM #146
chrispy1.5

chrispy1.5 plays in the PSP
chrispy1.5 supports Pev's Paintball
chrispy1.5 plays in the APPA D4 division
I'll say this and then I'm done...

I wear a padded jersey (RAZA MKR same as JT and Grief). I even wear elbow pads underneath (I don't like looking like I ran my arms accross a cheesegrader diving all around). I don't always wear both at the same time (except tournies) normally but occassionally I do. I enjoy the fact that the extreme welts and scars have come to a stop. I didn't mind them or talking about them in anyway, its the nature of the game. But like JT mentioned above before I got hurt I was gym rat and the looks you get and questions are hilarious when people ask how I got that mark. I'm also a cop and it was even worse then and almost led to me getting trouble with my department. So wear as the welts/scars/bruises still happen occassionally its not as much due to the padded jersey/pad combo. But I'll agree from time to time they do get bounces its the nature of the beast.

You can wear what you want and pad what you want but goggle shots seldom bounce.

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1632768
chrispy1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 PM #147
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
Quote:
YOUR post is EXACTLY what I have been up in arms arguing with. In one breath you are telling me you have been in a situation where you have received scars from an incident that came from paintball.. Then in the very next breath you are throwing personal slights, calling me a panzy and telling me how useless this gear is... If you did have a padded jerzey that day and you didnt listen to some schmuck trying to tell you how to dress in the morning... you may have avoided the scar altogether.
Not true for several reasons.

- It was 1999. We didn't have padded jerseys then.
- It was 1999. I got bunkered by a gun shooting 350+ because their CO2 spiked
- Padded jerseys don't have padding in the spot I got shot anyway.
- I was BUNKERED. Something that doesn't happen to new players on a rec field. (And don't be like, "Sometimes people don't follow the rules!" I realize this. It doesn't justify anything, any more than the fact that some people take their masks off and get shot in the eye justifies shutting down all paintball fields.)

It's not safety equipment. If it IS safety equipment, tell me why the padding on the jerseys is NOT where most people get the worst welts (the back), and IS where people are most likely to get bounces from shots from far away (forearms and shoulders) ?

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org