Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-25-2015, 01:02 AM #1
dburns865

Ego, unknown year. Have pics

I am looking at this Ego on Craigslist. The guy doesn't know there year, but I talked him into adding in the tank with the deal. So $285 for the gun, hopper and tank. Is this a good deal? Any idea what year the Ego is?

dburns865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2015, 01:07 AM #2
tall white guy
^I regret this^

Annual Supporting Member
tall white guy is an NCPA player
2005 Ego. While some may disagree, I think a setup for less than $300 that includes an ego-any year-is a good deal.
tall white guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:10 AM #3
dburns865

Thanks for the info! He was saying he thought it was an 07 so it's a little disappointing. So would you recommend this over other newer midrange guns I can get used in this price range like minis and protos?
dburns865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:27 AM #4
pvn

pvn has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburns865 View Post
Thanks for the info! He was saying he thought it was an 07 so it's a little disappointing. So would you recommend this over other newer midrange guns I can get used in this price range like minis and protos?
For reliability, easy of maintenance, and the fact they just work...no. Any year Ego I consider better than those you listed. Make sure the marker works (eyes/board) has no leaks, take the deal and go play.

Remember if it aint broke, don't fix it.
pvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:57 PM #5
Joe Gouge

Make sure it works well, because if the solenoid is dented in from the grip screws it will still shoot but not fire over 250 fps
Joe Gouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:28 PM #6
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Unless the gun was very well maintained I'd stay away.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:13 PM #7
sweetxc654

sweetxc654 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Keep in mind the solenoids are impossible to find for those and they go out a lot the gun itself is worth 150-200 i would find something else. You can find ego 07-08's all the time for 200 and that is a way better gun
sweetxc654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:39 AM #8
13thLucky

I'm going to have to side with the guys saying stay away. Ego's are amazing, but Planet Eclipse no longer produces parts for or services the 05's. As a result, if something goes wrong (particularly with the solenoid) you've got an expensive paperweight. About the only people who are buying 05s are those who already have them and plan on using the extra one for the parts.
13thLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:58 PM #9
ReynardHonda

I would stay away as well. It looks to be in good shape but count on the fact you'll have to spend a couple hundred on another at some point for parts especially the solenoid. Add the cost of another to what he's asking and you're pushing $500. You can find Ego 11's all day long for that these days.
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
~Theodore Roosvelt
ReynardHonda is offline   Reply With Quote