Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 PM #22
The_Fresh
Trollin' the trolls.
 
The_Fresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CT
Annual Supporting Member
The_Fresh plays in the PSP
The_Fresh plays in the APPA D4 division
The_Fresh has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Fresh supports DLX Technology
The_Fresh supports Empire
i bought a revi once and it shot like crap. gun was light, and felt ok but looked pretty cool. i shot that thing, kicked like a mule and was loud. reminded me of a geo. needless to say i sold it the next week and doubled my money. the board on the revi is nice. thats about all i could say. the asa's suck. the regulators having the macro stick out the side sucked. the shot quality... lmfao. BAD

any gun macdev has made is better than any dp gun ive ever shot by light years.


/thread
__________________
MacDev Militia
The_Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 PM #23
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride
 
MaG Adrenal1ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sellersville, PA
MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaa1236 View Post
A tect revi isn't near the smoothness of even a v2 clone, or droid for that matter. Revis shoot pretty bad for being a spool. Not too far from a g3.
I sense a biased review
__________________
INFAMY
PHILLY NOTORIOUS (R.I.P.)
SOFA KINGDOM
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:35 PM #24
dak22
 
 
dak22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: illinois
dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG Adrenal1ne View Post
I sense a biased review
As in your case
__________________
My stuff for sale:
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:59 PM #25
phillysteve
Theft Patrol
 
phillysteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philly
Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
phillysteve supports DLX Technology
Welcome to paintball - everybody has their own opinion and use the same slang about every marker there is out there.

I've shot them all, rev-i kicks no more than a luxe, people just like to hype the value of their markers by talking trash online.

Rev-i has the nicest board available, when you tune it properly it shoots just as well as any high-end spoolie and does well efficiency wise.

Clones are the flavor of the year, soon they will "kick like mules"
__________________
Phillysteve's guide to track down anyone: _CLICK_
LVP SOUTH, Hatfield, PA
DLX Luxe
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 PM #26
BobbyDanger
Hold my beer watch this
 
BobbyDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ft Bliss Tx
BobbyDanger is BST Trusted
BobbyDanger is attending Decay of Nations VII
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt.cobra View Post
dp is terrible
this.
BobbyDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:29 PM #27
KryptonicsPB
Fur Sure
 
KryptonicsPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve

Clones are the flavor of the year, soon they will "kick like mules"
I disagree. No way you should take anyone seriously who says a GT, a luxe, a G6r, or a rev-i "kick like mules"

However the gt is on a different plain. I would compare a rev i to a geo 2, which are also great guns
KryptonicsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:34 PM #28
BobbyDanger
Hold my beer watch this
 
BobbyDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ft Bliss Tx
BobbyDanger is BST Trusted
BobbyDanger is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonicsPB View Post
I disagree. No way you should take anyone seriously who says a GT, a luxe, a G6r, or a rev-i "kick like mules"

However the gt is on a different plain. I would compare a rev i to a geo 2, which are also great guns
Ehhh the revi is more like geo1. Both are not worth the money imo. I agree about the clone.
BobbyDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 PM #29
NBTippy
ping pong champ
 
NBTippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NB, Canada
Annual Supporting Member
NBTippy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NBTippy plays in the APPA D5 division
NBTippy has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
In DP's defense I really love the Rev-I/threshold. That being said, all their other products are trash and even though I loved my Rev-I it would never even come close to holding a candle to a GT.

Also if you are comparing the two, I'm guessing you are buying new, never, ever, ever buy a Rev-I new, waaaaay over priced.
NBTippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:13 AM #30
aaaa1236
plop plop plop
 
aaaa1236's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ohio
aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends V
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG Adrenal1ne View Post
I sense a biased review
Whys that? Because im being honest? i was only listed macdev markers because that was what the op was asking about. I havent owned a clone since 2011. I guess stating a fact in favor for a company makes you bias.
I hope you didnt take that post personally, if you like your revi shoot it and have fun. But its not as smooth as a clone/droid/dm/or even a nice shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteve View Post
Welcome to paintball - everybody has their own opinion and use the same slang about every marker there is out there.

I've shot them all, rev-i kicks no more than a luxe, people just like to hype the value of their markers by talking trash online.

Rev-i has the nicest board available, when you tune it properly it shoots just as well as any high-end spoolie and does well efficiency wise.

Clones are the flavor of the year, soon they will "kick like mules"
How exactly does one tune a revi?
Ill give you the answer, you dont.
You can set the dwell if you want, but markers without lpr's dont actually get tuned. They get "up'd"
Clones have been around for a while and still dont "kick like mules"
No way are revis so bad that it will completely throw you off, but they are are absolutely not as smooth or efficient or well made as a clone. Macdev has phenomenal quality control.

Last edited by aaaa1236 : 01-30-2013 at 03:40 PM.
aaaa1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 AM #31
stealthninja
 
 
stealthninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virginia Beach
stealthninja owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I know very little about the Rev-I but I know just about any DP made gun that comes out to my field has had issues all the time. Not to mention either the g3's or g4's are known to have issues out of the box. I have seen many of great shooting macdev's. There may be ease of maintenance behind this, I don't know. If I were to pick I would say macdev, not because of some biased opinion but merely from me seeing them continue to shoot well at my field. (this coming from a 10 yr reff that sees many dp's and macdev's come through his field.
__________________
"FOX BROTHERS MILITIA"
http://foxbrotherspaintball.net/
stealthninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:47 PM #32
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!
 
l1ryan1l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
The hate on DP in here is pretty absurd, sounds like most of the trash talkers never even owned a rev-i..... While I agree, that the Clone is better than the Rev-i, it does not beat it in such a manner that some of these children have described it.

A rev-i with a techT bolt is pretty ****ing smooth, like someone said earlier, shot quality of a geo2 about, and similar, if not a little better efficiency, great board, great case and barrel kit for it and everything, maintenance is a breeze with the Rev-i. even with the stock bolt, the rev-i is decently smooth, idk where these people are getting loud and kicky from.... to those saying DP has nothing but problems, that's a load of **** too... MacDev's had their fair share of problems out of box as well.. DP's had nothing more.. only reason it seemed like more problems arose is because more guns at DP's price point are sold and there are 6 o-rings in the ****ing gun, if you can't figure it out and fix it in under 15 minutes you're an idiot or making **** up.

with that said, The Clone is smoother, quieter and far more efficient than the rev-i. I think the ergonomics are about the same to eachother, but everyone will have different opinions. The case is great with the Clone as well, although you don't get a barrel kit (most people have their own anyways).

DP's customer service is pretty awful, but they have a great community backing them.
The one time i dealt with Mac Dev's CS they were pretty great....

DP rev-i BNIB = $850 + techt bolt (optional $70) = $920
Clone GT BNIB = $1400

price difference is $550/$480

TL;DR?

what Rev-i has over the Clone:
price, less o-rings (6 orings in the whole gun/easier maintenance), easy trouble shooting, barrel kit.

Clone over the Rev-i:
smoother, quieter, more efficient, good CS, "that feeling of owning a marker worth over $1000".

Clone = Rev-i:
board, case/packaging, ergonomics (imo)

cons of rev-i:
poor CS, a lot of people seem to not like the trigger, but i do

cons of the Clone:
a lot of o-rings if that bothers you. I know it bothers some people

Last edited by l1ryan1l : 01-30-2013 at 09:11 PM.
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 PM #33
echoscammer
MILF hunt veteran
 
echoscammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
The hate on DP in here is pretty absurd, sounds like most of the trash talkers never even owned a rev-i..... While I agree, that the Clone is a bit better than the Rev-i, it does not beat it in such a manner that some of these children have described it.

A rev-i with a techT bolt is pretty sucking smooth, like someone said earlier, shot quality of a geo2 about, and similar, if not a little better efficiency, great board, great case and barrel kit for it and everything, maintenance is a breeze with the Rev-i. even with the stock bolt, the rev-i is decently smooth, idk where these people are getting loud and kicky from.... to those saying DP has nothing but problems, that's a load of **** too... MacDev's had their fair share of problems out of box as well.. DP's had nothing more.. only reason it seemed like more problems arose is because more guns at DP's price point are sold and there are 6 o-rings in the ****ing gun, if you can't figure it out and fix it in under 15 minutes you're an idiot or making **** up.

with that said, The Clone is smoother, quieter and far more efficient than the rev-i. I think the ergonomics are about the same to eachother, but everyone will have different opinions. The case is great with the Clone as well, although you don't get a barrel kit (most people have their own anyways).

DP's customer service is pretty awful, but they have a great community backing them.
The one time i dealt with Mac Dev's CS they were pretty great....
Very well said.
__________________
Originally Posted By Paper Cut: " To OP: you are aware that most people who picked the Geo are only picking it since it is made by Eclipse but have no idea that the Geo is actually a Dangerous Power G4"

I own highends but for giggles i shoot THESE
echoscammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM #34
FalconPunchKid
St. Louis Hustle
 
FalconPunchKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Louis
Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Clone. Hands down
__________________
⚓US NAVY⚓
They call me "DOC"
PROUD LUXE OWNER

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:33 AM #35
Weroliera (Banned)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago
No comparison. Close this thread! Lol
No seriously
Weroliera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 AM #36
dak22
 
 
dak22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: illinois
dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post

DP rev-i BNIB = $850 + techt bolt (optional $70) = $920
Clone GT BNIB = $1400

price difference is $550/$480

TL;DR?

what Rev-i has over the Clone:
price, less o-rings (6 orings in the whole gun/easier maintenance), easy trouble shooting, barrel kit.

Clone over the Rev-i:
smoother, quieter, more efficient, good CS, "that feeling of owning a marker worth over $1000".

Clone = Rev-i:
board, case/packaging, ergonomics (imo)

cons of rev-i:
poor CS, a lot of people seem to not like the trigger, but i do

cons of the Clone:
a lot of o-rings if that bothers you. I know it bothers some people
If price/# of orings is a concern for getting a rev-i over a GT, then macdev still has a better solution.

All BNIB:

Drone DX: 430 (dump valve similar to geo 2)
Clone Grips, board, screen: 150
Shift barrel kit with all inserts: 170
Critical/Violent Trigger: 40/50

Total Comes to 800 at max. This gets you a marker as smooth as a rev-i (since it's comparable to a geo 2), as easy to maintain (DX has a like 1 or 2 orings to maintain), better trigger (I trust aftermarker triggers over stock w/ a few exceptions), barrel kit w/ more bore sizes+improved macdev CS.

Still cheaper compared to a BNIB rev-i with tech t bolt, comes with it's perks+leaving you with an extra 120.
__________________
My stuff for sale:
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:23 AM #37
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!
 
o5pr3y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vallejo, CA
Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I personally love my Rev-I. Feels comfortable, looks nice, and with the techT bolt and some simple tuning (yes it's possible to tune. Dwell adjustments and o-ring fitting.), it can be a smooth shooter. In fact I regularly get complimented on mine's smoothness.

The majority of my team uses Clone GTs and EVERY single one has broken in one way or another.
The ASA's constantly blowing out or coming loose, the board screen getting dim within months, and one even found metal shavings in his reg.

I however do like the GT, and macdev has great CS where DP has the opposite.

Not too mention the Rev-I is one of the last innovative markers paintball has seen. The Switchblade trigger, gauged backcap, and swappable clear/solid firing can were great ideas for the industry.
__________________
Northern California PB Thefts: An always updating record of all the stolen gear in Nor*Cal
http://www.airrixpaintball.com/


NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:07 PM #38
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!
 
l1ryan1l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Boston, MA
l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
If price/# of orings is a concern for getting a rev-i over a GT, then macdev still has a better solution.

All BNIB:

Drone DX: 430 (dump valve similar to geo 2)
Clone Grips, board, screen: 150
Shift barrel kit with all inserts: 170
Critical/Violent Trigger: 40/50

Total Comes to 800 at max. This gets you a marker as smooth as a rev-i (since it's comparable to a geo 2), as easy to maintain (DX has a like 1 or 2 orings to maintain), better trigger (I trust aftermarker triggers over stock w/ a few exceptions), barrel kit w/ more bore sizes+improved macdev CS.

Still cheaper compared to a BNIB rev-i with tech t bolt, comes with it's perks+leaving you with an extra 120.
The ergonomics of the Drone is not as good as the rev-i's. Some sharp corners, and the milling quality overall on the drone's i've come in contact with have not been very good. You can see milled marks. My teammate was able to screw one of his tanks in, but the other wouldn't screw in for some reason, his wasn't the only one with that issue. not to mention it's damn near impossible to get his eye covers that are plastic out... I like the drone, i think it's a nice marker, it's a great shooter for sure but, you can see where macdev cut corners..... that's not a better solution, I wouldn't pick up an upp'd drone like you said over a rev-i..... you havent mentioned in anyway how that drone would be a better choice over the rev-i aside from cheaper and good CS.

Last edited by l1ryan1l : 01-31-2013 at 01:11 PM.
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:04 PM #39
dak22
 
 
dak22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: illinois
dak22 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
The ergonomics of the Drone is not as good as the rev-i's. Some sharp corners, and the milling quality overall on the drone's i've come in contact with have not been very good. You can see milled marks. My teammate was able to screw one of his tanks in, but the other wouldn't screw in for some reason, his wasn't the only one with that issue. not to mention it's damn near impossible to get his eye covers that are plastic out... I like the drone, i think it's a nice marker, it's a great shooter for sure but, you can see where macdev cut corners..... that's not a better solution, I wouldn't pick up an upp'd drone like you said over a rev-i..... you havent mentioned in anyway how that drone would be a better choice over the rev-i aside from cheaper and good CS.
Ergonomics is preference, moreso than any other catagory, hence why I don't use it in comparisons. Heck, you state the ergonomics of the rev-i vs GT with an imo, signifying it's your opinion. Well imo, the ergonomics of the GT is better than the Rev-i, which feels just as good as a drone dx. However, it's moot arguing about it because everyone's concept of comfort is different.

Using your teamates experience is pointless because everyone can do the same with their DP markers. Since both sides are similar, you might as well drop the arguement.

Macdev cut corners: well duh, one is 430 the other is 899. Even before the price drop, the DX was never placed as high as the rev-i at any point (which was once over 1000 according to DP's website). Yet macdev didn't sacrifice the most important point (marker shot performance).

Speaking of price, it funny how you use it to discredit my arguement while using it to boost yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post

what Rev-i has over the Clone:
price, less o-rings (6 orings in the whole gun/easier maintenance), easy trouble shooting, barrel kit.
It's also funny how you use the # of orings against the clone because it bothers some people:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
cons of the Clone:
a lot of o-rings if that bothers you. I know it bothers some people
Well people are also bothered when they don't get their money's worth.

Bottomline is that for the price of a stock revi+techt bolt, upgrading the DX gets a marker that performs just as good with better accessories +120 left over. Sure milling is sacrificed, but most people would take a trade in looks for better performance in other areas (barrel kit and trigger)+money leftover.
__________________
My stuff for sale:
dak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 PM #40
xmagman
MacDev Militia
 
xmagman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tropical Arkansas
 has been a member for 10 years
xmagman supports Team VICIOUS
xmagman is for the Gunfight
xmagman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have seen many people have nothing but issues with DP markers. A team mate had a Rev-i and had nothing but issues. Several of the guys on the team tried to get it working properly but we just couldnt get it to shoot like it should. The regs on DP leave a lot to be desired. And for a gun that cost $800 new it should have a good reg on it. The trigger is OK at best...cool idea being able to flip it around but it lacks adjustability. And lack of aftermarket triggers is another factor.
The ASA is horrible. I have yet to see a DP ASA that doesnt have issues or the lever isnt bent. And dont even get me started on the DP macro fittings. DPs quality control sucks and their customer service sucks...this makes for a really bad experience with their products.
__________________
-X

MacDev Clone GTi
MacDev Droid

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

Ryukyu Kings Paintball Team
xmagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:06 PM #41
aaaa1236
plop plop plop
 
aaaa1236's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ohio
aaaa1236 helped look for balloons
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends III
aaaa1236 is playing at Living Legends V
aaaa1236 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post
I personally love my Rev-I. Feels comfortable, looks nice, and with the techT bolt and some simple tuning (yes it's possible to tune. Dwell adjustments and o-ring fitting.), it can be a smooth shooter. In fact I regularly get complimented on mine's smoothness.

The majority of my team uses Clone GTs and EVERY single one has broken in one way or another.
The ASA's constantly blowing out or coming loose, the board screen getting dim within months, and one even found metal shavings in his reg.

I however do like the GT, and macdev has great CS where DP has the opposite.

Not too mention the Rev-I is one of the last innovative markers paintball has seen. The Switchblade trigger, gauged backcap, and swappable clear/solid firing can were great ideas for the industry.
Swapping orings isnt tuning, its replacing parts and causes more problems than it usually helps. I mentioned dwell, you will be compensating for a lower dwell by increasing hpr, so youll gain almost nothing.
If you wanna call it tuning to feel like it made a difference, go for it. But even with new seals and a lower dwell the gun will shoot almost exactly the same as factory.

Shockers had clear firing cans
Dp gauges go out too often for me to consider innovative
The trigger idea was good.
aaaa1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM #42
jrad004
 
 
jrad004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: missouri
jrad004 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jrad004 supports DLX Technology
I had 2 v2 clones they were the worst shooting guns I have ever shot really crapy grips there guns all look the same... I had a revi they shoot good if you tune them they come with a kick *** case barrel kit and all the tools you need..maybe if macdev showed more innovation
__________________
White/Gold DLX Luxe 1.0 W/2.0 Ups-http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=84448249#post84448249
jrad004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump