Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 08:02 PM #1030
Strange1130
FTW

has been a member for 10 years
Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
I've seen some ridiculous all out pocket square steeze lol like 2 times crazier than mine. I normally just do this

but yeah I also rarely wear pocket squares or even suits/blazers.

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2013, 08:20 PM #1031
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

Old 04-06-2013, 08:22 PM #1032
Strange1130
FTW

would rock these damir doma slip ons. need more work shoes.

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 04-06-2013, 09:00 PM #1033
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

been lookin for a dope plain black gothninja boot on the cheap (relatively)
Old 04-06-2013, 09:11 PM #1034
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

roomies sexy as **** mandolin i adopted as my own
Old 04-06-2013, 10:16 PM #1035
Parkrats V.2

Mandolin's always make me think of this song

Old 04-07-2013, 01:11 PM #1036
goodle11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkrats V.2 View Post
Mandolin's always make me think of this song

Circa Survive is an awesome band.
This is my favorite Circa Survive song.....

Last edited by goodle11 : 04-07-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:25 PM #1037
SUR3
bangbang

When I ordered by nudies I was surprised how cheap they were. Said $179 on nudie's site but when I added them to my cart the price was a little over $140. Shipping was $25 since they ship from Sweden or wherever the hell the company operates out of but total came to like $168 which is less than they are in stores.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM #1038
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

Not feeling a plain white pocket square with a white/pink shirt and a blue tie that's fo sho..

Match pocket squares with ties or don't bother as far as I'm concerned that **** just clashes
Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM #1039
Strange1130
FTW

match pocket square with ties? yeah cuz people wear white ties all the time (I do appreciate the critique in this specific case though. only other pocket square I have is pink -_-)

Old 04-07-2013, 10:35 PM #1040
Parkrats V.2

Last time I wore a suit was a year ago in April at my aunt's wedding, I walked my grandma down the aisle in her ceremony. My grandma just took me and my brother shopping at Burlington for cheap suits, this one is just some Kenneth Cole that was like $120 for the jacket and pants together. Not slim fit really but it was fine considering how skinny I am.

I just wore my pocket square folded a couple times with a point sticking up in the center, not too neatly though, I posted this last year after the wedding and I had and still have no knowledge of the proper square wear but I thought this looked alright. Also I threw that fat *** ~4 in tie out, it's not as bad with a jacket but it's long gone.

That suit really isn't too bad considering the price, I'll get it tailored ahead of time if I ever have to wear it again before I can afford/need a nicer suit.
The shoulders and sleeves are fine, just the jacket torso and pants could use some slimming/hemming but if I have that done and get a killer fit, the construction and design isn't really all that bad so it would be pretty acceptable, I just have no reason to wear it unless something comes up.

I think this is the suit I have. Kenneth Cole has a few different suits at the ~$80 jacket/$40 Pants price point. It's not really worth posting about, but that's my only experience with pocket squares.
http://shop.stagestores.com/catalog/...FYxaMgodR2kAaA

Last edited by Parkrats V.2 : 04-07-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:30 AM #1041
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

not sure about where you guys live but in Vancouver during sale seasons at Harry Rosen and holt renfrew here Boss and Zegna suits among others can be had for > $1000

excellent deals to be had when a few major sales are going on if you can justify spending it
Old 04-08-2013, 01:29 AM #1042
Strange1130
FTW

edit: better pic from last nite not sure whats going on with my sleeve tho

j crew x 3, ben sherman, brooks brothers, tie bar x2

Last edited by Strange1130 : 04-08-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM #1043
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange1130 View Post
match pocket square with ties? yeah cuz people wear white ties all the time (I do appreciate the critique in this specific case though. only other pocket square I have is pink -_-)
The white pocket square is fine. If in doubt, do a white pocket square with a straight edge showing. You can almost never go wrong with that.

The suit in that last post doesn't seem like a good fit. You already mentioned the sleeves issue but it's too tight as well which is why you're getting that X where it's buttoned.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:45 PM #1044
Strange1130
FTW

yeah, I know its fine. The shirt isn't ideal at all but whatever. And that's what I did just can't see it below the flower haha.

Eh, you could argue that if you're interested in the conservative, traditional fit which I absolutely am not. But the super mod-slim fit suit is becoming really popular, and a slight x in the chest is a necessary "evil" (is it evil? I dunno, I just subconsciously don't notice it because I love that fit. I'm sure the wall street guys are cringing though) to get the body as slim as that type of fit dictates. I mean, you'll see it on the cover of GQ, it's just a symptom. plus that picture was taken with flash and is really over saturated. I'll try to find a more normal one. The fit is extremely comfortable, although true it was the first time I ever wore it with the vest underneath. but I certainly do need to have the sleeves let out about an inch, I've been lazy about it.

here's a bit better of a shot where I looked like a clown, lapels sit flat even with the vest so im not too worried about slight x'ing, think I'll let the sleeves out like ~.75 inches, idk ill ask the tailor.

here's a couple more peeps from the event, it was a lot of fun even though I'm not up to date on Mad Men

Last edited by Strange1130 : 04-08-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:12 PM #1045
Cloud9
HOLLA!

Cloud9 supports DLX Technology
So is this thread all about like dapper clothes or what?

Working on some designs for a streetwear brand. Looking for some insight. Things like what're your favorite streetwear brands and why do they appeal to you?

Right now I'm making things that a couple of my homies and I would wear, but I just wanna try to appeal to more people. If y'all aren't about that, that's cool just disregard this comment.

Also if you're interested you can pm and critique some stuff for me later on, that'd be tight.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:15 PM #1046
Strange1130
FTW

naw b, any type of clothes.

my insight on starting a streetwear brand would be don't start a streetwear brand. That is if you're trying to make money. If you are just doing it to **** around then obviously go nuts.

I don't love most streetwear but I do love some stuff that has streetwear influences, i'll try to find some cool **** although its probably not what you're interested in. I think sphere or someone could tell you more about streetwear.

post up your ****.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:50 PM #1047
SUR3
bangbang

like strange said, don't do it. you won't make it big.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 PM #1048
Cloud9
HOLLA!

Thanks for the constructive replies. It was weird, don't really know what to expect when I post something serious to ST any more.

I mean I don't know if I'm trying to "make it big" I just got some small scale goals right now. Sell em personally maybe set up an online store, maybe test myself at some web design. Just kind of a project right now potentially make a few extra bucks. I mean I'm open to it growing and ideally it would develop into something bigger, but that's not where my goals are right now. Not trying to set myself up for failure.

Right now I don't have anything to show, I have like half a dozen half finished designs and a handful of rough logos. But if y'all are interested ill post some stuff when I get some stuff nice and pretty. Still not even set on a "brand" name, struggling.

For sure you should post up some stuff that you like, maybe ill get some inspiration. Again thanks for the responses guys.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:29 PM #1049
SUR3
bangbang

post up what you have right now.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 PM #1050
Cloud9
HOLLA!

Ight later homie, I'm at work in the parking lot posting from my phone. But when I get off ill show y'all some stuff.
Closed Thread