Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
No matter where Norv ends up, that offense will be dumb nice.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 01-11-2013, 06:46 AM #65
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
No matter where Norv ends up, that offense will be dumb nice.
Here's hoping we fire Musgrave.

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 01-11-2013, 07:34 AM #66
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nah 85 View Post
My original post before I edited was about Whiz getting a second interview and likely to be the coach, then I saw it ended up not being him, wonder why.
yea i thought he was a sure thing at this point and chud strait came out of no where. my top choice at that point was Marc Trestman. i don't think a well accomplished coach would do well here and would rather have a guy that has some sort of HC experience that has something to prove (trestman, lovie, whiz to a much lesser extent(i mean he does have an Owl)).

i am alright with the hire, especially if it brings in Norv as OC. i am just very nervous about what will happen with our defense.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 AM #67
RamapoLax
Batmanchu!

Although the chances of it happening are slim to none, I would cream myself if the Giants axed Gilbride and picked up Norv.

"Happiness never decreases from being shared."
Old 01-11-2013, 08:06 AM #68
MutR.
Shut up.

MutR. helped look for balloons
MutR. posts videos on PbNation
MutR. is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Lomas Brown just actually said San Fran is a good landing spot for Tim Tebow, since the Jags are passing on him.

Guy needs to shut the **** up right now! Do not want Tebow. Dont even want him in Oakland. He needs to stay far far away from the bay area.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:11 AM #69
Lou Dogg
Prepare to die

Lou Dogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Harbaugh wont let it happen. Don't worry.

Big_Dangerous: "Has anyone here ever let a chick **** them with a strapon?"
Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 AM #70
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

tebow just needs to join the priesthood and go away forever.

or he needs to turn to drugs, alcohol and *****es so he can be cool and we can love him again.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:08 AM #71
JJags32MJD
DTWD

Or stop being a little ***** and change positions already. If not we'll be seeing him try out for the Saskatchewan rough riders in a couple years.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 AM #72
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
what makes people think he will be any good at any other position? he's not really a great athlete by NFL standards, and who knows if he can catch? Can he take a hand off?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 AM #73
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

im sure he could take a hand off (or learn to in an offseason) and we know he can run. just try him at h-back, its not like you have a ton to lose. he isn't exactly a high priced commodity. he reminds me of hillis before he feel apart from injuries/being a cockbag

i would say he is a pretty damn good athlete and he is definitely athletic enough to play in the NFL. he just cannot throw the damn ball

Last edited by imhungry : 01-11-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM #74
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
and we know he can run.
uh...we do? running as a QB is MUCH different that running as an RB. The only reason he is able to run as a QB is because the defense has to cover the receivers at the same time, so there is more space. When he does run, he's running into open space, not into traffic like an RB. When he does run, he displays absolutely zero moves, nor great speed. He might have been able to run over the occasional undersized college linebacker, but in the NFL? Nope.

Why does he remind you of hillis? Just because he's white and big? Hillis runs (well ran, he's had like one good year) with a lot more power than Tebow. And again, one good year for Hillis.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 01-11-2013, 10:27 AM #75
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

no one was on the recievers when tebow was QB, they stacked the living hell out of the box. when he did run it he could steam roll guys. he had 660 yrds off 122 carries last year when every single defense he played against stacked the living hell out of the box because they knew he could not pass...that is pretty decent.

again, you do not really lose anything from giving him a shot. if it works it works, if it doesnt you cut him. he is cheap as hell.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:31 AM #76
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

PeYToN-SS is a Supporting Member
The problem with Tebow at h-back is that you could get someone that's been playing that position their whole career and won't come with the media circus that Tebow would bring.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 AM #77
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeYToN-SS View Post
The problem with Tebow at h-back is that you could get someone that's been playing that position their whole career and won't come with the media circus that Tebow would bring.
there is that

jets already have him, their run game isnt exactly amazing and if there a team that has NOTHING to lose its them. might as well try it, they already ate the media disaster.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 AM #78
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
no one was on the recievers when tebow was QB, they stacked the living hell out of the box. when he did run it he could steam roll guys. he had 660 yrds off 122 carries last year when every single defense he played against stacked the living hell out of the box because they knew he could not pass...that is pretty decent.

again, you do not really lose anything from giving him a shot. if it works it works, if it doesnt you cut him. he is cheap as hell.
the box isn't stacked on him, its stacked on the RB. They put 8 in the box, yes, but when he runs against 8 in the box he doesn't get many yards. When he gets a good run its after those guys have dropped out of the box and moved downfield to cover the WRs. I haven't seen him steamrolling anyone.

Also, he is cheap, but so is every other short yardage back, which is all he really is. And like Peyton said, you get a huge circus around your team when you bring in tebow.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 AM #79
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

hey im just playing devil's advocate. i wouldnt give the dude a chance but if a team is willing to eat the media crappola (which i honestly think will be a shadow of what it was with NY) i could see why a team would do it.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:41 AM #80
JJags32MJD
DTWD

I'd see him being more a TE than an h-back.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 AM #81
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

it would be a shadow now, because I think now everyone knows he sucks. when he first got to NY it seemed like it was 50/50 between people who thought he sucked and people who thought he could play. add into that the fact that their regular QB is total ****, and then multiply that by 10 for the NY media market and you have a ****ing disaster which I called the second the Jets signed him. And oh how wonderful it has been to watch this train wreck that is the jets.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 01-11-2013, 10:45 AM #82
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJags32MJD View Post
I'd see him being more a TE than an h-back.
i would think he is better suited for that but no one knows if he can catch a ball. no one wants a strait blocking TE either.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 AM #83
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

changing his position has a very very slim chance of working, IMO. He's not athletic enough to rely on pure talent during the transition. He has always been a QB, where you never block, you don't run routes, you don't take handoffs, you don't catch the ball in traffic, etc. He has to learn all that stuff from scratch, basically. A team would have to spend years trying to develop him and for what? A 6'3'' 250 pound TE that is sorta fast? Those aren't all that hard to find and they already know what they are doing. I see when you take a guy like an Antonio Gates and try to teach him the ropes because he's a great athlete. I see taking like a Terrelle Pryor or someone like him and trying to make him a WR since a 6'6'' guy with grey speed does not come around too often, but Tebow is not that type of athlete, IMO. Plus those position change projects do fail, often.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 AM #84
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Quote:
i would think he is better suited for that but no one knows if he can catch a ball. no one wants a strait blocking TE either.
straight blocking? he's probably way better at catching than he is at blocking. QBs are always tossing the ball around in practice, but how often do they block?

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Closed Thread