Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 07:48 PM #1828
BunkerNinja

BunkerNinja is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
I really like the Pilot 2's on my FZ.

As they are wearing, they are losing grip at a pretty good rate, but they slide well.

They keep me at a sane pace in the twisties anyway so thats good, and they are lasting pretty well.
I liked my Diablo Rosso Corsas, but I won't pay retail for them (they were take-offs). Michelins have served me well in the past, so I have high hopes for these.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM #1829
xXinpayneXx
MW

I just recently got a job selling cars on the european side. I'm starting with VW's and such, but get the chance to drive around Audi, BMW, hopefully going to take this 2013 911 we just took in on a trade, someone snagged it before me this morning.

But it's amazing how different the way they sell cars compared to bikes. Man bike dealerships around here just are...idk after learning about car selling, it's like they don't care about money. ha
Old 05-16-2013, 10:25 PM #1830
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
I found the weirdest motorcycle forum. A guy that I ride with told me there was a local forum for riders. I had forgotten that I was on it a few years ago but it was always dead so I stopped going. Anyway I decided to give it another chance.

So like on PBNation how you have the "User Text" under your name, I entered "Knees in the Breeze." But when I saved it, it came out "Cliche removed by Robot." Apparently "Robot" is their "System." After asking about it I was told that ALL motorcycle related cliches are filtered. How stupid is that? It's a motorcycle forum that doesn't allow ANY motorcycle jargon.

But it has dozens of threads with people complaining about how dead the place is and the admins and mods asking for suggestions to improve it. I gave them one. They didn't like it.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:50 PM #1831
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What the hell Honda?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:53 PM #1832
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

id ride it
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 05-17-2013, 03:19 PM #1833
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd ride it, but not for $3k. That 125 can't be much fun for anything except dicking around in parking lots and residential streets.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:45 PM #1834
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
Looks like a good replacement to the crf50 for pit bike stunting. Still better than a moped too.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:49 PM #1835
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AABanned View Post
I'd ride it, but not for $3k. That 125 can't be much fun for anything except dicking around in parking lots and residential streets.
agreed, 3000 is way too much for a 125cc bike
Old 05-17-2013, 04:11 PM #1836
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Says you guys.

I'm sorry, but how much cheaper could they possibly make it and still make money.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 05-17-2013, 04:57 PM #1837
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
A friend of mine is currently in the running to win "Picture of the week" on a website.

I'm trying to help him win it, and it would be awesome if I could get some of you guys to help out as well.

Right now, it's Honda vs Aprillia. (Honda is who I want to win, obviously) He is in the chicken suit. Go and vote it 5 Stars. Should take less than 10 seconds to help out.

US129 Photos on the Dragon Photos - Deals Gap Photos - Tail of the Dragon Photos

Old 05-17-2013, 06:58 PM #1838
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
A friend of mine is currently in the running to win "Picture of the week" on a website.

I'm trying to help him win it, and it would be awesome if I could get some of you guys to help out as well.

Right now, it's Honda vs Aprillia. (Honda is who I want to win, obviously) He is in the chicken suit. Go and vote it 5 Stars. Should take less than 10 seconds to help out.

US129 Photos on the Dragon Photos - Deals Gap Photos - Tail of the Dragon Photos

Looks to me like hes going to win. Lol

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Old 05-17-2013, 07:26 PM #1839
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
its 255 to 362 as of right now (honda/chicken vs Aprillia)
Old 05-17-2013, 09:21 PM #1840
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've been known to rock a chicken suit as well.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:40 AM #1841
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Voted

**** people on craigslist. Dude emailed me offering 1100 dollars for my ninja (i have it listed for 1600). When I told him, in a roundabout way, to go **** himself (i was in a bad mood. rough day), he comes back quoting KBB value (which lists lower than what these sell for in my area in the damn spring time) at 1450.

So offer me 1450 you piece of dog ****. ****.

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 05-18-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:12 AM #1842
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Anyone in sw pa or Ohio? Heading out to the Ohio border today
Old 05-18-2013, 10:04 AM #1843
BunkerNinja

BunkerNinja is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AABanned View Post
What the hell Honda?

I'd ride it so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
Says you guys.

I'm sorry, but how much cheaper could they possibly make it and still make money.
Yeah, it's a new bike guys not some clapped out Craigslist special that daddy is selling for meth money.

New Michelins are super stable. These are going to be great at HPT.

Last edited by BunkerNinja : 05-18-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:07 AM #1844
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
Voted

**** people on craigslist. Dude emailed me offering 1100 dollars for my ninja (i have it listed for 1600). When I told him, in a roundabout way, to go **** himself (i was in a bad mood. rough day), he comes back quoting KBB value (which lists lower than what these sell for in my area in the damn spring time) at 1450.

So offer me 1450 you piece of dog ****. ****.
I'm with you from a seller's perspective, but when buying I'm willing to make myself look a little *******ish to save a few bucks. I'm trying to teach my dad to ride my Ninja so I can sell it, I have a pretty serious ankle sprain and the doctor said it's likely to be 6 more weeks before I can walk comfortably without it rolling and up to a year or more before it tightens back up. I got into the battery and topped it off, took a charge and runs perfect.

Whoever else busted up their ankle and had to take off riding, I feel your pain. As soon as I'm unable to ride, I get all the motivation in the world to take her for a spin
Old 05-18-2013, 11:21 AM #1845
SmALLNipples
.haH.

Courtesy of chrono300 if anyone remembers him

Old 05-18-2013, 11:29 AM #1846
Stagger Lee

Wasn't he the **** ~5 years ago doing PB photography?
Old 05-18-2013, 11:31 AM #1847
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
I'm with you from a seller's perspective, but when buying I'm willing to make myself look a little *******ish to save a few bucks. I'm trying to teach my dad to ride my Ninja so I can sell it, I have a pretty serious ankle sprain and the doctor said it's likely to be 6 more weeks before I can walk comfortably without it rolling and up to a year or more before it tightens back up. I got into the battery and topped it off, took a charge and runs perfect.
1400 or 1500 would have been at least somewhat reasonable. The main thing that made me was when he wanted to argue back with KBB value after offering me 350 dollars under KBB value.

It's like hey, not only am I going to offer you a ****ty insulting amount, I'm going to confirm for you exactly how ****ty it is and then say it's reasonable.

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 05-18-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:43 AM #1848
Stagger Lee

$350 under is rough, and arguing (not haggling) with a seller is incredibly stupid if you want their bike. I started watching American Pickers, their negotiation skills are pretty legit, especially the line "you can't buy it and sell it"