PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 PM #1996
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Ha yeah, report back when all your money is gone lol
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2013, 10:31 PM #1997
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by They Call Me Rain View Post
Arai is a type of helmet company? I'll take a look into them tomorrow
Yes. But they are pricey. I probably wouldn't have bought one if I had to pay full retail for one. I got a great deal.

If I had to pay full retail for one, I'd probably be looking at a Scorpion. Before I found the Arai that I ended up with, I was looking at the Scorpion 700, 1000, and 1100.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:33 PM #1998
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
Yes. But they are pricey. I probably wouldn't have bought one if I had to pay full retail for one. I got a great deal.

If I had to pay full retail for one, I'd probably be looking at a Scorpion. Before I found the Arai that I ended up with, I was looking at the Scorpion 700, 1000, and 1100.
And when I say pricey... I mean you can buy a cheap helmet for the price of just the face shield. The replacement shield for mine is $86. Not real happy about that.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:57 PM #1999
xXinpayneXx
MW

$86???

I usually get mine for around 50... But they also last 2-3 times longer than cheaper ones too.

But I won't put anything but arai on my head. Once you go there, you can't go back...

I'd maybe race with a cheaper helmet, but not for street riding, no way no how.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 PM #2000
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
$86???

I usually get mine for around 50... But they also last 2-3 times longer than cheaper ones too.

But I won't put anything but arai on my head. Once you go there, you can't go back...

i have such mixed feelings about arai. Everyone says that they have the best helmets but then after looking at their crash ratings they weren't much to brag about. What is it that everyone loves about them?

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Old 05-29-2013, 11:30 PM #2001
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
$86???

You can get clear ones for around $55. But the tinted and mirrored ones are $80+. Mine is the silvered mirror one. Love it. Just hat it's so damn expensive because I need a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
i have such mixed feelings about arai. Everyone says that they have the best helmets but then after looking at their crash ratings they weren't much to brag about. What is it that everyone loves about them?
My favorite thing about them is the venting and the aerodynamics. It cuts through the wind with almost completely no wind resistance. At least that you can feel. Even turned completely to the side. And the venting is awesome.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:40 PM #2002
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
My favorite thing about them is the venting and the aerodynamics. It cuts through the wind with almost completely no wind resistance. At least that you can feel. Even turned completely to the side. And the venting is awesome.
What model do you use?

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Old 05-30-2013, 05:10 AM #2003
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3985466
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread