PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:50 PM #820
SUR3
bangbang

sunglasses are like that too in a way. this is one huge company that gets the licenses from brands like nike all the way to gucci or fendi or whatever.
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 PM #821
Strange1130
FTW

has been a member for 10 years
Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
yep that would be luxottica, they make probably 90% of the world's sunglasses.

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 PM #822
Chris-Craft

^^^y'all some 60 minutes watchin *** motha****as
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 PM #823
Chris-Craft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUR3 View Post
noice

i dying to cop a pair of light-wash nudies i found on asos
light wash is so in this season (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incobWTF View Post
thats not like prewash ever right? i'm diggin more and more the low(er) contrast fades from infrequent (rather than basically never) washing in cold
theyve seen the wash once before, yeah. they have some really nice verticle fading going on right meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange1130 View Post
I had arguably the best entry level job in my industry lined up before I graduated, and I make plenty of disposable income. As stated, this is a test. I'm not going to go buy 30 fake bottles next week.

And as for what is a real high-end perfume, **** like this:

[IMG ]http://images.bergdorfgoodman.com/ca/1/products/mx/BGC0X5Q_mx.jpg[/IMG]

[IM G]http://images.bergdorfgoodman.com/ca/1/products/mx/BGC14JV_mx.jpg[/IMG]

[IM G]http://images.bergdorfgoodman.com/ca/2/products/mx/BGC017Z_mx.jpg[/IMG]

[IM G]http://images.bergdorfgoodman.com/ca/1/products/mx/BGC0SB7_mx.jpg[/IMG]

When you say "upper end" you imply high price and quality. And while the price of a bottle cologne from a designer like Gucci or Chanel, ~$100, could be considered high when compared to a non-designer labeled product, a. it's not high relative to the price of other available options (see above), and b. not high quality. 90% of fragrances come from licensing agreements with ~5 mass-perfumers. So if you buy a bottle of Chanel perfume and a bottle of Louis Vuitton, its entirely possible that the fragrances were created by the same team of people. I deem the above true "upper end" fragrances because they have that price-point, and also that true individual, refined scent from an individual perfumer with a unique, distinct style. (That then opens up another entire discussion entirely about how you measure the "quality" of a fragrance, and how you weight the importance of the top middle and low notes, longevity, how well it turns the ladies on etc etc)

source: i once interned for a perfume company
preach
Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 PM #824
lightning fast
Diligentia, Vis, Celerita

lightning fast is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lightning fast is Legendary
Probably a rather dumb question, but does anybody have suggestions for summer suits? I'm currently interviewing for a job that would start in June and would require a suit every day. I often hear about linen suits for summer, but the people telling me that wear suits every day... not just in a business setting.

If I was indoors all day, I wouldn't care at all. But I'll be spending a lot of time outdoors and would like something that doesn't make me want to hang myself.

I want a chance to spit on somebody's baby. - Carthy, Detroit Strange
Old 03-20-2013, 11:00 PM #825
worrgames_slaya
PBN Support Tech

worrgames_slaya posts videos on PbNation
worrgames_slaya is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
i love this thread for the lulz
Old 03-20-2013, 11:00 PM #826
Parkrats V.2

Just look on GQs website for **** like that I'm sure they have like 874 articles about different suits for different times (seasons/occasions).

Most of the advice on there can be trusted, but I've read some lame **** on there too like one article saying to use a paper clip as a tie clip.

I mean do whatever you think is cool, but they have tons of articles about suits all the time, ranging from advice to just providing information like you're looking for.

Or even just google light weight suits for summer. Or better yet, go to a suit store and ask a professional suit salesman and have him plan to tailor it for you, if there's a nice place to buy suits around you this is the best option.

Last edited by Parkrats V.2 : 03-20-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 PM #827
Parkrats V.2

And yes this thread is hilarious, there's a reason it's one of the longest running threads on this board.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 PM #828
goodle11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkrats V.2 View Post
And yes this thread is hilarious, there's a reason it's one of the longest running threads on this board.
Parkrats V.1 R.I.P
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 PM #829
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

We already told you it was a temp ban numb nuts. I just haven't switched it on my computer

Old 03-21-2013, 12:43 AM #830
SUR3
bangbang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-Craft View Post
light wash is so in this season (9)

theyve seen the wash once before, yeah. they have some really nice verticle fading going on right meow

preach
i honestly don't give a **** about people's opinion on light washed jeans. my boy has a pair he occasionally wears and i just felt the impluse to get myself a pair too.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:21 AM #831
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange1130 View Post
I had arguably the best entry level job in my industry lined up before I graduated, and I make plenty of disposable income. As stated, this is a test. I'm not going to go buy 30 fake bottles next week.

And as for what is a real high-end perfume, **** like this:

When you say "upper end" you imply high price and quality. And while the price of a bottle cologne from a designer like Gucci or Chanel, ~$100, could be considered high when compared to a non-designer labeled product, a. it's not high relative to the price of other available options (see above), and b. not high quality. 90% of fragrances come from licensing agreements with ~5 mass-perfumers. So if you buy a bottle of Chanel perfume and a bottle of Louis Vuitton, its entirely possible that the fragrances were created by the same team of people. I deem the above true "upper end" fragrances because they have that price-point, and also that true individual, refined scent from an individual perfumer with a unique, distinct style. (That then opens up another entire discussion entirely about how you measure the "quality" of a fragrance, and how you weight the importance of the top middle and low notes, longevity, how well it turns the ladies on etc etc)

source: i once interned for a perfume company
Very rarely buy fragrances based on initial scent rather the potential for the lingering essence on clothes

I've tried a few of the boutique fragrances in the past but nothing ever tickled my fancy most I've tried almost seemed to me to be overly complicated

Current lineup consists of Armami Code, Mania, Lacoste White, Givenchy Play, Chanel blue

All fairly mild understated scents but have great lingering smell on clothes and jackets
Old 03-21-2013, 01:43 AM #832
goodle11

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkrats View Post
We already told you it was a temp ban numb nuts. I just haven't switched it on my computer
Quit being a lazy bum and change it faster next time. Welcome back Parkrats V.1
Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM #833
We sphure

Got that **** tailored.

I'm happy with it.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:51 PM #834
goodle11

Quote:
Originally Posted by We sphure View Post

Got that **** tailored.

I'm happy with it.
*** stains on the mirror?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 PM #835
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

don't you?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:03 PM #836
We sphure

I dunno, it's my girlfriends mirror.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:14 PM #837
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

o snp dawg she playin u
Old 03-21-2013, 07:33 PM #838
Strange1130
FTW

looks good dawg. would've slimmed up the legs below the knee a bit but thats just me.

rolled to brooks bros today and copped a polo in this dope light blue color, I love brooks polos the most because I think the lamb logo is the coolest haha. **** having a polo playing guy on you or some ****.

actually looks like the upper arms should be slimmed up too but that gets expensive

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 03-21-2013, 07:54 PM #839
We sphure

I can't slim the pants, my thighs are big (so is my entire legs and they are only getting larger) so they'd end up being too tight.

I paid $60 or something so I'm pretty happy.

Last edited by We sphure : 03-21-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 PM #840
Strange1130
FTW

i meant the lower leg, like near the shoe. but im just being picky. and good price.

Closed Thread