Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2013, 02:39 PM #64
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
My state leaders might be bible thumping readnecks, but at least I don't have to deal with this ****.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 02:59 PM #65
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by rT159 View Post
More horsepower.
lol yeah that tactical stock adds 50 HP

I hear a lot of these guys saying "it was made for the military"....the model 700 was made for the military, the 1911 was made for the military, the browning A bolt is based off the mauser, etc. etc.

to my knowledge this isn't legal in NY. It's ok the libs said they weren't coming after your hunting rifles.
ROFL
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 01-16-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:06 PM #66
ripdisc

ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
"Stores that sell ammunition will have to register with the state, run background checks on buyers of bullets and keep an electronic database of bullet sales."

and registering all the assault rifles.

are both going to be terribly expensive

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:22 PM #67
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Texas is pushing for the opposite, arresting any federal agent who comes to Texas and tries to uphold federal law regarding taking guns from citizens in any capacity. You might see people start moving out of liberal states just to keep their guns. I hope a few liberals cave and vote to support these ridiculous gun measures so they get voted out in 2014.

New York liberals are terrible if they think these gun measures only affect dangerous people.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:24 PM #68
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Texas is pushing for the opposite, arresting any federal agent who comes to Texas and tries to uphold federal law regarding taking guns from citizens in any capacity. You might see people start moving out of liberal states just to keep their guns. I hope a few liberals cave and vote to support these ridiculous gun measures so they get voted out in 2014.

New York liberals are terrible if they think these gun measures only affect dangerous people.
reminds me of what Sheriff Tony DeMeo did

don't forget stuff like this happened during the civil rights movement in alabama.

Quote:
On this day in 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson notifies Alabama's Governor George Wallace that he will use federal authority to call up the Alabama National Guard in order to supervise a planned civil rights march from Selma to Montgomery.

Intimidation and discrimination had earlier prevented Selma's black population--over half the city--from registering and voting. On Sunday, March 7, 1965, a group of 600 demonstrators marched on the capital city of Montgomery to protest this disenfranchisement and the earlier killing of a black man, Jimmie Lee Jackson, by a state trooper. In brutal scenes that were later broadcast on television, state and local police attacked the marchers with billy clubs and tear gas. TV viewers far and wide were outraged by the images, and a protest march was organized just two days after "Bloody Sunday" by Martin Luther King, Jr., head of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC). King turned the marchers around, however, rather than carry out the march without federal judicial approval.

After an Alabama federal judge ruled on March 18 that a third march could go ahead, President Johnson and his advisers worked quickly to find a way to ensure the safety of King and his demonstrators on their way from Selma to Montgomery. The most powerful obstacle in their way was Governor Wallace, an outspoken anti-integrationist who was reluctant to spend any state funds on protecting the demonstrators. Hours after promising Johnson--in telephone calls recorded by the White House--that he would call out the Alabama National Guard to maintain order, Wallace went on television and demanded that Johnson send in federal troops instead.

Furious, Johnson told Attorney General Nicholas Katzenbach to write a press release stating that because Wallace refused to use the 10,000 available guardsmen to preserve order in his state, Johnson himself was calling the guard up and giving them all necessary support. Several days later, 50,000 marchers followed King some 54 miles, under the watchful eyes of state and federal troops. Arriving safely in Montgomery on March 25, they watched King deliver his famous "How Long, Not Long" speech from the steps of the Capitol building. The clash between Johnson and Wallace--and Johnson's decisive action--was an important turning point in the civil rights movement. Within five months, Congress had passed the Voting Rights Act, which Johnson proudly signed into law on August 6, 1965.
and the rest is history
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 01-16-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:28 PM #69
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary

Then there is this button you can get, where your magazine won't eject without a tool. It works for California, so it should be cool for NY... right?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:44 PM #70
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
reminds me of what Sheriff Tony DeMeo did

don't forget stuff like this happened during the civil rights movement in alabama.
Yeah good call.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2482211.html

That's the link to what Steve Toth proposed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2451438.html

Wyoming last week. Kentucky and Idaho are planning to prepare something soon. You have to commend these individuals for standing up for the 2nd Amendment that is under attack by Vice President Joe Biden, Governor Cuomo (NY) and other insane liberals (Carl) who refuse to admit that part of the problem is the mass coverage these shootings get on media networks.

Our guns kept the Japanese from invading the mainland.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:52 PM #71
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Well here's one of those unexpected things the guys in NY didn't think about...

According to the NY law, This is an "assault weapon"

because it has a pistol/thumb hole stock and a detachable magazine.

This dangerous weapon is carried by US Olympic Biathlon Team
http://www.teamusa.org/US-Biathlon.aspx
Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM #72
tomM925
R.I.P America.

tomM925 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post

Then there is this button you can get, where your magazine won't eject without a tool. It works for California, so it should be cool for NY... right?
New York is not requiring bullet buttons.

And in regards to having them in California, well apparently that isn't good enough for Feinstein anymore... She wants further restrictions.

OBAMA SUCKS.
tomM925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM #73
ripdisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post

wyoming is doing this too.
http://k2radio.com/wyoming-house-bil...rotection-act/

The Ripdisc Collection
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM #74
Lazarusrat

Lazarusrat owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
The only problem with the WY bill is it may not hold up in the courts...

Of course in order to challange the bill the Fed would have to take teh State to court. Wyoming would counter that the ban violates teh 2nd and therefore the legislation doesn't undermine Federal authority but is providing guildence to prevent enforcement of an unconstitutional law. At which point to enforce the AWB the Fed would thenhave to prove the in te courts that the AWB doesn't violate teh 2nd.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:28 PM #75
Blake360

Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 PM #76
ripdisc

either way I grew up in wyoming it would be a bloodbath to try to take the guns away there. nobody would give them up and they certainly would put up a fight if someone tried to go in and take them. Montana would be the same.

The Ripdisc Collection
Old 01-16-2013, 04:32 PM #77
Swerve22

Move to states that will protect your right to bear arms.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM #78
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Move to states that will protect your right to bear arms.
Easier said than done.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM #79
Necropolis
yeah uh no

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
A step in the right direction.
I disagree. Due to their lack of conceal-ability and high price, assault rifles are poor choices for most crimes. handguns are far more deadly. a lack of background checks is far more deadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomM925 View Post
This is such bull. This crap isn't going to save anyone's lives.

Let ban cancer! Make that sh**illegal. Cancer has no sporting purpose.. Just to kill.

It's sickening the way these liberals think, don't let a good crisis go to waste!

There's already laws that make the private transfer of handguns illegal, sure as hell hasn't stopped criminals from getting their hands on those!!

And there's roughly a 20:1 handgun to rifle murder ratio.

Fine work their doing here.
you are **** retarded, i mean unacceptably incurably, helmet-in-the-bathtub retarded if you honestly believe liberals are the only ones who use tragedies to promote their agenda.

in fact, if the NRA types werent sitting there saying the only thing that would help is more guns, and were focusing their opposition in a more sophisticated and coherent manner, this stuff wouldnt pass. i blame both sides for this failure of a gun control debate.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM #80
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Easier said than done.
It's easy to find this whole situation funny for the absurdity of it but it really sucks for all your sane people in the state. I think a lot of the problems start with congressional districts getting redrawn aiding in crazy things like this happening.

Quote:
in fact, if the NRA types werent sitting there saying the only thing that would help is more guns, and were focusing their opposition in a more sophisticated and coherent manner, this stuff wouldnt pass. i blame both sides for this failure of a gun control debate.
you know the NRA gets 80% of their funding from tax paying middle class members? You pay 35 dollars a month for a newsletter and the promise that someone will fight for your rights in congress. The NRA has over 4 million members so do the math and you'll see why the NRA is the most powerful lobbying group. The NRA doesn't work for gun companies it works for those 4 million members.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic

Last edited by Murph1329 : 01-16-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM #81
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
either way I grew up in wyoming it would be a bloodbath to try to take the guns away there. nobody would give them up and they certainly would put up a fight if someone tried to go in and take them. Montana would be the same.
If you think Wyoming is bad, I bet Texas is a lot worse. Not only do they have guns, but a severe willingness to use them and more importantly -a lot of people to form a sizable militia if it came to that.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM #82
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
Easier said than done.
Yes, but the man comes around you'll wish you had done.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM #83
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post

you are **** retarded, i mean unacceptably incurably, helmet-in-the-bathtub retarded if you honestly believe liberals are the only ones who use tragedies to promote their agenda.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM #84
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post
And what exactly are YOU doing to help prevent it?

www.gunfacts.info