Who got Pictures of Woods-Ball Teams?
Pictures of all you Woods-Ball Gear!
Who is Down to Play Every-weekend?
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
I never got why people dedicate themselves to either woodsball or speedball. I enjoy both equally. They both have their individual traits.
The problem with woodsball is not all courses are created equal and there are fields with some really bad woodsball courses.

One field down here is like vietnam in that it is an entire field of palm trees. If you don't know, not all palm trees are tall, however they do all have huge ****ing fan leaves. So, it is is like a really thick jungle but there is no undergrowth. So, its more of an annoying maze than a field.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 PM #3
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
Not trying to be rude or offensive, but most woodsball teams (that I've seen locally) are a bunch of "tough guys" with their bone stock 98s and think that they are the greatest thing to ever step on a field. With that being said, I still enjoy playing woodsball. I don't really have any good pictures though, sorry.

Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 PM #4
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
You have a point, many woodsball teams are quite the group of elitist. They say they are open and just out for a good time but if you bring up joining them and don't have a ghilli suit and an A5 with 902,204,484 attachments that are purely aesthetic then they don't want anything to do with you.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:28 PM #5
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
You have a point, many woodsball teams are quite the group of elitist. They say they are open and just out for a good time but if you bring up joining them and don't have a ghilli suit and an A5 with 902,204,484 attachments that are purely aesthetic then they don't want anything to do with you.
most woodsball teams that i've had the enjoyment or meeting or playing with are more like families than anything else. Most woodsball teams share a lot of the same ideals as the old tournament teams.

Up here you will find a lot of woodsball teams throwing BBQ's, doing charity type events, etc.

I'm not the biggest fan of woodsball anymore but still enjoy playing it from time to time and especially at a big game or scenario alongside one of these teams as they know how to have a good time and make it fun for everyone around them as well.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:42 PM #6
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
most woodsball teams that i've had the enjoyment or meeting or playing with are more like families than anything else. Most woodsball teams share a lot of the same ideals as the old tournament teams.

Up here you will find a lot of woodsball teams throwing BBQ's, doing charity type events, etc.

I'm not the biggest fan of woodsball anymore but still enjoy playing it from time to time and especially at a big game or scenario alongside one of these teams as they know how to have a good time and make it fun for everyone around them as well.
I guess you could akin it to a family. While they get along with each other very well, and enjoy getting visitors from time to time. Trying to join a family is an entirely different and messy affair.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:02 AM #7
bulzeye

must not have read the last sentence. because most of these teams are willing to help anyone at just about any time as well as make paintball fun for whoever is around them.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM #8
rethalis

Quote:
must not have read the last sentence. because most of these teams are willing to help anyone at just about any time as well as make paintball fun for whoever is around them.
This has been my experience with the scenario team I'm a prospect for. While it there is a lengthly probation period it is in place So that only upstanding people with good morals and mannerisms on and off the field can wear that patch.
rethalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:48 PM #9
die.another.day

Personally i play both, and always will. Speedball gets to fast after a while, but somehow i always find myself back in snake 1 again
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:39 PM #10
Highway Pirate

Highway Pirate is playing at Living Legends V
Highway Pirate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Highway Pirate has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Highway Pirate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My team and I go by the slogan, "Bringing the PARTY back to paintball!" and our motto is FUN, TEAM, WIN!

Many of the teams in speedball are too uptight, scream at each other and are a bit full of themselves, individually and as a team. Woodsball teams and scenario teams are generally way more laid back and fun-loving. A weekend big game or scenario is an experience. Teams are BBQing and playing beer pong in their staging areas. Each staging area is a different tailgating scene and they all present a very cool inner look at the team and their individuals. Speedball is just stuffy. A staging area is a table and and a pile of empty boxes. From my experiences, theft is more prominent in speedball too.

I play both. But any day I would prefer to play woodsball/scenario.

WARHOUNDSPAINTBALL.COM

War Hounds Party Brigade-Bringing the PARTY back to paintball!
Highway Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 PM #11
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Pirate View Post
My team and I go by the slogan, "Bringing the PARTY back to paintball!" and our motto is FUN, TEAM, WIN!

Many of the teams in speedball are too uptight, scream at each other and are a bit full of themselves, individually and as a team. Woodsball teams and scenario teams are generally way more laid back and fun-loving. A weekend big game or scenario is an experience. Teams are BBQing and playing beer pong in their staging areas. Each staging area is a different tailgating scene and they all present a very cool inner look at the team and their individuals. Speedball is just stuffy. A staging area is a table and and a pile of empty boxes. From my experiences, theft is more prominent in speedball too.

I play both. But any day I would prefer to play woodsball/scenario.
A speedball team needs to be like any other team in a high impact sport. They've got to be pumped up and ready to crush the other teams or they won't make it. They will lose the tourney in their first in their mind then in reality.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:49 PM #12
bulzeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
A speedball team needs to be like any other team in a high impact sport. They've got to be pumped up and ready to crush the other teams or they won't make it. They will lose the tourney in their first in their mind then in reality.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 AM #13
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
[IMG]http://likegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/facepalm-gif-31.gif[IMG]
I don't think you quite understand what you're saying. I attempted to ignore you once, but its getting harder to assume those are just mental mistakes and that you aren't full on living in a fantasy world.