PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-18-2013, 09:45 PM #1
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

A4 in rough shape... help?

Hello APS,

I bought an A4 in basically parts shape more or less for the frame. I wanted to put it on my 'cocker, but after getting the gun, I realize that using an A4 frame is going to be kind of a PITA. I found an older model vert frame already modded for my uses that I'm contemplating.

I took the marker apart, and it's missing a button, the breach seal, HPR, battery is probably toast oh and the ram won't move. I didn't really have high hopes for it when I got it, but I didn't realize it was this rough.

What are my options?

Thank you for the help!
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2013, 11:40 AM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
Your two options are dump the cash necessary to get it back into working condition, or part it out.

If the ram won't move, even if you cycle it manually outside the gun, then you may be better off parting it, as the ram is a bit expensive to replace (unless you can snag one cheap in somebody else's partout ). Budget at least 50 for the ram. New battery would run you around 50 bucks, or you could snag a Virtue board for $68.50. Any reg can be used on the gun, so you can just try to snag a cheap one. I'd budget at least 30 bucks, even used. Breech seal and button, 10, maybe 15 bucks combined. Add it all up. Patched up in working condition you're probably looking at 200 bucks in resale value. If you don't have much invested in the gun already, personally or financially, it may not be worth the trouble.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:33 PM #3
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Forgot that the board is toast too... Thinking a part out is best.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:30 PM #4
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
Forgot that the board is toast too... Thinking a part out is best.
I usually say noooooooo.....fix it....But this one sounds like a hole in the ground that things disappear into, namely your money.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:49 PM #5
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Well someone PMd me about it saying they have working internals so this body might be saved yet.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:53 PM #6
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

If you can piece it together cheap enough it can be worth it, just make sure you don't sink more into than you'll ever get back out (unless it's just a project that you're willing to undertake for the fun of it).
Old 10-19-2013, 09:06 PM #7
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Thinking the other way actually, he seems to want it.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:11 PM #8
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Ahhh, gotcha. I suppose that works out too. Everybody wins.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:25 PM #9
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Considering I basically bought the thing for the frame and he may have one yes everyone wins

I don't know enough about angels to make this my first angel to shoot. I'd like to pick up like a space framed G7 at some point as I'm a huge fan of 90s... or an A1 or SB.