For this event we have brought in 3 different types of paint for players to choose from. We will have complimentary test paint of each available at registration. I strongly encourage teams to drop test the paint in the designated area to determine which paint will work best thru your guns.
How-to drop test: Grab approx 5 balls, hold them at shoulder height, and drop them on a hard surface. Count how many break and how many bounce.
Always take into consideration the temperatures outside.
- If it's cold, use a paint that bounces most during drop tests.
- If it's warmer and your gun won't chop it, choose a more brittle paint that breaks more during drop tests.
What I've seen thus far testing the 3 paints we have here for the event:
- Yellow Evil - most robust, least brittle. Best used for morning games and guns/loaders that are rough on paint.
- Gold Premium - 1/2 broke during drop tests.
- Orange Evil - 4 of 5 broke during drop tests. The most brittle of the 3 paints.
Remember to try and keep your paint warm between matches. Only take paint that you're going to shoot relatively soon. Otherwise leave it in our heated paint trailer or your car - but definitely out of the wind.
Good luck to all teams competing in the CPL this weekend. If you have any questions regarding paint, don't hesitate to ask...