Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-17-2013, 03:41 PM #22
LeeDowney

Good post Taggratt. I'm also looking for some laid back area competition. My buddies and I just got into paintball last year. We are all 35-45 yrs old. Mostly play with our sons on a 2 acre course I have set up at home. We've recently become curious about going to a local course and playing against people we don't know. We just don't want to get constantly paired against some 20 yr olds that shoot us before we step out of the car. Not actually but you know what I mean.

Most of my buddies live in the Winston area but 4 guys come up from Charlotte to play. We noticed a field in Salisbury (Predator) and was wondering if that would be a good place in between to try out. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2013, 05:18 PM #23
mscbrenda

My work is actually have a laid-back tournament on February 24th which will be the start of our monthly tournaments (the last Sunday of every month). It's open to all players inexperienced or experienced and we make it fair. Meaning the guns used are our guns and it's basic 2v2 teams and capture the flag format. Registration is uber cheap too and we intend to have a fun time!
mscbrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 PM #24
tacodorifto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscbrenda View Post
My work is actually have a laid-back tournament on February 24th
Im assuming you mean your work is having?

Where?
Thanks for the info
tacodorifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 PM #25
NuNuNewsome

NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NuNuNewsome plays in the APPA D4 division
NuNuNewsome supports DLX Technology
I'm 40 years old and my wife is 38 and we play against 18 to 25 year olds all the time in the CFOA. We MAKE it laid back and don't take it seriously. I play for the love of the game and once and awhile we actually win

Just keep in mind any event is fun if you make it that way. If you ever get a chance come to a CFOA 5man event and just hang out with us in what we call Cardinal City ( our tents chairs and tables) We will show just how fun and relaxing tournaments can be. We laugh at ourselves at just have a good time. Check us out on Facebook Carolina Cardinals
NuNuNewsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:48 PM #26
TaggRat

TaggRat owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDowney View Post
Good post Taggratt. I'm also looking for some laid back area competition. My buddies and I just got into paintball last year. We are all 35-45 yrs old. Mostly play with our sons on a 2 acre course I have set up at home. We've recently become curious about going to a local course and playing against people we don't know. We just don't want to get constantly paired against some 20 yr olds that shoot us before we step out of the car. Not actually but you know what I mean.

Most of my buddies live in the Winston area but 4 guys come up from Charlotte to play. We noticed a field in Salisbury (Predator) and was wondering if that would be a good place in between to try out. Any thoughts or suggestions?
I've been playing for about 10 years now playing rec, scenarios, and big games and your going to have to adapt to playing at a field, it's different compared to in the woods on someone's land, but it can be a blast. I live close to Raleigh, but I have a buddy in Winston Salem area and I'll see where he plays. I hope you check out a field soon and have a blast.