PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 PM #43
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

I know a couple barber shops there, they just aren't the greatest. Solid cuts but they don't use a straight razor like they do at this one I went to today, she didn't ask, it was just part of how it goes.

Also finally got my APCs to stack on my iron rangers how I like. Uncuffed them once and going to keep it this way because I like the stacks. None of my other jeans I've had before were really long enough to stack.

stacks

Last edited by parkrats : 01-16-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 02:31 PM #44
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Speaking of Iron Rangers, I thought mine were broken in nicely. Walked probably a mile in them the other day, they most certainly are not.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 PM #45
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

Yeah that happens. I always use mink oil, used a new kind and some saddle soap for the first time and that softened them up pretty noticeably. It's still my favorite cap toe boot out of anything I've seen, especially in black.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 AM #46
pbmink (Banned)

pbmink is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I love mink oil
Old 01-17-2013, 01:27 PM #47
earlsweatshirt (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmink View Post
I love mink oil
Old 01-17-2013, 01:43 PM #48
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkrats View Post
Yeah that happens. I always use mink oil, used a new kind and some saddle soap for the first time and that softened them up pretty noticeably. It's still my favorite cap toe boot out of anything I've seen, especially in black.
What kind?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM #49
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

Kiwi brand, should be pretty easy to find. Any kind will work really, just find something for smooth leather.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:33 PM #50
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

I think I'm going to move the bottom 3 buttons on my peacoat for a slimmer fit starting around mid torso. I've been looking at my coat and it looks like the cut will work with it. Also tried it on and pulled it tighter and the fabric doesn't do anything wonky. Looks really sleek. Will post pics when I finish.

Looking at it more, the way the jacket is cut the chest/shoulders are very structured as it is more of an overcoat style than a traditional peacoat and it just hangs from there. If I pull both sides in it doesn't effect symmetry because it's such a simple cut aside from the shoulder area and the bottom hem flares at in the front center on both sides to compensate for pulling it in too keep an even hem line. Going to do this when I find the time in the next few days, moving back to school tomorrow.

Last edited by parkrats : 01-17-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 PM #51
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

ive started buttoning only the top two buttons of my peacoat for asymmetrical gothninja gunslinger ****, was in my last fit pic doesn't show up well but looks pretty boss. Its also ideal when biking cause it covers my neck and doesn't restrict my legs

EDIT: technically three buttons with the inside one but yeah

Last edited by incobWTF : 01-17-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 PM #52
SUR3
bangbang

saw this dude today rocking an ann d hat, givenchy star studded tshirt, and some dope pants/boots (was ****ing with my phone so didn't catch a good glimpse of them). looked pimp
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 AM #53
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

Finished moving the bottom 3 buttons. It ended up being slightly asymmetrical but it looks good, most people probably won't even notice, not that I don't want them to, I think it looks dope it's just subtle. Especially when I only have those 3 buttoned too, which is usually how I wear it.

Biggest difference is in the distance between the middle and the pocket.

Didn't move any fabric so measurements only change when buttoned. Chest is still 22 across. Mid torso went from ~21.75 to 21 and the bottom hem went from 23.5 to 21.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:35 AM #54
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

On the topic of other things I did to my clothes recently as well. The vertical black stitch was already there from when I fixed the pocket, decided to add the horizontal line yesterday.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:53 AM #55
Chris-Craft

so i says to the guy, "AARDVARK?! Thats my wife!"
Old 01-18-2013, 10:36 AM #56
(!)ROBERTrhl(!)
What the ***?

(!)ROBERTrhl(!) helped look for balloons
OK. Time for some new jeans. I've been three years in my Rogue Territories and two in my unbranded. I saw a few posts of you guys hating on cheaper raw denim but I'm going to ask anyways.

APC Rescues

or

3Sixteens

Thoughts?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:10 PM #57
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

Both nice, take your pick. Those 3sixteens look like they're slimmer than Rescues.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:27 PM #58
Strange1130
FTW

has been a member for 10 years
Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
I hate rescues and would never wear them. The cut is so horrible IMO

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 01-18-2013, 06:39 PM #59
(!)ROBERTrhl(!)
What the ***?

(!)ROBERTrhl(!) helped look for balloons
I'm going with the 3sixteens. The 37" inseam is my main reason. Maybe I can finally wear my jeans where there supposed to be.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 PM #60
pbmink (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlsweatshirt View Post

Yep.
Mr mink Avvy
Old 01-20-2013, 01:58 PM #61
pbmink (Banned)

Finally am replacing my slim Jim's

On the left
Four years, a ice wash and two salt water washes
On the right,
The new pair.

Also bought a bunch of other **** in SF this weekend but I wear my slim Jim's 60% of the time.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:59 PM #62
pbmink (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by (!)ROBERTrhl(!) View Post
I'm going with the 3sixteens. The 37" inseam is my main reason. Maybe I can finally wear my jeans where there supposed to be.
Better option.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM #63
earlsweatshirt (Banned)

I need new jeans so badly. I'm down to 1 pair of levis and 1 pair of hollister that iv been switching off with.
Closed Thread