Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-11-2013, 03:12 PM #1
GordonL

Disruptive Kit or Eigenbarrel?

I too have been waiting for the Disruptive Death Touch Barrel Kit (dust black) for some time now. I did get someone to answer the phone and they told me that they had the parts in stock but they have to update their website before I can order. That was several weeks ago.
So my question is, assuming the correct bore to paint match, is there any difference in performance for a 1 piece barrel vs a 2 piece barrel?
I am looking at the Eigenbarrel and I can buy several of their barrels instead of the Disruptive kit. I don't know if I want to wait for Disruptive because it seams like they are disorganized and have poor customer service, I'd rather give someone else my money.
So is there any difference btwn 1 pc vs 2?
GordonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:49 PM #2
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Disruptive's customer service is on point. For what it's worth, I know them personally, and if there happens to be any unexpected complications with your order, they will make it right. The only thing they appear to have difficulty with is updating their website. I suggest calling them. They're closed Sunday and Monday, I believe. You won't be disappointed.

As for the barrels themselves, the Eigenbarrel is a 1-piece that behaves like a 2-piece barrel because instead of having the same bore all the way through, its inner diameter steps up a certain ways into the barrel. I don't know how long the back portion of the Eigenbarrel is, though; someone else will need to give you that info.

I've used both regularly with no complaints. They're generously ported, so you get a nice quiet sound signature. Accuracy is as expected with good paint for either; they put your shots where you want them to go. I have to suggest the Disruptive though, simply because I prefer an actual 2-piece barrel for the interchangeability between length and bore size. And the ~8" backs makes for efficient air usage.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:27 PM #3
noodles4u

noodles4u owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noodles4u has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ordered my Death Touch Barrel last month. Of course, I just picked up a .682 and .686 bore, and they shipped them to me in a couple of days. Looking to snag a .678 when it becomes available..

PE Ego 9
Dangerous Power G3 Spec R
Smart Parts EOS
Spyder Imagine LED
noodles4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 AM #4
learningxp

Is death touch more quiet than the balanced? Or is there a difference?
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
learningxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 AM #5
Killer Carton
Give'm Welts

Annual Supporting Member
Killer Carton has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Killer Carton has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The Death Touch has a longer control bore then the Balance and consequently less porting so I would guess the Death Touch would be slightly louder then the Balance.

The Death Touch backs thread into the front where as the Balance front threads into the back.
Killer Carton is offline   Reply With Quote