Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 AM #1
SirShootsAlot69

ion internal hose issue! help!

Ok so i have been having this wierd problem with my ion. It airs up and works just fine if i don't set the whole bolt assembly and body and board on the trigger frame but when i push it down (as if i were going to put it back together) and put the screws in it starts leaking again (it is leaking from the back banjo). I bought a hose kit from Ansgear in hopes that one of the hoses was too short/damaged and it should be here wednesday. I have 2 questions. How the heck do i install the new hoses? The old ones were pretty well secured to the board by those little tiny screws that u have to remove with the tiny wrench. Not sure if it matters but this is on a virtue board.
SirShootsAlot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:42 AM #2
Manu#12
B-Eastside

Manu#12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Manu#12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Have a look at this site:

http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/ion..._solenoid.html
Manu#12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 PM #3
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirShootsAlot69 View Post
Ok so i have been having this wierd problem with my ion. It airs up and works just fine if i don't set the whole bolt assembly and body and board on the trigger frame but when i push it down (as if i were going to put it back together) and put the screws in it starts leaking again (it is leaking from the back banjo). I bought a hose kit from Ansgear in hopes that one of the hoses was too short/damaged and it should be here wednesday. I have 2 questions. How the heck do i install the new hoses? The old ones were pretty well secured to the board by those little tiny screws that u have to remove with the tiny wrench. Not sure if it matters but this is on a virtue board.
You don't remove the "screws" (barbs) to take off the hose. It's just a conical piece of metal that the hose is pushed over. Just pull on the hose or cut it odd with an xacto/pen knife (only cut it off if you are intending to replace that hose and not use it again) to remove the hose.

It sounds as though one of your hoses is too long (most likely the rear hose going from the solenoid's t-piece to the rear banjo) or the end of the hose (entering the rear banjo) isn't cut flat (perpendicular to the length of the hose).

Remember, the banjos seal best when the hoses have a small bit of tension on them (cut slightly shorter than the distance between the banjo and barb) or when the hoses are cut to the correct length. They do not seal properly if the hose is constantly being pushed in (i.e. hose is too long).
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM #4
SirShootsAlot69

Took 30 minutes but i finally got the barb off and replaced the damaged hose. Set the marker to 160 psi and aired up the marker and *thunk* i got that beautiful sound of the bolt coming forward! Thanks for the help guys!
SirShootsAlot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM #5
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirShootsAlot69 View Post
Took 30 minutes but i finally got the barb off and replaced the damaged hose. Set the marker to 160 psi and aired up the marker and *thunk* i got that beautiful sound of the bolt coming forward! Thanks for the help guys!
Glad to hear you got all your problems sorted out. Keep her clean and lubed up and she'll give you the time of your life.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote