Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-15-2013, 07:36 PM #1
The_Mays_PB27

The_Mays_PB27 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The_Mays_PB27 is for the Gunfight
Clone GT Vs Geo 3

Hey I will be picking one of these markers up at this upcoming psp chicago and i wanted to see what you guys both thought about them. I shoot a 2.0'd luxe 1.0 right now so keep that in mind. Just wanted to see what you guys thought Thanks
The_Mays_PB27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2013, 07:40 PM #2
IBleed Arbor
vtec just kicked in, yo!

IBleed Arbor plays in the PSP
IBleed Arbor owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
IBleed Arbor is reppin' sidebar 4 life
IBleed Arbor is Boss
IBleed Arbor supports DLX Technology
Coming from the luxe you'd probably be happier with the clone gt in terms of ergonomics. but for me, I'd get the geo3, reliability, good enough efficiency, and a clean shot. Thought I'd get a word in before the macdev fanboys get here.

Edit: when you get there hold them both and see which you like
IBleed Arbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 PM #3
xmagman
MacDev Militia

xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Clone GT beats the Geo3 in every area except for 2...maintenance (not like maintenance on the GT is tough) and trigger. Everything else goes to the GT. No to mention the GT is a balanced spool while the Geo is a dump-valve.
I have shot every Geo model out there and have yet to be impressed by any of them. If you truly want a dump-valve marker that performs just as well or better for less than half the price get a Drone DX.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 PM #4
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

If you get a clone with the new noid then it's rock solid. The clone is smoother, quieter and more efficient. There's nothing "fanboy" about it... the drone shoots more similar to a geo.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 PM #5
IBleed Arbor
vtec just kicked in, yo!

IBleed Arbor plays in the PSP
IBleed Arbor owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
IBleed Arbor is reppin' sidebar 4 life
IBleed Arbor is Boss
IBleed Arbor supports DLX Technology
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I've heard horror stories people had with their clones. The gt is slightly smoother and efficient. It does feel great in the hands, ill give it that. The trigger sucks.
IBleed Arbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM #6
blueshifty

The horror stories exist with every gun and every manufacturer. The new solenoids make past issues a null issue.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 PM #7
The_Mays_PB27

I also did have a dark creamsicle geo 2 before and loved it!! Still open to opinions!! It's going to be a hard choice!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM #8
echoscammer
MILF hunt veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmagman View Post
The Clone GT beats the Geo3 in every area except for 2...maintenance (not like maintenance on the GT is tough) and trigger. Everything else goes to the GT. No to mention the GT is a balanced spool while the Geo is a dump-valve.
What! are you saying that a Geo is no more than a hyped G4?

That being said, I just recently acquired a Droid and I can say that shot wise it is at par to my DM9 IMO with the DM9 just being edged out by the Droids efficiency.
And in regards to maintenance, I've owned / currently own 3 G4's, 2 SpecR's, a DM8 and a DM9, I believe i can handle the maintenance on a GT and Droid.

Right now, Im on a current local deal for a GT and im hoping it will push thru!

So, to OP, go for the GT.
Originally Posted By Paper Cut: " To OP: you are aware that most people who picked the Geo are only picking it since it is made by Eclipse but have no idea that the Geo is actually a Dangerous Power G4"

I own highends but for giggles i shoot THESE
echoscammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 PM #9
xmagman
MacDev Militia

xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoscammer View Post
What! are you saying that a Geo is no more than a hyped G4?
Yes. Yes I am.

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 PM #10
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmagman

Yes. Yes I am.
C'mon guys really? I call bs on anyone who says the geo 3 isn't a great shooter. I would take a clone gt over a geo3 but the truth is the gro3 is an amazing marker and fun to play with. Both are great!
KryptonicsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:43 PM #11
enemy master

I had a geo 2 and it was pretty good. No FSDO at all and easy to clean and the trigger and board are great. Right now i have a clone gt and WOW! it is SOOO quite, smooth and has zero kick, and of course no micro line to get in the way. I just got mine pooty modded with sprung bolt and had to break in the new o-rings so i took it out to shoot. I had 3500psi in my tank and it was 45 degrees out. I got 6 full hoppers out of it. Go Clone GT.
enemy master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 PM #12
echoscammer
MILF hunt veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonicsPB View Post
C'mon guys really? I call bs on anyone who says the geo 3 isn't a great shooter.
This was what i said about my Ego 8 and 11, but when I shot my G6r....

Priceless.
Originally Posted By Paper Cut: " To OP: you are aware that most people who picked the Geo are only picking it since it is made by Eclipse but have no idea that the Geo is actually a Dangerous Power G4"

I own highends but for giggles i shoot THESE
echoscammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 AM #13
The_Mays_PB27

I'm going to disagree with the g4 comment my friends brother has a g4 and that is the hardest hitting mf and doesn't shoot that well... Comparing it to the dark geo 2 I had... Anyways still open for discussion
Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 AM #14
Lobotomizer
Lockin Down with PE

Lobotomizer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Lobotomizer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You can't go wrong with either guns.

I've personally have used both guns in a point, and I must say I was impressed with both.
The gt ergonomics are very nice, no macro line so you can move a little more freely and pretty simple maintenance. Smooth marker and it okay efficientcy. But if you want an efficient gun, I with a ego or g6r. The only thing I found that I disliked was the board. I prefer a full oled board instead of macdevs boards. Still nice but PE and DLX are ahead of the game in boards. A big up is the barrel kit.

The geo3
Feels good in the hands, just enough kick, great and easy to navigate board, very simple maintenance, great trigger, comes with the soft tipped bolt, And personally I love the milling. And if you happen to have problems you can deal with the amazing PE customer service. Saying that I have never used macdevs customer service because I haven't owned the marker, only have used it.

All that said I would take a geo3 over and GT, but that's just me. There are people that are die hard macdev fans and their are die hard planet eclipse fans. Personally I would take a luxe over the two any day
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 AM #15
blueshifty

MacDev boards are "full OLED." They also have a usb port for simple code upgrades... don't know what else you could want.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 AM #16
Lobotomizer
Lockin Down with PE

Lobotomizer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Lobotomizer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
MacDev boards are "full OLED." They also have a usb port for simple code upgrades... don't know what else you could want.
I would want a full sized oled I realized what I said was wrong after you said that. Il I'm saying is that planet eclipse boards are more "advanced" then macdevs.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM #17
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomizer View Post
I would want a full sized oled I realized what I said was wrong after you said that. Il I'm saying is that planet eclipse boards are more "advanced" then macdevs.
Advanced as in colors? The militia code is remarkably similar to tadao and IMO the programming is pretty flawless, not to mention you can put tadao code on a stock clone board. I also do really like eclipse coding... they've been refining it since the eblade really and seem to have it down pretty well.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:51 AM #18
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
The g4 comment is in regards to the tech inside the gun. Both are unbalanced spools. PE has done a lot to make that tech as smooth as possible but at the end of the day its apples to apples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomizer View Post
You can't go wrong with either guns.

I've personally have used both guns in a point, and I must say I was impressed with both.
The gt ergonomics are very nice, no macro line so you can move a little more freely and pretty simple maintenance. Smooth marker and it okay efficientcy. But if you want an efficient gun, I with a ego or g6r. The only thing I found that I disliked was the board. I prefer a full oled board instead of macdevs boards. Still nice but PE and DLX are ahead of the game in boards. A big up is the barrel kit.

The geo3
Feels good in the hands, just enough kick, great and easy to navigate board, very simple maintenance, great trigger, comes with the soft tipped bolt, And personally I love the milling. And if you happen to have problems you can deal with the amazing PE customer service. Saying that I have never used macdevs customer service because I haven't owned the marker, only have used it.

All that said I would take a geo3 over and GT, but that's just me. There are people that are die hard macdev fans and their are die hard planet eclipse fans. Personally I would take a luxe over the two any day

The gt is, please correct me if I am wrong, the most efficient spool out there so saying its efficiency is "ok" is a little off, especially when comparing it to a geo. The clone gt has a bolt tip as well to be softer on paint so those are moot points. Macdev's board are very close, as shifty said, to Tadao so to say the geo programming is simpler and that Macdev is behind will garnish a disagreement from me. Perhaps it falls more to your preferences but you really can not beat the Macdev software. Macdev CS is amazing, it has a bad reputation based on past issues, all of which have been resolved by bringing on shootnpoo and pooty, aggressive sports, and several others. Not trying to bash you but all of the things you listed about the comparison were largely aesthetic and dependent on the person. When it comes down to mechanics of the guns, the gt is just on a different level.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:22 AM #19
#1WoodsBaller

#1WoodsBaller is playing at Living Legends V
#1WoodsBaller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
The g4 comment is in regards to the tech inside the gun. Both are unbalanced spools. PE has done a lot to make that tech as smooth as possible but at the end of the day its apples to apples.

The gt is, please correct me if I am wrong, the most efficient spool out there so saying its efficiency is "ok" is a little off, especially when comparing it to a geo.
My truck has a small block v8 so does a vette apples to apples...right?

Which markers does the GT share tech with? I'm not trolling I really don't know.

How many pods do you get out of a GT, I'm not trolling I really don't know.

WTB or Trade for Grey Racing Strap PM Me!!
#1WoodsBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 AM #20
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1WoodsBaller View Post
My truck has a small block v8 so does a vette apples to apples...right?

Which markers does the GT share tech with? I'm not trolling I really don't know.

How many pods do you get out of a GT, I'm not trolling I really don't know.
Not too familiar with cars so Im not gonna touch that.

Gt shares most directly with the clone vx and other highend spools like the dms

Out of the box numbers were around 10 pods, not broken in or tuned.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 AM #21
Dep
its paintball.settle down

Annual Supporting Member
Dep is BST Trusted
Dep is playing at Living Legends VII
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dep is for the Gunfight
I would take the gt. Its so smooth and feels great. I own 3 of them including a pooty gt.

But i would not hesitate at all to pick up a geo3. They feel comfortable and shoot amazing. And the trigger is solid. The maintenance and reliability is always on top with pe. These are great guns even if they dont shoot as smooth as other spools.