Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-21-2013, 04:28 PM #64
amontoya

The core of Section 8 has been together since 2005-06. Sure we are a bunch of nobody drunks that will never be pro, but we have def smashed on every top team in the area before and always give teams a good fight, and thats ok with me. why? because we are all all friends and have fun playing together. plus we dgaf.

i guess this post really doesnt contribute anything usefull to the thread but it gave me a chance to plug myself and my boys. BOOM
amontoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2013, 04:36 PM #65
4x4 rider
Armageddon 2013

has been a member for 10 years
4x4 rider plays in the PSP
4x4 rider plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by amontoya View Post
The core of Section 8 has been together since 2005-06. Sure we are a bunch of nobody drunks that will never be pro, but we have def smashed on every top team in the area before and always give teams a good fight, and thats ok with me. why? because we are all all friends and have fun playing together. plus we dgaf.

i guess this post really doesnt contribute anything usefull to the thread but it gave me a chance to plug myself and my boys. BOOM
HAHA, love it. On the other hand though, you guys give good competition to everyone that plays at the local level, I believe if you guys did decide to take it nationally you would have a good chance doing well there too. But like you said, you play because your friends, and you DGAF. Alot of people in New England have the same aspect of thinking, with less drinking I'm sure, lol. There are only a couple teams in NE that are trying or have gone nationally, I can only name a couple, what needs to happen though is the 50 d4/5 teams in NE that play d4/5 year after year, need to step up and play at a higher division, it may be intimidating, but sometimes you have to do things that intimidate you, thats how you grow as a team, person, and player. For example, most teams at the lower levels tremble when they get matched up at roots against 187, section 8, NEAA, Gunfighters, but the reason why these teams tend to do better than others is because they have the mindset of IDGAF who I am playing against, we are going to play our ***** off and work to get better. I guess when you break it down it really breaks down to peoples upbringing as a child, the new age of everyone gets a trophy just for participating. A great man once said, "If you ain't first, your last!".
Josh DeYoung #01
NEAA 2014

NEAA-2011 foXball Champs!

Aftermath fan club member #80
UpTon 187 cRew fan club member #15

Last edited by 4x4 rider : 01-21-2013 at 04:41 PM.
4x4 rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 PM #66
krlafont

krlafont owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
krlafont has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by amontoya View Post

Wait, is this the same section 8 that has been around since the 90's? Like when Paul, Jay forge, and Silvio used to be on the team (before NE Express)?
krlafont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 PM #67
amontoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by krlafont View Post
Wait, is this the same section 8 that has been around since the 90's? Like when Paul, Jay forge, and Silvio used to be on the team (before NE Express)?
Yes
amontoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 AM #68
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
bmoney003 plays in the PSP
bmoney003 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 rider View Post
Well thats the difference, if you are truely passionate about it and want to play at a higher level, it doesn't matter what you have going on outside of the paintball realm, you will find a way to play, whether it be working multiple jobs, nights, weekends, etc. And I have been playing a TON of paintball since I started my relationship years ago with my wife, and I would never have stayed with her if she didn't support my dream/hobby/passion, but then again I am not going to give dating advice, thats for another time lol. People in general just lack ambition, drive, or willpower it is apparent in every sport, not just ours, it just so happens that their are less people interested in tournament paintball than other sports, especially in this area.
i dont agree with your statement. obviously I STILL think about paintball (im on this forum still) and miss it completly. there is noone more passionate about the game than me...and it killed me to get out of paintball when I finally made it to the highest level. It was just time. My family and career supercede paintball...if I were making money at the game then of course I could afford more sacrifice...but passion was not the reason for leaving. Losing seniority in my job by taking unpaid days off. missing my sons first year growing up (missing every weekend with him) and more importantly missing practices for job/family thus letting my team down are the major factors in my leaving. NOT money, NOT drive..so to say that is the reason is just a genrality.

the main reason there arent more high quality teams around....organization (ducks didnt have any so they are gone) and of course talent. If you arent winning in this game you dont continue to play. I was fortunate to NEVER be on a losing team from Armageddon to 187. I will almost guarantee if i wasnt on one of those teams i would not have made it to play more than a few seasons.

chew on that for a while
Old 01-22-2013, 11:16 AM #69
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
One could almost say that the Ducks became the 2010 Hurricanes. A large part of that roster was ex-Ducks.

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 AM #70
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
One could almost say that the Ducks became the 2010 Hurricanes. A large part of that roster was ex-Ducks.
true but they "disbanded" first them were absorbed by the canes...
Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 PM #71
4x4 rider
Armageddon 2013

Well my statement still applys, because, Bmoney, you succeed, you made it to the pro level. My statement is directed towards more the younger generation of players.
Josh DeYoung #01
NEAA 2014

Old 01-22-2013, 12:49 PM #72
arod11

arod11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
arod11 is an NCPA player
arod11 plays in the APPA D4 division
arod11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
you say its about drive i completly disagree with you. every team ive played with its come down to funds, opportunity, or that team being content where they are and thinking there hot stuff in there division because they win and win and win but dont ever move up.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:07 PM #73
NTran

Annual Supporting Member
NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
NTran owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NTran plays in the APPA D2 division
So you guys talking about individuals or teams now?
UpTon 187 cRew - #4, Coach/Manager
Fox 4 Paintball * Planet Eclipse * G.I. SPORTZ

PM me if you want to set up a TEAM Clinic or INDIVIDUAL Clinic with 187.
NTran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:16 PM #74
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

aren't teams made of individuals
Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 PM #75
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

Quote:
Well my statement still applys, because, Bmoney, you succeed, you made it to the pro level. My statement is directed towards more the younger generation of players.

gotcha
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM #76
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
Not to take anything away from BMoney, but it was/is the team that succeeded, not the individual.

It was the individual that put themselves in a position to be on that team. It is the individual that worked hard to keep himself on that team. It is the individual that sacrifices so much to be on the team. But it is the team that succeeds, not the individual.

As a point of reference - upTon 187 cRew took the Russian's to overtime with and without BMoney.

In the end it comes down to organization and money. Either one of those are missing and the best of players will go nowhere.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:00 PM #77
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
Not to take anything away from BMoney, but it was/is the team that succeeded, not the individual.

It was the individual that put themselves in a position to be on that team. It is the individual that worked hard to keep himself on that team. It is the individual that sacrifices so much to be on the team. But it is the team that succeeds, not the individual.

As a point of reference - upTon 187 cRew took the Russian's to overtime with and without BMoney.

In the end it comes down to organization and money. Either one of those are missing and the best of players will go nowhere.

completely agree Dave!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:14 PM #78
4x4 rider
Armageddon 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post

Agreed, I believe that's a huge deal with our team, I know we have the drive, I know we have the talent, and we have pretty good organization too, but as for funding, we are all broke lol. We have no backer, granted there are some people on the team that put a lot of money down for the team to practice more, buy more paint, get more gear, but that only goes so far, without a big backing we are going to struggle even more this season, which I'm willing to deal with and so is the rest of the team. But realistically, if we can't find the backing we will just be treading water. Also I believe a team starts with a group of like minded, strong willed individuals, and a good team will come from that.
Josh DeYoung #01
NEAA 2014

Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 AM #79
NTran

Annual Supporting Member
NTran plays in the PSP
Since we are kind just circling about I think is like to ask questions.

Josh:

What are you guys doing now a far as paintball goes?
What are your plans this year?

Last edited by NTran : 01-23-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM #80
raiderpaintball09

I'm really happy to see everyone contribute to this and getting everyone's perspective. In no way was this to encourage any arguing and im glad everyone stayed on topic and posted their opinions... who knows maybe things might get better now that people have seen this !
raiderpaintball09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 PM #81
4x4 rider
Armageddon 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTran View Post
Since we are kind just circling about I think is like to ask questions.

Josh:

What are you guys doing now a far as paintball goes?
What are your plans this year?
We have planned and are budgeting to play PSP: Chicago, MAO, and Cup. Also to gain seeding points for those events we are going to play the NEXL tournament series. As a team we are really striving this year to gain experience traveling and playing PSPs, so for next year we can hopefully be ready to play 4 events instead of 3 and totally cut out local tournaments.
Josh DeYoung #01
NEAA 2014

Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM #82
EMSGuy24
no

EMSGuy24 plays in the PSP
EMSGuy24 plays in the APPA D4 division
I will say Paintballers 4 Autism plan on MAO and Cup. Then next year play PSP. We will play minors also this year....
EMSGuy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 PM #83
NTran

Annual Supporting Member
NTran plays in the PSP
Quote:
We have planned and are budgeting to play PSP: Chicago, MAO, and Cup. Also to gain seeding points for those events we are going to play the NEXL tournament series. As a team we are really striving this year to gain experience traveling and playing PSPs, so for next year we can hopefully be ready to play 4 events instead of 3 and totally cut out local tournaments.
Are you guys having practices regularly also?

i'm asking because you said funding is what hurts you but you have plans to play 5 NEXLs and 3 PSPs. It sounds like funding isn't whats stopping you from competing.

For a team that is striving to be a top team, it seems like an expensive route to take if your goal for this year is to gain experience by playing PSPs.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:04 PM #84
4x4 rider
Armageddon 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTran View Post
Are you guys having practices regularly also?

i'm asking because you said funding is what hurts you but you have plans to play 5 NEXLs and 3 PSPs. It sounds like funding isn't whats stopping you from competing.

For a team that is striving to be a top team, it seems like an expensive route to take if your goal for this year is to gain experience by playing PSPs.
We are not practicing regularly yet, we will be in the next month or so. Honestly, I personally, have tried to figure out the cheapest\best way for us to get better quicker, and be able to play atleast 4 of the PSPs by next season, and there is no cheaper way to do it from what I see, we are definitely open to suggestions. If you have any please PM me or hit me up on Facebook and we can brainstorm. We are really looking to take it to the next level, and give this region another nationally competitive team, but it's been a long bumpy road so far, and it just seems to get worse lol
Josh DeYoung #01
NEAA 2014

ReplyRegional Ups