JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post
It may be beneficial to start at the D5 level. If it is available to you.
^^ I was going to post the same thing. Play D5 or even D6 if it is available, starting off against seasoned D4 teams could be very disheartening.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:07 AM #23
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman is playing at Living Legends VI
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
JohnSherman supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC001 View Post
^^ I was going to post the same thing. Play D5 or even D6 if it is available, starting off against seasoned D4 teams could be very disheartening.
I kind of disagree with these guys. If D5 tournaments in your area are significant cheaper than D4, then I'd say maybe play one to get the feel for the tournament routine. However, you aren't going to get anywhere if you are afraid to enter tournaments because you will get your *** kicked. Leagues keep adding new divisions for no other reason than to preserve the delicate sensibilities of the kids playing in them, and that is a losing strategy. All it does is lead to slower progression. What I'd recommend is that you forget about tournaments for the time being. Every dollar you spend on a D5 tournament is a dollar that could be better spent getting some practice time in against D4/3/2/1 teams.

Edit: I also think that you would be much better served by joining an existing team. You'll have experienced players around to help you, and someone else can worry about tournaments and sponsorships.

Last edited by JohnSherman : 01-27-2013 at 12:14 AM.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 AM #24
kyle4236
Ballin since 05

kyle4236 is BST Trusted
kyle4236 is playing at Living Legends VI
kyle4236 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kyle4236 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
kyle4236 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kyle4236 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
kyle4236 supports DLX Technology
I agree 100% on the leagues adding divisions comment. I believe it should go back to d3 being the max

N

Evolution
kyle4236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38 PM #25
FalconPunchKid
UNKOWN

Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
I kind of disagree with these guys. If D5 tournaments in your area are significant cheaper than D4, then I'd say maybe play one to get the feel for the tournament routine. However, you aren't going to get anywhere if you are afraid to enter tournaments because you will get your *** kicked. Leagues keep adding new divisions for no other reason than to preserve the delicate sensibilities of the kids playing in them, and that is a losing strategy. All it does is lead to slower progression. What I'd recommend is that you forget about tournaments for the time being. Every dollar you spend on a D5 tournament is a dollar that could be better spent getting some practice time in against D4/3/2/1 teams.

Edit: I also think that you would be much better served by joining an existing team. You'll have experienced players around to help you, and someone else can worry about tournaments and sponsorships.
I find it beneficial to wet your toes before jumping so to speak. I'm not saying play a whole season. I have seen that the league it's self and the refs tend to be a little easy and very helpful to the D5. Since it is for most of then there first tournament experience.
Granted d4 and d5 tend to be the same skill level due to the sandbagging issue at hand but none the less it's beneficial.

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is online now   Reply With Quote