Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2013, 02:20 PM #1
fartmonster
 
 
fartmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago illinois
fartmonster owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fartmonster has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
fartmonster is attending Decay of Nations VII
How to convert over to .50 cal?

postem up I would like to save on paint!
fartmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2013, 04:10 PM #2
IgnoranceInABag
 
 
IgnoranceInABag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Annual Supporting Member
IgnoranceInABag plays in the PSP
IgnoranceInABag plays in the APPA D2 division
STEP 1: buy 50 cal marker
STEP 2: buy 50 cal loader
STEP 3: buy 50 cal paint
__________________
IgnoranceInABag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:52 AM #3
fartmonster
 
 
fartmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago illinois
fartmonster owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fartmonster has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
fartmonster is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnoranceInABag View Post
STEP 1: buy 50 cal marker
STEP 2: buy 50 cal loader
STEP 3: buy 50 cal paint
OK? how does step one help me convert my gun to shoot .50 cal? Step 2 can that be a conversion as well? Step 3 yeah I get it.
fartmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:41 AM #4
Horizon
 
 
Horizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by fartmonster View Post
OK? how does step one help me convert my gun to shoot .50 cal? Step 2 can that be a conversion as well? Step 3 yeah I get it.
Ahh, you didn't say you wanted to convert your gun. What kind of gun do you have?
Horizon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:14 PM #5
fartmonster
 
 
fartmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago illinois
fartmonster owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fartmonster has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
fartmonster is attending Decay of Nations VII
I have intimidators a mini and 2 marqs the title says how to convert over to .50 cal I assumed my bad
fartmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:49 PM #6
Horizon
 
 
Horizon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by fartmonster View Post
I have intimidators a mini and 2 marqs the title says how to convert over to .50 cal I assumed my bad
As far as I know, there are no conversion kits for any of those, so you are back to buying a new marker.
Horizon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:58 PM #7
quintler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
quintler owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
planet eclipse is the only maker of 50 cal conversion kits to my knowledge (is limited)
quintler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:12 PM #8
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintler View Post
planet eclipse is the only maker of 50 cal conversion kits to my knowledge (is limited)
And the conversion kits only work with Egos 7-11 and Eteks 2-4.
__________________
You may call it fat, I call it bounce padding.
Dynamic broke meter (relevant when adding when trading): I got paid yesterday
EΔRL
aresfiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:55 PM #9
dye3456
*561*
 
dye3456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boynton Beach ,Fl
Annual Supporting Member
dye3456 is BST Trusted
dye3456 is playing at Living Legends V
dye3456 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dye3456 supports Pev's Paintball
dye3456 is attending Decay of Nations VI
dye3456 supports DLX Technology
To the most of my knowledge only planet eclipse makes a conversion kit
dye3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:50 PM #10
PB Innovations
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
for field owners check out www.paintballinnovations.com
We have proto types for the intimidators, but our kits are not really designed for high rates of fire, more for the field owner looking for a solution to rental guns.
If you give Bob Long a call he can probably supply you with .50 caliber kits for the Marq. there are really more conversion kits available, just not widely known at this point.
I think you might see more at World Cup this year, but who knows...
__________________
Don
Paintball Innovations
50 caliber Solutions for the Field Owner
www.paintballinnovations.com
Looking for a New or Used Luxe-Shoot me a PM for Best Pricing!
www.dbspaintball.com
PB Innovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:19 AM #11
fartmonster
 
 
fartmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago illinois
fartmonster owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
fartmonster has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
fartmonster is attending Decay of Nations VII
Thank you all for the help looks like im back to square one
fartmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:39 AM #12
SilentBall55
 
 
SilentBall55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Innovations View Post
for field owners check out www.paintballinnovations.com
We have proto types for the intimidators, but our kits are not really designed for high rates of fire, more for the field owner looking for a solution to rental guns.
If you give Bob Long a call he can probably supply you with .50 caliber kits for the Marq. there are really more conversion kits available, just not widely known at this point.
I think you might see more at World Cup this year, but who knows...

Will you have a kit that does not protrude into the stock barrel but can use a proper .50 cal barrel with .50 cal Freak inserts?

Since you are innovating the .50 technology, a .50 cal Freak inserts and .50 conversions for other barrel brands would be a good idea. Give .68 owner a reason to buy a conversion kit.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:01 AM #13
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever
 
Pump Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Initially, there were going to be 50 caliber Freak sets. Can't seem to find them anymore, so if I had to guess, I'd be thinking that when KEE picked up the Smart Parts properties, the 50 Freak project died.

We were screwing around a bit with my 50-cal Stormer at the field this weekend. Really, it shot well, as it always has. Had a 10-year old shoot it (not a regular player) at some targets, and she was a better shot than any of the rest of us.

For what it's worth, picking up a 50-cal marker isn't going to be a gigantic expense. They're out there fairly cheap. But, be aware that the paint itself isn't that much cheaper than 68-cal.
__________________
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Pump Scout's Curator's Corner thread
Inception Designs

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:34 AM #14
PB Innovations
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55 View Post
Will you have a kit that does not protrude into the stock barrel but can use a proper .50 cal barrel with .50 cal Freak inserts?

Since you are innovating the .50 technology, a .50 cal Freak inserts and .50 conversions for other barrel brands would be a good idea. Give .68 owner a reason to buy a conversion kit.
More than likely no, We do not want to have to mess with patent licensing the breach conversion style kits. Our main focus at this time is for field owners as that seems to be where the demand is at. Our BBCS kits work well in this market as they do not need a high rate of fire, however we have done testing with the eXTCy and a couple of the high end guns with vision. With the right settings and a decent agitated hopper they work well.
But on a side note, keep an eye on our website as we have some other stuff in the works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
Initially, there were going to be 50 caliber Freak sets. Can't seem to find them anymore, so if I had to guess, I'd be thinking that when KEE picked up the Smart Parts properties, the 50 Freak project died.

We were screwing around a bit with my 50-cal Stormer at the field this weekend. Really, it shot well, as it always has. Had a 10-year old shoot it (not a regular player) at some targets, and she was a better shot than any of the rest of us.

For what it's worth, picking up a 50-cal marker isn't going to be a gigantic expense. They're out there fairly cheap. But, be aware that the paint itself isn't that much cheaper than 68-cal.
this is one of the issues facing .50 caliber form the 09 launch with the promise of lower cost. I do believe that at some point the 50 cal paint will come down, falls under the law of supply and demand..
__________________
Don
Paintball Innovations
50 caliber Solutions for the Field Owner
www.paintballinnovations.com
Looking for a New or Used Luxe-Shoot me a PM for Best Pricing!
www.dbspaintball.com
PB Innovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump