PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 AM #43
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
We aren't up in arms about more thorough background checks.

A vast majority of handguns in NY as of right now are essentially unable to be sold because of the magazine restrictions. AR15's have been almost entirely banned for future purchases.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 01:57 AM #44
Bloodeagle

Quote:
Did that ****head seriously call AR15's weapons of mass destruction? Holy ****ing ****
Which would mean all the AK's in Iraq when we invaded were WMD, right?
Bloodeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:04 AM #45
Bloodeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie says chillax View Post
let's compare the 1st amendment to the 2nd...
one is much more important/valuable than the other.
Do you have a Supreme Court cite on that? If so, what was the basis of that decision?

Quote:
i want my full freedom at the airport dammit. i can't even travel with a normal size shampoo bottle but you're going to ***** about weather your gun has a bayonet mount on it?
Your rights to a full bottle of shampoo going through the airport did not make it into the Bill of Rights.

Moving on, sales are prohibited. I wonder how a long-term lease would work around this law. I wonder if inheritance of specified guns is affected.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 AM #46
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodeagle View Post
Do you have a Supreme Court cite on that? If so, what was the basis of that decision?

Your rights to a full bottle of shampoo going through the airport did not make it into the Bill of Rights.

Moving on, sales are prohibited. I wonder how a long-term lease would work around this law. I wonder if inheritance of specified guns is affected.
It wouldn't, gun laws typically use "possession" and not "ownership"
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 AM #47
Bloodeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Then it is constitutional.
Privileges/Immunities Clause for visitors? This is an interesting reverse of the question of whether one state has to honor the marriages granted by another.

Here is some reading you may find interesting, BR.

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/McD...Foundation.pdf
Old 01-16-2013, 02:34 AM #48
Bloodeagle

Quote:
It wouldn't, gun laws typically use "possession" and not "ownership"
This is a quote from the article:

"The measure also calls for restrictions on ammunition and the sale of guns. It is expected to pass Tuesday."

We don't have the exact text there, but any restriction on simply possession would effectively allow confiscation unless there is a grandfather clause. If so, that could make inheritance tricky although the article does indicate that sales to immediate family members would be handled differently. Also, this law would not have done anything to stop the Sandy Hook killings.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:35 AM #49
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodeagle View Post
Privileges/Immunities Clause for visitors? This is an interesting reverse of the question of whether one state has to honor the marriages granted by another.

Here is some reading you may find interesting, BR.

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/McD...Foundation.pdf
McDonald vs Chicago ?

If I'm not mistaken, that is the case where the NRA pushed the incorporation of the 2nd amendment. Anything else I am supposed to be getting from it (before I spend time at work going over the case ) ?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 AM #50
Murph1329

Legal AK

Illegal AK

Now for the test
Can you guess which benelli is legal?
Hint: the law was changed from 2 military features to 1

bullet is the same and rate of fire is the same....crap like this is why the gun community gets so fed up with AWBs. These are just steps to ban all semi-auto weapons from your AK47 to your bland remington 7400 hunting rifle....which by the way is based off the BAR
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 01-16-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM #51
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

One at the top because of the muzzle brake that adds a baby seeking action to every bullet that passes through.

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:46 AM #52
tomM925
R.I.P America.

tomM925 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
same preschoolish rhetoric.
also i love how gun people are throwing blame on violent tv/games now. makes much more sense.

nobody's taking your guns people. we're just sick of the revolving door that is the american gun market. might as well have buy 1 get 1 free kalashnikov sales at walmart. i like guns. i have a few but some owners/supporters are just insane. talks of socking up/revolting or how their freedom is stripped away. even GWB wanted tighter background checks on guns. people need to calm down
You have me convinced you have no clue what your talking about. We're talking about the NY ban... Which is a bit more complex than some simple background checks.

OBAMA SUCKS.
tomM925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 AM #53
tomM925
R.I.P America.

The middle one?

OBAMA SUCKS.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 AM #54
Space Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
bullet is the same and rate of fire is the same....crap like this is why the gun community gets so fed up with AWBs. These are just steps to ban all semi-auto weapons from your AK47 to your bland remington 7400 hunting rifle....which by the way is based off the BAR
Uh... no it isn't. The 7400 is a direct impingement gas system (one of the few rifles that actuall has one; The AR-15 does not) with a gas outlet pressing on a block attached to two action bars that drive the bolt. The BAR is a short stroke piston rifle. The 740/742/7400 was a completely original design.
Space Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 AM #55
yesme

Middle one
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 AM #56
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pope View Post
Uh... no it isn't. The 7400 is a direct impingement gas system (one of the few rifles that actuall has one; The AR-15 does not) with a gas outlet pressing on a block attached to two action bars that drive the bolt. The BAR is a short stroke piston rifle. The 740/742/7400 was a completely original design.
thanks for the correction....either way it doesn't change the point that both the remington 7400 vs browning bar hunting rifles could be seen as evil rifles in the eyes of a lot of these liberals that want to go on some sort of semi-auto crusade. Point being if you're a hunter and sitting on the fence you're not exempt. I can't imagine all the pissed off turkey hunters that use a pistol grip and telescopic stock on their shotgun.

and yes it is it the middle one....under the old law it would be the middle one and the last one BUT since the last one has both a telescopic stock and pistol grip it is illegal under the new law since these are classified as "military features."

Oh and a freaking thumbhole stock counts as a "military feature." Basically if you put a thumbhole stock on some sort of deer rifle that has a muzzle brake you're in violation. That means you're browning A-bolt with the boss system can't have any scary looking stock.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 01-16-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM #57
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

NY Laws are you ****ing kidding me?

Quote:
Ammunition magazines will be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines will have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine will face a misdemeanor charge.
Quote:
Under current state law, assault weapons [semi automatic] are defined by having two "military rifle" features such as folding stock, muzzle flash suppressor or bayonet mount. The proposal reduces that to one feature and includes the popular pistol grip.
So now SKSs are also included in that too.

This is ****ing retarded. All it's going to do is make more criminals than before, because heaven forbid someone miscounts loading their mag and puts in 8 instead of 7.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 PM #58
99BPS

Still got nothing on the drug war in terms of rabid abuses of our rights.
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 PM #59
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
NY Laws are you ****ing kidding me?

So now SKSs are also included in that too.

This is ****ing retarded. All it's going to do is make more criminals than before, because heaven forbid someone miscounts loading their mag and puts in 8 instead of 7.
say what!?!??!?!?! They aren't going to grandfather in the existing standard capacity magazines?

Can please post the link where you read this?
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 PM #60
tomM925
R.I.P America.

Nope. No grandfathering of magazines.

OBAMA SUCKS.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:28 PM #61
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
10 rounders are grandfathered, 11+ are not.

Quote:
Magazines:
Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Devices are redefined in 265.00 (23):
A magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds.
A magazine that contains more than 7 rounds. (Meaning that you can use you pre-2013 ban 8-10 rounders but can only out 7 bullets in them).
A magazine obtained after the effective date of the new legislation that can accept more than 7 rounds.
Exemptions: Curio and Relic magazines and tubular .22 attached magazines.
Curio and Relic mags are mags 50 years old or older, only capable of working in a firearm made 50 years ago.
C&R mag possessors must be registered pursuant to 400.00(16)(a).

265.36 - Magazines manufactured before 9/13/94 that can accept or can be readily converted to accept more than 10 rounds:
These magazines are now illegal.
If you have a "reasonable belief that it was lawful to possess" and you surrender or destroy it within 30 days of being told that it is illegal, you are not guilty of the unlawful possession.
Possession is otherwise a Class A Misdemeanor.

265.37 - Magazines 8-10 rounds that are loaded with more than 7 rounds.
Possession in the home is a violation. Second offense is a Class B Misdemeanor.
Possession outside of the home is a Class B Misdemeanor. Second offense is a Class A Misdemeanor.
Summary of the new magazine laws
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 01-16-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Drex17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 PM #62
mnp8nt
There is only Zuul

Annual Supporting Member
mnp8nt is playing at Living Legends III
mnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mnp8nt supports Team VICIOUS
mnp8nt is an NCPA player
mnp8nt is Legendary
mnp8nt is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
same preschoolish rhetoric.
You mean like the absolute horse**** used to pass this? Are we going to use some more good ole fashion emotional arguments in this thread for gun control.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 PM #63
tomM925
R.I.P America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnp8nt View Post
You mean like the absolute horse**** used to pass this? Are we going to use some more good ole fashion emotional arguments in this thread for gun control.
Ignore him bro. He's demonstrated nothing other than his lack of knowledge on the topic so far in this thread.

OBAMA SUCKS.