PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 PM #1
Rmilledge32

Rmilledge32 supports DLX Technology
Quick ? about the Closer!

How good are the BL Closer's compared to say an Etek3? I know nothing of the closer abdominal on my phone atm so searching is quite a pain since my phone is not so smart of a smart phone and doesn't bring my keyboard up when I try to search this specific thread.

Thanks!
Proud (Previous)Luxe 1.0 Owner: Dust Lime/Gloss Black #339 (Fully 2.0'd & Anodizing by LMG)
Rmilledge32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 PM #2
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

I love the marq platform and the closer is the last of the first gen. I seriously love the way they shoot and to even mention it with that PE gun is abhorring.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:13 PM #3
Rmilledge32

Lol... nice I cant find anything as far as upgrades in case anything ever went out on this thing though... that is my single biggest issue right now.
Proud (Previous)Luxe 1.0 Owner: Dust Lime/Gloss Black #339 (Fully 2.0'd & Anodizing by LMG)
Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM #4
blueshifty

Well on marqs there really isn't much to change. The stock engine is insanely smooth. The SC engine is amazingly efficient and still pretty dang smooth. It is everything about a spool and everything about a poppet I like. They have a snappy feel and are silky smooth.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:29 PM #5
Rmilledge32

Im more worried about something going bad on it... then not being able to find anything to fix it. Then it gets to sit in a box and look pretty... Seriously though.. its that much nicer than the DM7's and Etek's its a joke eh?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 PM #6
blueshifty

Eteks are loud and kicky... the marq is far from. It's a BL gun so you'll have support for it. They're not like PE, BLAST has great support for older guns. I just really enjoy the way they shoot.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 PM #7
Rmilledge32

Well thanks a lot man.... I'm pretty interested in this and honestly im down to either grabbing this closer or getting one of the new G5's but i dont think the G5 will be in the same atmosphere in smoothness from the sounds of their dump valve spool
Old 01-13-2013, 08:38 PM #8
Rmilledge32

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...864&highlight=

Should i trade my Etek 3 for that.... I'm thinking its a def. yes but i really dont wanna get the shaft on a gun that goes down constantly or leaks down the barrel all the time like i've read... guy says its never leaked. So idk im very indecisive about this lol
Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 PM #9
blueshifty

I would make that trade in a heartbeat.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM #10
Rmilledge32

Ok thanks man... i found some goodies from Kila PB as far as eyes, board, and detents if anything went down everything else id just get ahold of BL prolly. i really appreciate it man!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:06 PM #11
butternutvalley
OLD FART

Have to agree with blueshifty. Have had etek3 lt & ego's. Much prefer BL marq series myself. Had a closer and wish I never had sold it. Just got a rapper and love it. So smooth and quiet.

My PbN Feedback
butternutvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 PM #12
Rmilledge32

I'll be pretty stoked if i get it and everything works great on it... looks like all ill need is a nice barrel kit
Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 PM #13
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
look at these two closers and tell me youve seen better looking guns from the same time period

Closers shoot awesome. If you have the stock engine, grab a lurker spring for $10 shipped, the difference is worth well over $10. Even in stock form they shoot great. Not loud, not kicky and look great.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 PM #14
Rmilledge32

mhmmm indeed those are very sexy... not going to lie... i like them better than most the guns out there today! I do think ill eventually get custom anno work done or.. do it myself... been wanting to try my hand at it.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 PM #15
butternutvalley
OLD FART

Yup, ordered lurker spring for my rapper yesterday. Personally I prefer the stock engine.
Check out Caustic Customs Anodizing for anno - https://www.facebook.com/CausticCustoms
The Bob's

My PbN Feedback

Last edited by butternutvalley : 01-13-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 PM #16
Rmilledge32

Not gonna lie.. you guys are by far most hopefully folks ive found around in my time on here. I really appreciate all your insight and first hand experience/knowledge with all this.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:05 PM #17
THE MEANSTREAK
TEAM MEANSTREAK

THE MEANSTREAK owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE MEANSTREAK owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
THE MEANSTREAK supports Team VICIOUS
THE MEANSTREAK has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Only reason I like the Marq 6 better then the Closer is because I have really big hands. The way I hold my gun the snatch grip on the closer digs into my hand.

THE MEANSTREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:07 PM #18
butternutvalley
OLD FART

No problem, glad to help. Feel free to PM anytime with questions.
I would carefully research doing annoing yourself. I have and would never think of trying it now. Much easier and cheaper to have someone who knows what they are doing do it for you.

My PbN Feedback
Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 AM #19
Rmilledge32

We'll you see, I'm pretty proficient with CAD software and my brother is into cnc and milling and all that... so in the near future of 2-5 years he and I are thinking of starting our own company in all honesty. I would like to do everything in house, design,milling,anodizing, Ya know the works Lol wanna start small obviously and I have a bit of research to do. But hopefully in that time span I can come up with something great for mid end priced gun that performs like highend. I'm not real greedy so as long as we pay the bills and have a little savings building up, I'll be really happy keeping my prices down and keeping people happy.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:48 AM #20
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmilledge32 View Post
Ok thanks man... i found some goodies from Kila PB as far as eyes, board, and detents if anything went down everything else id just get ahold of BL prolly. i really appreciate it man!
No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEANSTREAK View Post
Only reason I like the Marq 6 better then the Closer is because I have really big hands. The way I hold my gun the snatch grip on the closer digs into my hand.
Dude, for the snatch to dig into your hands you'd have to be like king kong or something.

After coming from a clone (vx'd), I really didn't think I'd like a gun as much as it but the closer is that gun. The cycle feels so unique, the low rise feedneck is my favorite design ever and it is amazingly efficient SC'd. I just don't have much bad to say about the platform. With 4C eyes you'll shock your own dang self with how fast you can shoot in semi. I like the platform so much I picked up a marq 7 as my backup.