PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-27-2010, 09:05 PM #1
Onuris
Oldskool Baller

Onuris owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Forced to buy a .50 cal (and other stuff)

Was out with my kids and girlfriend last week, stopped into one of the local paintball stores- just to look at picking up a GEO2 and a new pair of gloves. I should have know better. My 10 yr old daughter spotted a Nano50 on the wall and was checking it out with much enthusiasm. She started up a pitch on how it is the perfect size for her, and was pleading for me to buy it. I started telling her some of the drawbacks of .50 cal, does not shoot as far, etc., but she would hear none of it, reminded me that she does most of her evil work at closer ranges anyway. I asked her if she had $750 to buy it. She replied she would sell her PM9 and her silver Mini to pay for it if that is what it came to. I broke down and told her I would get it for her. Then my son and gf complained- he said I had already promised him a new ETEK, and she was drooling over a blue/purple EGO. So we walked out with 4 cases of .68 Evil, 2 cases of GI .50 paint, the Nano50 a Kingman Rapid50 loader and Crossfire SS 45/4500 to go with it for my daughter, urban digi-camo ETEK AM for my son, a thistle EGO SLS for my gf, Eclipse Gauntlet gloves, white/black Sly Profit goggles, deposit on a midnight GEO2 and $4500 less in my checking account for me.

So we went out to a local field this past weekend, and as I watched my daughter rip around the fields, I could tell how comfortable she was with her new marker. She is a bit small for her age, and yes indeed it did fit her just right, nice and light and compact. She was thrilled with it, the balls seemed to break well on her targets, she did not have even one single break in the gun all day, and eliminated more than her share of opponents. With her up close and personal style of play, the Nano worked great for her. I was playing against her several times through the day, and she shot me out a couple times. I will have to attest that I felt no difference in getting hit with the .50 as compared to .68, but after playing for 25 years I am fairly insusceptible to any pain from hits anyway. I tried the Nano myself for a bit, but did not like it, the ballistic properties of it were just inferior compared to .68. The thing was just way too tiny for my liking as well, did not fit me or feel right to me. Not a grown mans marker in my opinion.

So even though I have been completely opposed to the whole .50 cal format, I will now have to admit that it does have its place in paintball. Will I use it personally? No way. But watching how thrilled my daughter is with her new Nano I am glad that the format is here, and hope it is around long enough for my 7 yr old daughter to use it when she is old enough to play.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:14 PM #2
BunkerKnight
B.O.B. White's Lurker

BunkerKnight supports Team VICIOUS
BunkerKnight has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I cringed at that shopping list >.<
B.O.B. White's Saint...Every Sinner Has A Future, Every Saint Has His Past...Never Forgive, Never Forget...#911
Bob Long 2k5 Lasoya Intimidator...Killing Machine
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
Ninja Paintball
DSSPaintball.com
Revolution Tattoo
BunkerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:03 PM #3
bobmanboy
I'm wayyyyy up there.

I wish my dad got me a Etek...
bobmanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:30 PM #4
icygrip
^rs

Annual Supporting Member
icygrip plays in the APPA D5 division
icygrip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
icygrip has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
icygrip has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
will u adopt me i want new guns too. Your daughter is awesome to by the way
icygrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 PM #5
GeminiOFL

GeminiOFL is playing at Living Legends III
GeminiOFL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GeminiOFL supports Team VICIOUS
GeminiOFL is for the Gunfight
GeminiOFL supports Bob Gurnsey
GeminiOFL supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onuris View Post
Was out with my kids and girlfriend last week, stopped into one of the local paintball stores- just to look at picking up a GEO2 and a new pair of gloves. I should have know better. My 10 yr old daughter spotted a Nano50 on the wall and was checking it out with much enthusiasm. She started up a pitch on how it is the perfect size for her, and was pleading for me to buy it. I started telling her some of the drawbacks of .50 cal, does not shoot as far, etc., but she would hear none of it, reminded me that she does most of her evil work at closer ranges anyway. I asked her if she had $750 to buy it. She replied she would sell her PM9 and her silver Mini to pay for it if that is what it came to. I broke down and told her I would get it for her. Then my son and gf complained- he said I had already promised him a new ETEK, and she was drooling over a blue/purple EGO. So we walked out with 4 cases of .68 Evil, 2 cases of GI .50 paint, the Nano50 a Kingman Rapid50 loader and Crossfire SS 45/4500 to go with it for my daughter, urban digi-camo ETEK AM for my son, a thistle EGO SLS for my gf, Eclipse Gauntlet gloves, white/black Sly Profit goggles, deposit on a midnight GEO2 and $4500 less in my checking account for me.

So we went out to a local field this past weekend, and as I watched my daughter rip around the fields, I could tell how comfortable she was with her new marker. She is a bit small for her age, and yes indeed it did fit her just right, nice and light and compact. She was thrilled with it, the balls seemed to break well on her targets, she did not have even one single break in the gun all day, and eliminated more than her share of opponents. With her up close and personal style of play, the Nano worked great for her. I was playing against her several times through the day, and she shot me out a couple times. I will have to attest that I felt no difference in getting hit with the .50 as compared to .68, but after playing for 25 years I am fairly insusceptible to any pain from hits anyway. I tried the Nano myself for a bit, but did not like it, the ballistic properties of it were just inferior compared to .68. The thing was just way too tiny for my liking as well, did not fit me or feel right to me. Not a grown mans marker in my opinion.

So even though I have been completely opposed to the whole .50 cal format, I will now have to admit that it does have its place in paintball. Will I use it personally? No way. But watching how thrilled my daughter is with her new Nano I am glad that the format is here, and hope it is around long enough for my 7 yr old daughter to use it when she is old enough to play.
Let me know if you ever get a little curious..I wouldn't mind being your man slave if you bought me an SLS. >.>

MACDEV MILITIA
GeminiOFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 AM #6
pedrofb19
Sweet stroller ***

Annual Supporting Member
pedrofb19 plays in the PSP
pedrofb19 donated to help Peyton Trent
pedrofb19 plays in the APPA D3 division
You sound extremely gullable. I hope you are extremely wealthy.
pedrofb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:28 AM #7
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
is this thread serous? if it is, then why does your 10 year old have an 09 PMR and a mini?

if you wanna donate the money to the "help rob66 get a decent working gun" fund, then ask for my PP address in a PM
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:28 AM #8
Onuris
Oldskool Baller

Onuris owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by icygrip View Post
Your daughter is awesome to by the way
Yes she is, she is naturally gifted it seems as a paintball player and in karting, she has her own race team, U Go Girl Racing. My son is a very good karter as well, but a bit more laid back when it comes to paintball though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrofb19 View Post
You sound extremely gullable. I hope you are extremely wealthy.
Not gullible at all, she already sold the PM9 and the Mini seems to have a buyer as well, so she is living up to her end of the deal. My kids are willing to work for most of what they have. They have to help maintain relations with sponsors for their racing and such, as it costs about $200k a year for both of them to remain competitive in karting.

I spend a good amount on my gf, I do spoil her, but she does the same for me. I have had my eye on a new .45ACP carbine, a Kriss Super V, so she bought it for me.

I do not think that I am extremely wealthy, but I suppose that is a matter of interpretation. When my ex-wife and I got divorced, I got half of the business we owned, 25% up front, the rest in severance over 20 years. And I am the custodial parent of our 4 kids, so she pays me $4k a week in child support. And I have another business of my own that I started after the divorce, so I do well, am blessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob66 View Post
is this thread serous? if it is, then why does your 10 year old have an 09 PMR and a mini?
Yes, it is serious, why should she not have them? We are avid paintball players, go out at least a couple of times a month when the weather is decent. She also has a custom pink Hello Kitty Mini-

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...=#post67641446
Old 07-28-2010, 09:09 AM #9
Jams419
AKA - Jackal

Jams419 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Jams419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jams419 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
if your buyer for the mini backs out let me know. my girlfriend has a thing for hello kitty.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:35 AM #10
Teddymo
The Paintball Lawyer

Teddymo is playing at Living Legends III
Teddymo supports Bob Gurnsey
Hah thats sweet I hope my daughter (coming Oct 2010) likes to play.
/ X3 Magazine / Monster Energy Drinks / Papa-Do-Gi's - For All Your Catering Needs / On Target Paintball Field /
Under-Dogs
Teddymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:07 AM #11
bobalis
ROLO

has been a member for 10 years
bobalis supports our troops
bobalis has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Good to hear that .50 cal is working out for your daughter. I'm jealous of your entire family though, not one person in my entire family wants to go balling with me, in fact they all think I'm stupid and violent for enjoying this sport so much.
bobalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:27 AM #12
vs3 man ftw
Im Ginger :'(

vs3 man ftw helped look for balloons
vs3 man ftw is playing at Living Legends III
vs3 man ftw is playing at Living Legends V
vs3 man ftw supports Sherwood Forest
vs3 man ftw posts videos on PbNation
vs3 man ftw plays in the APPA D4 division
vs3 man ftw has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
damn you rich
Old 07-28-2010, 10:37 AM #13
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onuris View Post
so she pays me $4k a week in child support.
Dude, by normal standards, you are rich. $16K a month in child support? The cost to raise kids these days has gone up.

You know what they say....a family that plays pb together stays together!!
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 AM #14
GeminiOFL

GeminiOFL is playing at Living Legends III
GeminiOFL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GeminiOFL supports Team VICIOUS
GeminiOFL is for the Gunfight
GeminiOFL supports Bob Gurnsey
GeminiOFL supports Sherwood Forest
I think that's awesome that your whole family plays, I have my sisters boyfriend, myself and one of my nephews playing together and it's a blast.

MACDEV MILITIA
GeminiOFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:48 AM #15
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
Not a bad shopping list there!
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:08 PM #16
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I'm sure you're that shops new best customer after that purchase.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:42 PM #17
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
whats a PM9?
PANTS/JERSEYS
Packs
Masks
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM #18
EclipseEgo992
Spug is always right -.-

EclipseEgo992 supports Team VICIOUS
That shopping list looks like my wish list on ANSgear, all I do is go to it and dream
University of North Texas '14 |||Originally Posted By DSDM: "What you can't shoot 20BPS, man you are slow, when I was younger we used to shoot 22BPS with a pump and20 gram CO2 bottle, uphill in the snow, bare foot both ways, with the russians on our flank"
EclipseEgo992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:04 PM #19
Jams419
AKA - Jackal

Jams419 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Jams419 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jams419 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealInsomniac View Post
whats a PM9?
there really is no such thing as a PM9. some PMR owners have started calling the PMRs they bought in 09 a PM9. the Proto Matrix line was actually discontinued after the PM8.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:53 PM #20
Capt'n Crunch
Bonus Balled Toucan Sam

Can't say that I care much for .50cal but that was a great story and your a great dad, bravo!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:47 PM #21
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
.50cal = Yay for kids. I think it's great.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote