PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-08-2013, 11:17 PM #1
bpack14
Team NoSkill

has been a member for 10 years
Trigger recommendation for mini?

Just purchased a newer mini and noticed that the trigger was really loose, even with messing with the adjustments I still haven't got it tight the way I want it, too much loose side to side play.

What trigger would you guys recommend for the mini? The Violent series trigger is currently at the top of my list

Thanks
bpack14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:09 AM #2
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
The Violent is a great trigger. The delrin material is ligher than aluminum triggers, so it feels a lot more responsive. That should help with the loose feel. It also comes with 3 different size magnets so you can pick the tension of the pull. The magets plus the roller bearing make the pull very smooth too. It comes with the Violent trigger pin that sells for $10 by itself. The trigger pin doesn't require a punch to remove and makes removing the trigger a breeze. This is great if you take a shot in the trigger and need to clean the paint out before the next game. The trigger does have more side-to-side play that other Violent triggers, but it isn't very bad. I feel the Violent trigger unlocked a lot of the potential of the Mini when I installed it and got it where I liked, you'll love it if you're a fan of the scythe design.

I also noticed some silver roller bearing triggers on ebay that were made by Invert. They looked similar to the Axe trigger. I think they were around $16, and would be a good deal if you're trying to save a few bucks. I'd suggest the Violent over them, but they are still another option that is worth mentioning.

Last edited by minimag03 : 01-09-2013 at 12:11 AM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:40 PM #3
I_Spell_Evil_witta_Q
KEE Action Canada

I_Spell_Evil_witta_Q works for a Paintball manufacturer
I_Spell_Evil_witta_Q supports Team VICIOUS
I_Spell_Evil_witta_Q supports Empire
Empire also makes an aluminum trigger with ball bearings for smooth shooting.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:18 PM #4
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
The Violent is a great trigger. The delrin material is ligher than aluminum triggers, so it feels a lot more responsive. That should help with the loose feel. It also comes with 3 different size magnets so you can pick the tension of the pull. The magets plus the roller bearing make the pull very smooth too. It comes with the Violent trigger pin that sells for $10 by itself. The trigger pin doesn't require a punch to remove and makes removing the trigger a breeze. This is great if you take a shot in the trigger and need to clean the paint out before the next game. The trigger does have more side-to-side play that other Violent triggers, but it isn't very bad. I feel the Violent trigger unlocked a lot of the potential of the Mini when I installed it and got it where I liked, you'll love it if you're a fan of the scythe design.

I also noticed some silver roller bearing triggers on ebay that were made by Invert. They looked similar to the Axe trigger. I think they were around $16, and would be a good deal if you're trying to save a few bucks. I'd suggest the Violent over them, but they are still another option that is worth mentioning.
Agreed violent makes good stuff
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 PM #5
bpack14
Team NoSkill

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated, based on the positive feedback on the Violent series you helped persuade my decision, that and I have $12 in eBay bucks to spend so it's a no brainer now.

Thanks again!
bpack14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 PM #6
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpack14 View Post
Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated, based on the positive feedback on the Violent series you helped persuade my decision, that and I have $12 in eBay bucks to spend so it's a no brainer now.

Thanks again!
Always glad to help
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote