Old 07-09-2013, 10:35 PM #1
mikefl
nice pants pants brahh

mikefl owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mikefl has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mikefl has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mikefl supports DLX Technology
tactical vest/scenario

i have a milsig mk3 and i want to use a tactical vest to put my mags and other gear but i dont know what kind i should get
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM #2
Mxg1072
Black Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
i have a milsig mk3 and i want to use a tactical vest to put my mags and other gear but i dont know what kind i should get

Get a Molle vest...Google search Condor..or Valken tactical vest.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:46 AM #3
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Why are you asking us? It's for you.

If you want something higher end, look into tactical name brands or look into military surplus vests as those are cheaper and if they're modular, you can add paintball-specific pouches to the vest to make it more affable to your needs.

Each brand has a different style of padding or straps or whatever. It's up to you to find out which kicks *** hardest.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

HOLY **** EMPIRE SNIPER FOR SALE - LNIB and only $360? Whaaa?

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 AM #4
Staticline

Annual Supporting Member
Staticline is playing at Living Legends V
Staticline owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Staticline has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Staticline is attending Decay of Nations VI
Don't knock a player that asks an intelligent question. Right now there is not alot out there for mag fed players except for "real world" manufacturers. Someone not familiar with tactical vests may not know where to search. It's much easier to ask players about their experiences than to buy a vest he may not like....and there are alot of vests out there.

Companies like FullClip, Condor and Blackhawk are good places to start. Personally, I would avoid RAP4 because they just don't last beyond 1-2 seasons. Most of us started off wearing surplus plate carriers which you can find just about everywhere. Since they are molle, any mag pouch will fit as well as radio pouches, etc.

Problem with vests, especially with chest rigs, is that they get hot. Your torso can't breathe and release body heat. I have found that the FullClip rack/rig works best. It's pricey but it has lasted 4 seasons and will probably last another 2-3. It's easy to get in/out of, it has room for a hydration bladder, and can be converted to a full vest if you purchase the front vest module.
Hellions Scenario Paintball Team, ODA 163
http://www.hellions.net/
Staticline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 AM #5
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
if possible go check out your local army navy store.

This way you will be able to see first hand what your options are and try some on to get a feel for what you want to fit you and your needs..

Take a mag with you so you can check the fit in the pouches, check for options like adjustable side straps and adjustable shoulders,duty belt,sling points (d-ring/s on shoulders,bladder pocket ,removable panels ect..

with a simple molle vest with nothing attached you can check mag pouches they carry to see what fits where and how it feels and carries your gear on you.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:06 PM #6
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticline View Post
Problem with vests, especially with chest rigs, is that they get hot. Your torso can't breathe and release body heat.
Absolutely agree. I have a tack molle vest that is great because of it's moduler design (molle straps everywhere) but it doesn't breath at all. Always very hot.

I just recently picked up one of the Dye vests and while it doesn't have quite as bit of Molle straps as the other vest (really wish it had molle straps up on the shoulders for a radio pouch) but it is a mesh design that breaths a whole lot better. Includes a pocket for a hydration pouch and, since I have the GTG vest, built in drop pouch for mags or pods, a really nice map/admin pouch and a spare utility pouch built in (but are not removable so if you want more modularity don't get the GTG vest and get the other items seperately if you want them). On the back I have a tank bag that holds up to a 100 ci 4500 tank and up to seven pods of paint. I added a twin double mag pouch (4 mags total) to the front for my DAM mags.

I ran the vest a couple times now and it's holding up well plus is MUCH cooler than my older vest (just played a scenario game in 100 degree weather...so it definately passed the keeping me cool test).

I'm pretty sure the Dye mag pouches will also fit the Dmags as I have a team mate that runs the same vest with those mags. Don't know what mags your running but if they resemble a M-4/M-16 style mag they should work.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 AM #7
r90t
Doc

r90t is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I don't play tactical often, but picked up the dye vest for ok dday. I agree the mesh helps with the heat, the built in camelbak pouch was a lifesaver and I was able to modify it for the given games. I am 6'1"/220 lbs and it for done with plenty of adjustment straps so my gear didn't bounce around. Love this vest.
ReplyScenario Ups