PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-13-2013, 04:03 PM #1
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

Noid vents, please confirm my suspicion

I'm running my 1.5 with a 2.0 core, Ninja reg around 5-600psi, manifold about 2 turns in, ft in, dwell at 16.

When I chrono the gun, I can reach the 270 to low 280's, but as soon as I turn the reg even 1/10th of a turn more the velocity jumps to 330-350 fps and air vents out the solenoid. Possible causes/suggestions? I'm thinking I'll check the reg components first and foremost. Any other ideas?

Last edited by Ty29 : 01-13-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Ty29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2013, 04:36 PM #2
Wastedslayer
Enjoying the Luxe-ry

Wastedslayer supports Bob Gurnsey
Wastedslayer plays in the APPA D4 division
Wastedslayer is attending Decay of Nations VII
Wastedslayer supports DLX Technology
Wouldn't hurt to service the reg and see if the problem persists. Might want to try a new reg seat just to be sure
Clear/Splash Luxe 1.0
Wastedslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:31 PM #3
specopsdeath2
ヽ༼ຈ

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Is this a 2.0?

If my suspicions are correct, then there was a bad batch of reg seats since people have been having this problem a lot recently.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:52 PM #4
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

It's a 1.5, 2.0 core. I really want to get in and check the reg seat regardless but I don't have a big enough allen.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 AM #5
guts
GoodBadImtheguywiththegun

guts owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
guts owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
guts has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hey

same problem, I sent mine to dlx and they said it was a screw that wasn't tighten up all the way ..... on the noid

well got it back and it started at 230, chrono to 290 and its still leaking... so don't send it to them

also tried a different reg and it still had the problem

9 - buy my gun!!
guts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 AM #6
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

You shouldn't have had to chrono from 230 to 290. They must have chono'd at 280-90 with their paint/insert.

What size insert are you running? And what tank pressure?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:33 AM #7
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
I'm not totally familiar with the LUXE reg but I suppose it's possible that under a certain amount of pressure the reg seats are deforming a bit and causing a pressure spike. This would also explain the noid venting. COuld be an oring deforming at higher pressure as well.

I would look at the regulator seat and see if anything looks out of whack. I'd swap out any orings that seal the high pressure(incoming) air from the outgoing air as well, just to be safe.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM #8
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

I'm gonna swap o-rings and check the seat Friday. Hope to god I don't need to pick up a new reg seat/piston because I need a working gun for some tryouts Saturday.

I guess it's worked for 2-3 cases as is right now so I have no worries. I did take out the ft and flush the manifold for kicks just to see the difference.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 PM #9
guts

well my black luxe is shooting just fine with my setup ... but my new(used) luxe with the same reg is still leaking from the noid, sorry for treadjacking

9 - buy my gun!!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM #10
shokertm

shokertm owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shokertm supports Team VICIOUS
shokertm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
shokertm supports DLX Technology
Im having the same exact problem, It's like the reg is creeping and then it starts venting out of the noid, Never had a problem till today.. Can someone really acually give some help?
It fired like more then a pod fine, then it just kinda stopped. Not the bolt just puffs and the noid the vents... What could be my problem?

GEARBAG SALE EVERYTHING PRICED TO SELL
shokertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:37 PM #11
Pr1m0
Givin' um the Switch

Annual Supporting Member
Pr1m0 plays in the PSP
Pr1m0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Pr1m0 supports DLX Technology
You guys need to clean out your reg. Check the oring between frame and body, make sure it well lubed and not destroyed. ACTUALLY look at your reg orings, make sure there is no dmg. Rebuild reg, check oring, lower it all the way down, and start to raise it and chrono and see where it gets you.

Has Anyone Seen My Nods?
Probably the only Active SF guy still competing in Paintball -__-
Pr1m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 AM #12
shokertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr1m0 View Post
You guys need to clean out your reg. Check the oring between frame and body, make sure it well lubed and not destroyed. ACTUALLY look at your reg orings, make sure there is no dmg. Rebuild reg, check oring, lower it all the way down, and start to raise it and chrono and see where it gets you.
Done it all multiple times.None of it helps, That reg is as spotless as it can get.(obviously sl33k is on the piston)

Old 01-21-2013, 02:57 AM #13
guts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty29 View Post
You shouldn't have had to chrono from 230 to 290. They must have chono'd at 280-90 with their paint/insert.

What size insert are you running? And what tank pressure?

691 and a crossfire lp tank ... 2 different luxes same reg, only one is have the problem ...

9 - buy my gun!!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:19 AM #14
shokertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by guts View Post
691 and a crossfire lp tank ... 2 different luxes same reg, only one is have the problem ...
Try switching out the bolts, if the problem is gone then it's the bolt. If the problem persists then switch the o ring that connects the upper to the lower. Doesn't make sense since it should affect reg creep, But sometimes markers act funny.

If that doesnt work switch out noids and but the "bad" one on the "working" marker to test, that till tell you specifically if its the noid. (though it really shouldn't..)

Old 01-22-2013, 01:32 PM #15
MstrKey

It's possible the noids are a bit out of spec. I'd swap them just to find out. Or it's also possible one has come loose.......or isn't quite fush on the manifold.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 PM #16
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
It's possible the noids are a bit out of spec. I'd swap them just to find out. Or it's also possible one has come loose.......or isn't quite fush on the manifold.
So tighten/check the screws.

I think mine is fine now. Cleaned out the reg, the bottom/seat was flush (not supposed to protrude is it?). I put the ft back in and the manifold is flush. Is it alright to adjust the manifold with the ft in? It may sound like a silly question, but after all of this I see how finicky the balance of settings can be.

I broke a few balls and that's no good. The manifold controls softness correct? Any adjustment I make on the manifold is affecting my velocity, is that supposed to happen?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:01 PM #17
shokertm

Quote:

I think mine is fine now. Cleaned out the reg, the bottom/seat was flush (not supposed to protrude is it?). I put the ft back in and the manifold is flush. Is it alright to adjust the manifold with the ft in? It may sound like a silly question, but after all of this I see how finicky the balance of settings can be.

I broke a few balls and that's no good. The manifold controls softness correct? Any adjustment I make on the manifold is affecting my velocity, is that supposed to happen?
The manifold controlls how fast the bolt travels foward, which could have broken a ball or two. Just turn it in 1.5-2 turns in. the manifold might make a small difference but no more than a small amount..

EDIT: the manifold changed the return, If your bolt is sprung take the FT back out, it doesn't work well with a sprung/polished

Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 PM #18
Ty29
Nor Mich raised

It's a 2.0 core, so it is sprung but not technically polished?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:53 PM #19
MstrKey

trubles

Quote:

The reg seat could be flush but still damaged. If so that would cause reg creep and the noid may vent the excess pressure. Usually you want a nice clean O in the reg seat. If the O is really wide or has other O patterns mixed in with it, there could be a problem. Any debris, grease, or roughness on the surface of the reg seat will also cause problems.

As for the other adjustments you should be able to run what everyone else is running IF.....you don't have air leaks. Air leaks cause consistency issues and could also break paint as well. That bolt needs to cycle 100% every shot.

It sounds as though your leaking has stopped which is good. If that's the case then you can try and fine tune from that point on. Tuning with a leak is pointless.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 PM #20
shokertm

Quote:
It's a 2.0 core, so it is sprung but not technically polished?
Correct, Thats the dlx factory polish, You'd notice if it was polished by say pooty

Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM #21
DanR
deutsch

Annual Supporting Member
DanR plays in the PSP
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR plays in the APPA D4 division
DanR supports DLX Technology
DanR supports Empire
i have very rarely had this problem in my luxes if it leaks from your noid when u turn up the velocity this means you are over pressurizing your noid subjecting it to >200 psi. in all the instances i have seen this happen raising the dwell has allowed me to adjust the reg to a more precise range for ex. 290-295 as well greater consistenciy and my void has stopped venting. id probably remove your ft and turn manifold to flush. these things slow the bolt speed and are awesome for tuning but should be implemented after the marker shoots without issues. The only times i have seen a issue like this is with loose manifold or solenoid mounting screws as... but these 2 issues usually result in drop of while shooting ropes or imminent leaks. Also either no SFT oring or a very bad sail oring could lead to a similar issue. i have never seen the issue because of a bad reg seat or sping. just my 2 cents pm me if you have questions about this post hope this helps out sorry for punctuation/grammar