Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-23-2009, 11:30 PM #1
cfos00

A couple years later...finally done

So about two years ago, I bought parts to semi pgp from Rainman over on MCB. What I bought from him was the 3 brass tubes, a bolt, back block, cut rod, front block, front block adaptor, cut back block, valve, velocity adjuster and mainspring. After I got it from him, I got an Orracle set of pneus, and a benchie slider. This is what the gun looked like:

Thinking it was ugly, and quiet frankly would be under-utilized as a pistol, I asked Rainman to add a vert feed, ball detent mount, and powdercoat it black. In the meantime, I thought I'd make a few more adjustments. I got a minicocker block and filed it to fit, got a ccm clamping feed for it, a ccm delrin back block and filed it to fit, had a couple delrin bolts made, got a Noxx adaptor so that I could put a 20 bps Uprising frame on it. I also got a shocktech through grip to go with an adjustable screw in tank. This is that it looked like then:

While it looked pretty, there were still a couple significant issues common to semi-pgps. Namely, it was a complete pain to time, wouldn't get up to speed, and the sear/hammer relationship was awful.

Then I started talking to Noxx on MCB. I sent the gun to him with simple wishes---please time the sucker, make the hammer have an adjustable lug in it, fix the pump rod by making an aluminum red one (the one I got from Rainman had way too much play in it to work reliably unfortunately), and make a bolt that can work consistently. Also, whatever comes to mind that may seem like a good idea, please do. I put a maddman light cocker valve spring in the valve, and shipped her out. Friday, I got it back. Here she is, in full working order. Absolutely beautiful.

It's timed, light, has a rock solid feel, tiny, and will be out at my field soon. There are a total of two stock pgp parts left on the entire gun, with the rest custom made (the main spring and velocity adjuster...that's it). Rainman did a great job with the body and the powder coat, as well as the valve adaptor. Noxx did a lot of work on the timing, getting the hammer truly usable, and anno-ing parts to put some just great highlights on the little guy. So after a couple years, I finally have a nicely tuned 20 bps epgp. Thanks a lot Noxx, I absolutely love it.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2009, 11:36 PM #2
ghettogunner
Simple.

i owned a pgp and regret getting rid of it , that thing is sick
does it really get to 20bps? or is that an optimistic estimate?

either way , props for sticking with it , 2 years is a long time

as far as ideas go , the bolt pin kinda sticks out , a delrin or anno matched one would be the cherry on t

Last edited by ghettogunner : 06-23-2009 at 11:39 PM.
ghettogunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:42 PM #3
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Holy ****, best semi-PGP ever. Planning on making vids?
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:42 PM #4
cfos00

Nothing optimistic about it. I managed to get my hands on one of the last runs of the Uprising frames, which were fully adjustable on BPS from 1-20 bps.

Now, my fingers going remotely that fast is another question entirely...
Old 06-23-2009, 11:50 PM #5
cfos00

And I actually like the pin on it. The whole thing is kind of a modern tip-of-the-cap to the creation of the autococker, and I actually think the pin kinda fits along those lines. I'm also having Noxx do a jam bolt for it whenever he gets a moment (so literally probably months down the road---he has a LOT of work so I don't mind one bit) and this pull pin is a lot easier to do with a really small jam bolt. If you were refering to it sticking out of the back a little, it's actually fixed in the current form but really, really hard to tell from the pics. Before, it did stick out too much. Completely agree.

As for video, probably not. I live right next to DC, and in an apartment building next to two major roads. The only space I really have to shoot it is at fields that are about an hour away, and I'd rather spend my time just playing. I have a feeling I'll have more than a few questions asking what exactly it is...

Last edited by cfos00 : 06-24-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:49 AM #6
tooks

tooks owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tooks is for the Gunfight
wow that is nice!!!!, well done!
tooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:23 AM #7
hairyviking

damn. i am very impressed... looks like it will be a lot of fun to play with. i wish you were making a vid so i could see just how she shoots
hairyviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:13 PM #8
n10cd_kid
BlUeHaIr MeNaCE

would u at all be intrested in makeinf one of the first ones for sale ........pm me
n10cd_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:40 PM #9
big balls 3223
shoop da whoop

vid!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:01 PM #10
The Others (Banned)

The Others supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Others donated to help Peyton Trent
The Others supports Bob Gurnsey
The Others supports our troops
very well done
The Others is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:37 PM #11
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

foreverpsycotic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Talk about a mini-cocker. Holy ****, that thing must weigh less than an ion.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:15 PM #12
B@TMAN
"I'm BATMAN!"

i wanna see a vid too!

OLD FEEDBACK
NEW FEEDBACK

Originally Posted by BMcC13:
Better than the usual "adfjgh give me money dood" then "hellllllll no man I ain't no scama nahnahnofosho".
B@TMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 PM #13
asianshooter
please read

Wow just wow.

Im sure the people in the pump forum would like to see this conversion.

Looks awesome.

PUMP gear all kinds pleaseeee.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3658826
One of a kind pump for sale!!!
[/b]http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=72485150#post72485150]
"Originally posted by texaspaintballplpaye: I don't even shoot paintballs. I just go stand behind bunkers and pose."
asianshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:06 AM #14
cfos00

I wouldn't sell this thing, and making another would really cost a boatload. There are multiple barriers to making these and selling them, with the basic parts alone running roughly running around 400 or so plus you have the time and labor of the airsmiths involved. And that's if you can convince them to do some of the parts again. Rainman said he won't make anymore of the front blocked pgps because of all of the work put into them. You could probably convince Noxx if you wanted to and he got through his backlog of work.

Yeah, video probably won't happen. I just live in a really urban area, and really don't have anything resembling a yard near me. I'd probably be answering questions from my complex's landlord and any other authority figures that they felt like bringing to my door, and it just isn't worth doing for that.

It is pretty darn light, not sure what I'd consider comparable. I know most of you will consider this odd/close to impossible, but I've never held an ion or anything considered to be a modern electro. I've been playing for a little over ten years now, and other than an old angel LED and an angel LCD, I've never had anything considered in that ballpark. I guess maybe e-bladed cockers if you count those. I would say the closest weight-wise of any of the guns that I have had would be a halfblock FBM cocker I had earlier this year. It's a lot lighter and smaller than that cocker once you toss on a reg/barrel. It makes my pneu-minimag with an 8" barrel look big, and that says a lot.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:09 PM #15
cfos00

Still no video, but better pictures:

And to show size....
Old 07-06-2009, 07:15 PM #16
The Others (Banned)

The Others supports Cereal Killerz 2
The Others donated to help Peyton Trent
The Others supports Bob Gurnsey
The Others supports our troops
very nice work
The Others is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:21 PM #17
ikey

wow. that truely is impressive.

only way it couls get better? if it was possible to drill out the barrel and thread it for bore inserts.

now that may not be physically possible due to structure or just unbareable expenses, but it would be the last ULTIMATE modification.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM #18
cfos00

I actually have thought about that, and it is possible---I've seen it done. However, it is also require a few things I don't love--more down time with it at an airsmith's, buying a new set of inserts, and refinishing the brass again. I don't think I'll go there. However, two other things that may be on the way are a jam bolt and a pneu-frame. The pneu-frame is actually pretty close, but I don't know if I'll install it or stick with the Uprising.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 PM #19
Karnivor'sFan

Karnivor'sFan is playing at Living Legends III
Karnivor'sFan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Karnivor'sFan supports Team VICIOUS
that actually looks nice, impressive and by far the best of that kind

That is the key to life."
Karnivor'sFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:16 AM #20
big balls 3223
shoop da whoop