Community Focus

Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM #1
Jluu1

Jluu1 is playing at Living Legends VI
Jluu1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jluu1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jluu1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CPX Sports Living Legends 6 Questions About First Time Going

Hey I was wondering you guys could answer some of my questions regarding Living Legends. I know its a bit to early but i would like to know ahead of time

- Tips for comming to play alone?
- Where is the staging area located and where is a safe place to leave paintballs and gear?
-if i were to leave all of my gear inside my car, would it be a far walk from the field to the parking lot?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 PM #2
honu
OHANA PB

honu supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jluu1 View Post
Hey I was wondering you guys could answer some of my questions regarding Living Legends. I know its a bit to early but i would like to know ahead of time

- Tips for comming to play alone?
- Where is the staging area located and where is a safe place to leave paintballs and gear?
-if i were to leave all of my gear inside my car, would it be a far walk from the field to the parking lot?
Howzit dude? First for your questions you certainly don't have to play alone if you don't want to. There are plenty of teams including mine that you'd be more than welcome to hang out with. That's one of the really neat things about this game, it's a very, very friendly environment.

Staging area is centrally located next to the field by air fill-ups and store to get paint. You could leave all of your stuff out in your car if you wanted to but like I said, you would be more than welcome to hang out with a variety of teams I'm sure. My team Ohana PB is one of the CPX Legion "home teams", be more than willing to let you hang out with us and make sure you enjoy your first Living Legends. Feel free to contact me here or go ahead and shoot me a friend request on Facebook at D.J. Honu Fox or like our FB page for Ohana PB.

If you have any other questions or if there is any other way I can help out, don't hesitate to ask.

Hang loose,
Honu
MOFO LL6

Proudly Sponsored by CPX Sports
honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 PM #3
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Game is going to be great always welcome to join our team if you would like.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 PM #4
Jluu1

Jluu1 is playing at Living Legends VI
Jluu1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jluu1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jluu1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks a lot for the great information guys but is the walk from the field to the car far? hahaha i guess i am pretty cautious of my gear. by any chance do they have lockers? and how would u guys store your paint if the day was extremely hot?
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 AM #5
honu
OHANA PB

honu supports Empire
walk to parking lot is not far. there are some lockers and its first come on those. bring your own lock. if it gets crazy hot i put all my paint in pods then store in a big cooler. Put some refreezeable ice packs in there with it. Also make sure you rotate your pods you carry on the field so you dont keep the same couple on you all day. you will go to use them and they will look like a branch of grapes.

there will be a bunch of threads about the game popping up along with info on facebook. you certainly can just come to the game by yourself but a game like LL is designed for a great way to get to hang with friends and and meet new ones. Teams and players come from all over the world for it just to see friends and play a fun game. LL is always 50% about the game. 50 % about all the fun off field stuff.
MOFO LL6

Last edited by honu : 01-10-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM #6
aka Mich

aka Mich is playing at Living Legends VI
aka Mich is playing at Living Legends VII
aka Mich owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
aka Mich plays in the APPA beginner division
If you're camping bring an extra empty cooler for your paint and throw the cooler in your tent away from the sun. Or plead with Honu to let you throw stuff under his camper. I wouldn't recommend leaving stuff in your car, it will get very hot, I'd expect temps in the 80s for CPX end of May so I'm sure the inside of your car could get up to triple digits if it's sunny.

This is the map from LL5, should explain where some of the things are. The staging area with a bunch of tables and everything is right above Vipers Central Command on the map. The CPX building that has the pro shop, concessions, and bathroom are right there where the Central Command logo is. Camping is in the big field to the left of those buildings, it's bigger than it looks on the map, it's just cut off the bottom of the map. Parking is right below that area.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:59 AM #7
Sean Scott
Just a player...

has been a member for 10 years
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends V
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends VI
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends VII
Living Legends is a fantastic environment for all ages and type of paintball player. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. You will make tons of new friends, guaranteed.

Parking... well... it is not far, but the lot does fill up. We do have TONS of parking, so should not be a huge issue. As friendly as the event is, I always recommend putting your gear somewhere secure.

Started paintball in 1995. Proud to have worked at the following.
| Living Legends | CPX Sports | Procaps | Smart Parts | KAPP | Drop Zone Paintball |
Sean Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 AM #8
Paul@CPX

Annual Supporting Member
Paul@CPX is an Ultimate field/store owner
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends III
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends V
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VI
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by honu View Post
My team Ohana PB is one of the CPX Legion "home teams", be more than willing to let you hang out with us and make sure you enjoy your first Living Legends. Feel free to contact me here or go ahead and shoot me a friend request on Facebook at D.J. Honu Fox or like our FB page for Ohana PB.

If you have any other questions or if there is any other way I can help out, don't hesitate to ask.

Hang loose,
Honu
That right there is what Living Legends is all about!!

Check us out:
www.cpxsports.com

Often imitated, never duplicated.
Paul@CPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 PM #9
firststrike01
Peace is the way

Yes its a huge walk all the way back to the starting point from the center line and even further to the parking lot. I was storing my paint in my car last year andi can tell you its a pain if you really want to be on the field as long as possible. The long walk its a huge reason i hate living legends. Also the teams are unfair. And they had a bunch of douche bags last year who were too lazy and scared of losing to pick a side so they formed the cheater squad who were magicly allowed to enter anywhere they wanted. So even if your team pushed the other side all the way back it didn't matter because the cheater could enter right behind you and shot you in the back like a punk. So i suggest you unload on all those pussied every chance you get so they just quit. And i mean seriously unload and don't stop during on them even if there hand is up until your empty. Is not a bad tactic because they are lowlife cheaters just trying top shot as many people as they want and they are not there to do any real objectives. So make those pussied bleed!

Last edited by firststrike01 : 01-11-2013 at 04:05 PM.
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:08 PM #10
Sean Scott
Just a player...

has been a member for 10 years
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends V
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends VI
Sean Scott is playing at Living Legends VII
You are referring to the Rippers as the "cheating" team. That was a third faction that was written into the game and they were asked to play a part by Viper. The issue was that when you have a ton of players, many do not understand the roll that they had or understand the special rules they fell under. So we pulled them out at the end of Saturday. We will never run a third faction on a Living Legends event.

Next, we also have 2 buses. They were not running on LLV, but they will be for LLVI. They will take players from the central staging area to the starting points.

As far as anything being a long walk, it is relative. Some people expect 50 feet to their car while others are ok with 400. It's just relative. You can look on google maps and see that we have a large beautiful asphalt parking lot in the front with lighting and more to the side in gravel.

Started paintball in 1995. Proud to have worked at the following.
| Living Legends | CPX Sports | Procaps | Smart Parts | KAPP | Drop Zone Paintball |
Sean Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:33 PM #11
honu
OHANA PB

honu supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by firststrike01 View Post
Yes its a huge walk all the way back to the starting point from the center line and even further to the parking lot. I was storing my paint in my car last year andi can tell you its a pain if you really want to be on the field as long as possible. The long walk its a huge reason i hate living legends. Also the teams are unfair. And they had a bunch of douche bags last year who were too lazy and scared of losing to pick a side so they formed the cheater squad who were magicly allowed to enter anywhere they wanted. So even if your team pushed the other side all the way back it didn't matter because the cheater could enter right behind you and shot you in the back like a punk. So i suggest you unload on all those pussied every chance you get so they just quit. And i mean seriously unload and don't stop during on them even if there hand is up until your empty. Is not a bad tactic because they are lowlife cheaters just trying top shot as many people as they want and they are not there to do any real objectives. So make those pussied bleed!
Very sorry you did not have a good experiance at Last years game. If I may clear up some of your points for you and for others who may read your post.

1 the size of the field is based on the number of players involved. Last years game had over 2000 players. You need a large enough field to allow both sides to have some movement to play the game in different ways. bigger field mean longer travel between deadbox and "50" yardline. Best way to deal is to make top use of the " medics" in the game as they can heal you on the spot and keep you up at the frontlines. If you have gone through all your paint and air there are plenty of short cuts off the field that lead directly to main staging area.

2 the group of players you refer to were a third faction that had no side loyallty. they had game rules different then any other side at the game that were spelled out clearly in your player packet rule sheet. The rule sheet is provided to every player so misunderstandings like this dont happen because like in your case it leads to hard feeling and an un happy game experiance for you. The third group was added as an attempt to improve the game. You are not the only one who had issuses with the third group players rules. The field owners and producer met after the first days play and determend to not have the third group as part of the night play or the next days play. the teams that made up the third group were thanked for trying to add to the game and divided evenly between the other two sides for the remainder of the game. Some ideas sound great in planning but dont work well in real time. Sometimes you need it to not work well to find out.

As i said I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your time at LL5. I would like to invite you back and see that CPX is doing everything they can after each years game to look at what worked well and what did not so that each years game is better then the last one. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help improve your time at CPX.

Mahalo
Honu
MOFO LL6