PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 AM #1
shoot2thrill101

Generals Cup April 13 - 14 looking for teams

Well for the Generals Cup game we are looking for teams to join the south we are alway looking for people. Our general Larry is a good dude he won 2011 Waynes World Grand finale. Its going to be an awesome time if your a player without a team we are always looking for people if interested PM me

Last edited by shoot2thrill101 : 01-15-2013 at 11:42 PM.
shoot2thrill101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 AM #2
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
The XMen
Team Unwanted
Adrenaline Mafia

will be playing for the South
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 PM #3
shoot2thrill101

Awesome trying to get a head count
Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 PM #4
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Wow. These are all Northern Teams.

The XMen
Team Unwanted
Adrenaline Mafia

I guess General Chester needs to do some heavy recruiting. The South last year had 60 more players than the North and I do know that they already have about 70 more players from the South supporting General Hill, which means that teams and players need to pre-register to secure the side of their choice because only those that pre-register by April 1st will be guaranteed the side of their choice. All others are subject to be in the side that needs players to balance the game to no more than 20% difference between the two teams. This rule applies to teams and teams that have pre-registered players and have chosen a side may have to switch sides to join non pre-registered teammates :-(

Last edited by FAT SOLJA : 01-13-2013 at 11:57 PM.
FAT SOLJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:38 PM #5
shoot2thrill101

Already good also wrecking crew i heard is deeeeeeeeep
Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 AM #6
[NA]WARLORD

I would like to add that Southside will have Mark Dorain, from Team UnWanted, the winner of the 2012 Grand Finale as well, so General Chester will be up against two experienced winning Generals from Grand Finales past.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 PM #7
Old Skool Melo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT SOLJA View Post
Wow. These are all Northern Teams.
that teams and players need to pre-register to secure the side of their choice because only those that pre-register by April 1st will be guaranteed the side of their choice. All others are subject to be in the side that needs players to balance the game to no more than 20% difference between the two teams. This rule applies to teams and teams that have pre-registered players and have chosen a side may have to switch sides to join non pre-registered teammates :-(
personalty i like that rule Rico: I've been to an event once that was also overstacked, i looked at the list of players and not only did they have more players on one side, but the side with less players also had all the walk-on's with rentals. IT TAKES ALL THE FUN OUT OF THE SPORT

https://www.facebook.com/orlandodoomtroopers
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 PM #8
shoot2thrill101

Awesome warlord an awesome time
Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 PM #9
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool Melo View Post
personalty i like that rule Rico: I've been to an event once that was also overstacked, i looked at the list of players and not only did they have more players on one side, but the side with less players also had all the walk-on's with rentals. IT TAKES ALL THE FUN OUT OF THE SPORT

https://www.facebook.com/orlandodoomtroopers
Exactly Melo. I want a to offer a fun even playing field. I also have been in games where there were 160 vs. 40 and for me it was fun because that meant I had more targets to shoot at being that I was on the light side but for others that were more involved in the missions and score keeping of the game was disappointing. The truth is that it will upset those that did not pre-registered but I have to think of the overall experience
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 PM #10
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool Melo View Post

If My team is selected to go to the side we didn't chose, when we pre-registered as a team and are forced to play against our friends, that may make us not want to return the following year. This is what allied teams do when we play these events, we back each other up when they ask us to be somewhere.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 AM #11
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
If My team is selected to go to the side we didn't chose, when we pre-registered as a team and are forced to play against our friends, that may make us not want to return the following year. This is what allied teams do when we play these events, we back each other up when they ask us to be somewhere.
The same rule is applied by Jackie at Wayne Dollack's events. The objective of this rule is to offer a fair game where both sides have a close number of participants.

It appears to me that your team may have never played a 37 vs. 165 game before. I did 2 years ago and while I enjoyed the extra targets, the majority of the 36 remaining players were complaining the entire event because they couldnt even get 30 feet from their base the entire weekend.

As a promoter, my objective is to provide a fair playing field that everyone can enjoy. If I were to put your team in that setting of you being on the short end of the stick, you would then state in a public forum that you will never attend another event because the game was totaly lopsided. It may be a no win situation for me with the newer teams that have little or no experience in playing other games in where they get to experience a lopsided game. We can never satisfy everyone, that I know, but I can honestly say that I try. Top Gun Production events participants will attest to the fact that our events are pure fun. We put a lot of effort in preparing them and we spend money in areas that others don't. We however, do not claim to have the perfect formula that will satisfy everyone. Pre-registration is an advantage for all the teams that wish to participate, we save our supporters money when they are able to do so. We hope that team leaders can organize their team members to pre-register and for that we have a separate method of pre-registration which is done by phone.

Hope to see you at the event.
Rick
Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM #12
[NA]WARLORD

Then basically, what your saying is even though you pre-reg for the game your not guaranteed to be on the side you applied for. I'll make sure to pass this on to the three teams attending.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM #13
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Quote:
Then basically, what your saying is even though you pre-reg for the game your not guaranteed to be on the side you applied for. I'll make sure to pass this on to the three teams attending.
Not at all. If you pre-register, you can select the side you want to play for. Again, pre-registered players will be able to play on the side of their choice. Those that wish to play together, teams, groups etc, are responsible in coordinating their pre-registration if they wish to be guaranteed to play for a specific side.

Lastly, we will always try to accommodate but we make no guarantees. We take no enjoyment in having to take this or any other type of approach to ensure the enjoyment of not a few but the majority. We realize the popularity of one of the Generals for this game and we are addressing what will likely become an issue. Once more, staying proactive because we want our participants to enjoy their weekend
Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 PM #14
[NA]WARLORD

Ok, I misunderstood this part then

Quote:
This rule applies to teams and teams that have pre-registered players and have chosen a side may have to switch sides to join non pre-registered teammates
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 PM #15
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Quote:
Ok, I misunderstood this part then
No problem. Hope you are getting ready for what will prove to be a phenomenal weekend
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 PM #16
[NA]WARLORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT SOLJA View Post
It appears to me that your team may have never played a 37 vs. 165 game before. I did 2 years ago and while I enjoyed the extra targets, the majority of the 36 remaining players were complaining the entire event because they couldnt even get 30 feet from their base the entire weekend.
Try a 4 vs 350 ish back in Apr/May of last year and could have won the entire game based on prop points alone. Resident Evil game, 3 factions - Umbrella Corp - 170 players, Zombies - 175 players and S.T.A.R.S. - 4. STARS played the two big teams against each other, the Zombie General tells the STARS they cant possibly win against the Zombies due to them taking all the missions. This made the STARS guys mad, so they allied with UCorp for most of the game. The leader of the STARS thought Wayne would get mad if turned in all the props for their team at the end of the game, so they gave them to the UmCorp to teach the Zombie general a lesson. Zombies had 1600 points based off missions and a couple of props, UmCorp had 900 mission points and approx 2200 in prop points. Had the STARS kept the props for themselves they would have beaten 350 guys with only 4 players and no mission points.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 PM #17
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Quote:
Try a 4 vs 350 ish back in Apr/May of last year and could have won the entire game based on prop points alone. Resident Evil game, 3 factions - Umbrella Corp - 170 players, Zombies - 175 players and S.T.A.R.S. - 4. STARS played the two big teams against each other, the Zombie General tells the STARS they cant possibly win against the Zombies due to them taking all the missions. This made the STARS guys mad, so they allied with UCorp for most of the game. The leader of the STARS thought Wayne would get mad if turned in all the props for their team at the end of the game, so they gave them to the UmCorp to teach the Zombie general a lesson. Zombies had 1600 points based off missions and a couple of props, UmCorp had 900 mission points and approx 2200 in prop points. Had the STARS kept the props for themselves they would have beaten 350 guys with only 4 players and no mission points.
Our games are structured with 2 factions. At our games, teams must travel equal distance to achieve missions. All missions earn both side an equal number of points. Equal number of props available on both sides of the field. The missions are not altered after the game has started. If a team is stuck in their base and can not advance into the field, there is no way that such team can earn enough points to make it a close score game, let a long a win.

I have seen and been in games where the one side got destroyed the entire weekend and somehow they pulled a win. There are game promoters that will come up with a way to earn the loosing side additional points to give them the win. At our games, the points are what they add up to. If it is a blowout it is a blowout. I will not structure a game or score it to give a loosing side a win.

Anyways, out of curiosity, which game did Wayne organize with 3 factions.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:18 AM #18
[NA]WARLORD

There have been many, but the only one I played was Resident Evil Apocalypse.

The game in February, St Valentines Day Massacre has 4 factions;

The G-Men
The Gangsters
The Irish
The Italians

This is only a day game, but it kicks off our year at Waynes World.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 PM #19
[NA]WARLORD

You mentioned props and missions, what about role players, like medics/spies and rocket launchers ?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 AM #20
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Quote:
There have been many, but the only one I played was Resident Evil Apocalypse.

The game in February, St Valentines Day Massacre has 4 factions;

The G-Men
The Gangsters
The Irish
The Italians

This is only a day game, but it kicks off our year at Waynes World.
Yes, I am going to try to make that game.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 AM #21
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Quote:
You mentioned props and missions, what about role players, like medics/spies and rocket launchers ?
The Generals Cup is a challenge for the Generals to organize the troops and score points as you would in any scenario game. Missions and Flag strong holds are combined to complete the challenge. We do not use medics because we allow auto re-spawn by simply stepping of the field and re-entering thru your base entry point. In addition, medics will slow the game progression and at times create tempers to flare when players are unaware of a medic assisting an already eliminated player. Rocket Launchers are allowed but all the rules will be posted in the www.generalscup.com website a week or two prior to the event.
ReplyScenario Ups