Kr@zy K
昇龍拳!

Annual Supporting Member
Kr@zy K is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Kr@zy K supports Bob Gurnsey
Kr@zy K is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Question Weird velocity issues with two of my pumps

Hello all, I am having a strange problem with two of my pump guns and was wondering if any of you had any advice.

A few days ago, I received in the mail two new pump handles for my S6 direct from CCM. I took it out back to try them out and for some reason, the velocity was significantly lower than what it was just a few days before. I tried everything to get it to shoot right but nothing worked. While it was late in the day, and I told myself I would deal with it tomorrow, I was still in the mood to shoot the targets I had set up so I brought out my SM-1 which shot as straight and as strong as ever.

I woke up bright and early the next morning only to find that, somehow, my S6 and SM-1 had switched personalities. Now my S6 is shooting right again while my SM-1 is shooting at a very low velocity, no matter what I do to the reg or IVG. I have tried two different regs, two different ASA's (why not) and adjusted the IVG accordingly. Both regs are at a normal pressure.

When I bought the SM-1 from the original owner, he said that when he first got it, he had problems getting the gun to shoot above 220 or so FPS. He took it to his pro-shop and swapped out the stock main spring for a green Madman spring which solved the problem. I would assume that this was another problem related to the main spring on my SM-1 but since it also happened to my S6 just the day before I'm not sure what to think.

I do not have a valve tool to even look at my valve and I'm pretty sure my shop doesn't have one either. Could something possibly be wrong with my valve? I used the same tank on both markers, a 50/45 Empire born on 2/12 and it has only been filled 3 or 4 times. Since this problem of mine happened on both markers, could it possibly be something wrong with the tank? I've been scouring the net for hours trying to find a solution but to no avail. I've been playing for about 18 years now and have never come across this before.....I'm stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.
ThegrassisnevergreenerontheothersidesoIwillplayinthedirtandrocks.
Kr@zy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 AM #2
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

senghing27 plays in the PSP
senghing27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
senghing27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Couple questions. What were the velocities?
Barrel to paint match?

Changing just a pump handle shouldn't do that.

Also, make sure the IVG is about 3 turns in and the reg on your S6 is floating somewhere at 300-350 PSI.
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:27 AM #3
Kr@zy K
昇龍拳!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Couple questions. What were the velocities?
Barrel to paint match?

Changing just a pump handle shouldn't do that.

Also, make sure the IVG is about 3 turns in and the reg on your S6 is floating somewhere at 300-350 PSI.
Don't know the velocity as I do not currently have a chronograph, but it is a significant amount lower than what it should be. I can't even accurately aim at something 30 feet away. Barrel to paint match is perfect.

Also, It's my SM-1 that now has the problem, the S6 seemed to fix itself.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:03 PM #4
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

senghing27 plays in the PSP
senghing27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
senghing27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would grab a chrono and a reg tester.
Sit down and tune it out. Sure you could do it without the tools, but life would be so much easier with it.
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:01 AM #5
Kr@zy K
昇龍拳!

Annual Supporting Member
I don't need a chronograph, I've been around long enough I can pretty much guess the velocity. The velocity is significantly less than 150 fps. The velocity also doesn't seem to change no matter what I do to my reg or IVG.

and I have tested the regs as I said in my original post. The two different regs I used on the SM-1 was a V2 and a V3 CP reg, both operating at about 350 psi.

One theory I had was that my POPS ASA, for some reason, wasn't letting enough air into the gun, but alas I have proven that's not the case.

Anyone have any good ideas or a valve tool they wanna sell me? I think I have some extra CCM internals laying around here somewhere so maybe I'll swap those out and see if that works.