Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 PM #1
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
How is adventure beach paintball?

Going to be staying with my relatives in myrtle beach sometime in late January to February and am thinking about heading out there.

1. When is the best day to go? Saturday or Sunday?
2. Do birthdays play by themselves or do they try to integrate them into walk-on players?
3. What is the normal turn-out during this time? 20 people? 30 people? Nobody?
4. How is the paint? Will we be throwing rocks at each other or does it break and shoot decent? It is $50 a case, right?
5. What type of games go on? Do they slice up the woodsball field and play on small chunks or is there often enough people to go from one end to the other?
6. Do they serve lunch? If so how much? Is it edible or should I pack a lunch?

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 AM #2
kethdredd

Can't speak to many of your questions since I only went there one time this past summer.
4. Paint was fine, I really don't remember the brand
5. They have some of the best courses that I have ever played at, really cool layouts. I believe they have a speedball field that wasn't set up at the time.
6. Yes, hotdogs on the grill, chips, and a cookie. Decent enough.

I thought the place was a great place to play paintball, when I went there were only a few people there so I don't know much about the crowd that plays there. I do know they do scenarios there several times a year.
kethdredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:32 PM #3
Enfamous13

Annual Supporting Member
I've been there for their scenarios and had a great time. Next one is Feb 23-24 and I plan on being there.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:59 PM #4
Riot mad cow
Milkshake

Riot mad cow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Riot mad cow owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Riot mad cow has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Riot mad cow supports Empire
Kevin Shimwell has a great field...I live to far way for rec days but love to get there for his scenarios as well.
http://www.adventurebeachscenariopaintball.com

I hope some of my friends from there answer your questions P.C. I have many friends on the fields sponsored teams....if not, try looking Kevin up on FB and maybe he can help you...Like Erin above said, we will be there for the upcoming game and play another great ABP scenario!
I Mooo faces
Riot mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 PM #5
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfamous13 View Post
I've been there for their scenarios and had a great time. Next one is Feb 23-24 and I plan on being there.
That is the most common answer. Most only seem to know it from being at the scenario and I'm looking for details on of how a walk-on's experience is going to be.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:38 PM #6
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
67 views on this thread and only 3 replies? All 3 of which seem to only go for the scenarios. Does nobody play there?
Old 01-13-2013, 07:58 AM #7
Riot mad cow
Milkshake

Riot mad cow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Riot mad cow owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Riot mad cow has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Riot mad cow supports Empire
Most Rec ball players do not use PBN or other paintball forums, they favor Facebook. ABP is the only field in the Myrtle Beach area....I am sure Kevin gets a good crowd every weekend. Me & Enfamous live 5 hours away...we are just trying to get the thread rolling. You cannot expect a quick response on every thread, did you check the link out I posted?
I Mooo faces
Riot mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 AM #8
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Yes, I have combed over the adventure beach website and couldn't find anything about paint prices or paint brands they sell. They aren't going to post up how many to expect because you can't predict that.

One thing did bother me, it was in the rules:
Quote:
6. Eliminations: NOTE: THESE A GENERAL RECREATION PLAY ELIMINATIONS ONLY AND DO NOT APPLY TO TOURNAMENTS OR SCENARIO EVENTS. (TOURNAMENTS OR SCENARIO EVENTS RULES ARE POSTED SEPERATLY) Any player who is marked (quarter size spot) with paint from a paintball (on or above the knees or on or above the elbows) will be eliminated. Hits on the lower legs, lower arms, or the marker are not considered eliminations. The accumulation of paint splatter to the size of a quarter, is sufficient for an elimination. In the event that a paintball does not break upon impact, or does not leave an adequate marking of paint, the player is not considered eliminated. Eliminated players should exit the field immediately, with the barrel plug in place, and the marker held above the players head.
So, equipment hits don't count? That is really strange. They are the first field I've ever come across in awhile that doesn't support "hit anywhere and it breaks, you're out" because if that is the case you'll often have problems with overshooting.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-13-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 AM #9
spankyspankworth
R.I.P. Taylor

Annual Supporting Member
spankyspankworth supports Team VICIOUS
my field in columbia does that for the rec players. it's stupid, i know. i guess they just do that to get them to shoot more paint.

i went to a cfoa at adventure beach this summer. it's not quite what it used to be with the new owner, but it's not a bad time by any means. go check it out, i doubt you'll be disapointed.
spankyspankworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 AM #10
joeimpulse
EKK ELITE SOLDIER

joeimpulse is playing at Living Legends III
joeimpulse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
joeimpulse supports Team VICIOUS
they have a phone number.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:24 AM #11
Grazi07
Armada

Grazi07 supports DLX Technology
Paint is usually either Draxxus or GI, depending on what's in stock. There's usually a couple different grades to choose from.

As far as best days to go, its usually pretty even between saturday/sunday. Call ahead though.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM #12
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeimpulse View Post
they have a phone number.
I keep getting an old lady who gives me little information(I don't think she's so ever much as fired a paintball gun) and keeps trying to get me to go to the scenario game or book a group outing.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 AM #13
DocOnTheWay
He's only Mostly Dead...

DocOnTheWay donated to help Peyton Trent
DocOnTheWay supports our troops
That "old lady" is either the owner's mother or wife...who both work at the store and make a very serious effort to make sure the players are taken care of. I can say this because of my repeated visits to this field (3 hours away) after visiting it to see for myself. I suggest you do the same at this point, as you seem to have a number of criticisms for a field you haven't even visited yet.

Member- SPBTV paintball camera crew.

www.youtube.com/docontheway

http://scenariopaintballtv.blogspot.com/
DocOnTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 AM #14
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocOnTheWay View Post
That "old lady" is either the owner's mother or wife...who both work at the store and make a very serious effort to make sure the players are taken care of. I can say this because of my repeated visits to this field (3 hours away) after visiting it to see for myself. I suggest you do the same at this point, as you seem to have a number of criticisms for a field you haven't even visited yet.
Don't get me wrong, she tried to be as helpful as she can. Told me about prices, and tried to make a prediction on showing. However, there is only so much you can do when you don't know the information. Asking her how well the games play out when you only have the showing that rec play has is beyond her experience.
She did encourage me to go to the scenario game, which should have something like 300-500 people, however it is $70 to play verses $25 to play a walk on.
While it would be nice to play the entire game, I have epilepsy, so I can't drive myself. So, my grandmother(who is 72) would have to take me out at 7am then pick me up at 10pm, then the next day(which she normally goes to church) take me out at 7 and pick me up at 3pm.
I can't really ask my grandmother if it would be okay and expect a proper response. She is a very nice lady and would go out of her way to help anyone, however picking me up that late may(or may not) put a strain on her even though I would never hear a word of protest. So, I've got to decide whether it would be hard for her to take me. I don't think she would mind, however she never complains so it's hard for me to judge how she feels about staying up late.

Then there is my gun(timmy) which is a project gun which I haven't even gotten working yet.

So, I suppose I'm using the lady at the front desk to project my frustration at unable to decide which is the better option.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:18 PM #15
DocOnTheWay
He's only Mostly Dead...

I see...this brings a lot more things to light. Clearly, there are some logistical issues that you may have to work out, but all you can do on forums like these is ask and see if anyone's driving your way, or even if they have some equipment you can rock and roll with. You never know who might pop up to help. Scenarios bring people together in very cool ways, which is probably why people want you to visit one.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM #16
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocOnTheWay View Post
I see...this brings a lot more things to light. Clearly, there are some logistical issues that you may have to work out, but all you can do on forums like these is ask and see if anyone's driving your way, or even if they have some equipment you can rock and roll with. You never know who might pop up to help. Scenarios bring people together in very cool ways, which is probably why people want you to visit one.
I think I found your youtube channel

I did a youtube search of "adventure beach paintball" and your screenname was in one of the first few results.

http://www.youtube.com/user/docontheway?feature=watch

EDIT: I just noticed it was in your sig.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 01-15-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:13 PM #17
J-Mac10
Team Fracture

J-Mac10 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
J-Mac10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
They usualy have a decent turnout for rec play. With it being 'off season', it's probably hard to predict. Your best bet it to try it. I would def go on saturday instead of sunday. The refs there do a good job of splitting up teams and mixing up games(respawn, attack/defend, etc) The paint is usually good as well.
J-Mac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM #18
DocOnTheWay
He's only Mostly Dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
I think I found your youtube channel

I did a youtube search of "adventure beach paintball" and your screenname was in one of the first few results.

http://www.youtube.com/user/docontheway?feature=watch

EDIT: I just noticed it was in your sig.
Ah, well you'll at least have some idea of the field when you watch the (shaky) video. I literally save my spare change to play at these things, so I make absolutely sure that it's a good place to be wherever I go. I hope you catch a break and make it for a skirmish.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 PM #19
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
If I do go to the scenario on the feb 23rd are you going to be there?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 PM #20
J-Mac10
Team Fracture

J-Mac10 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
J-Mac10 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Of course Doc will be there. He has to follow me around getting footage to make his videos more awesome. Nice job on the Spatacus vid, btw Doc.
J-Mac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM #21
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Well, if I do manage to get out there will you guys meet up with me and we can play together. I've been playing 8 years and I've got good equipment, so you don't have to worry about me slowing you down.
ReplyRegional Ups