Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 03:40 PM #106
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AABanned View Post
Inadequate brakes and outdated/poor suspension is a disaster waiting to happen for a beginner. And, I don't see why people think the power band on a 2-stroke is like hitting a nitro button and tripling the power.

I'd let Naumoff ride my bike, in fact if he's willing to come out to a track I will. I guarantee he'd be ok on it, even if he just putts around(who hasn't their first time on a bike?).
Yes, because stiff suspension, radical powerband, and brakes that will stop a bike on a dime are the best way for a beginner to learn how to ride a motorcycle. Yes, the power band on a 2 stroke is like hitting a nitro button, it's either on, or it's off.

Naumoff, go buy an R1.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2013, 03:53 PM #107
automagwarrior

has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
STFU about starting off on a dirtbike.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM #108
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What about starting off on a quad?
Old 01-15-2013, 05:04 PM #109
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Naumoff42 plays in the MiLP
Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Holy ****, I'm sorry that I even asked. I wasn't trying to start a war here. My step dad said it might be a good idea to get a small cheapo dirt bike that I could just ppractice with the clutch and ride around the backyard. Nothing serious at all. If the MSF course starts you out with no riding experience I probably won't buy a dirt bike then. He was telling me that it would be filled with people with experience riding already.

AAbanned, thank you for the offer on riding your bike and trying to help out so much.

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 PM #110
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
Holy ****, I'm sorry that I even asked. I wasn't trying to start a war here. My step dad said it might be a good idea to get a small cheapo dirt bike that I could just ppractice with the clutch and ride around the backyard. Nothing serious at all. If the MSF course starts you out with no riding experience I probably won't buy a dirt bike then. He was telling me that it would be filled with people with experience riding already.

AAbanned, thank you for the offer on riding your bike and trying to help out so much.
Your dad is right, there will be a lot of people there who already know how to ride who are only there because they have gotten tickets or are tired of sweating bullets when they ride by cops. That doesn't mean that it's not geared towards teaching new riders how to ride a motorcycle. Take it when the weather is nice, keep your eyes and ears open, stay relaxed, and you will be fine.

AA is giving you bad information.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:51 PM #111
automagwarrior

Most classes have one or two people only doing it to finally get a license. Don't let the intimidate you though because most of them aren't nearly as good of riders as they think they are. Most of the classes have 5 or so people with zero experience.

Tman is a whiney **** about dirt bikes.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 PM #112
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
Most classes have one or two people only doing it to finally get a license. Don't let the intimidate you though because most of them aren't nearly as good of riders as they think they are. Most of the classes have 5 or so people with zero experience.

Tman is a whiney **** about dirt bikes.
Mine was like the direct opposite, there were maybe 2 or 3 people there out of like, 10 of us who didn't have any experience, but none of them even opened their mouths to the new riders. I guess it depends on your area.

Also, eat a bag of dicks.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 PM #113
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania plays in the APPA D5 division
When I took the class, there was one dude that had been riding for years and never took a class. He got his license and started riding. He had developed some bad riding habits that got him in trouble in the class, mostly covering the front brake. But he still ended up passing easily. There was a lady in my class that withdrew herself even though she prolly would have passed, and this lady had ridden ***** with her husband to sturgis and Daytona, she just never learned to ride herself. The other 4 of us in the class were pretty much brand new to bikes, and except for the lady who withdrew herself, everyone passed the riding exam. You really don't need any experience to take it. You might even do better having none, as you'll be more apt to follow your rider coach's instructions.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 PM #114
xXinpayneXx
MW

I would have been on my face way more often if I started riding on my yz125 I had. That was a monster.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 PM #115
Diametunim

Diametunim owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Seconding the no riding experience thing. There were about 10 people in my class when I took it, 4 of them had no experience at all. The ones with no experience did better then the ones that supposedly had been riding for years. Hell one of the guys could hardly keep himself up on two wheels and work the clutch and he still passed.

The MSF isn't a big deal, go take it and I guarantee you will pass.

e: If you really feel you want some experience before you go take the class try picking up an older Yamaha TW200. They don't have much power, they're bullet proof and super easy to ride. Plus the thing is street legal so you could go putt around on some back roads if you wanted.

Last edited by Diametunim : 01-15-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 PM #116
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post

I say keep the mx bike as something else to do too.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM #117
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
AA is giving you bad information.
I fail to see how I have given bad information. Lmao.

Enlighten me please.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:13 PM #118
Rancid1845
Not Lazy........ Just Fat

Annual Supporting Member
Rancid1845 is playing at Living Legends VI
Rancid1845 plays in the APPA D5 division
Rancid1845 supports Empire
My first bike, still own it. Will eventually get a Harley but no rush.

T2 TOPGUN UNION
TOPGUN HOSTILE TAKEOVER
If it Shoots its "the ****"
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM #119
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄

paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
UPS lost my package with my new side fairing, air intake, and a ton of small parts in it.... :superdodgy:
Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 PM #120
automagwarrior

I just went through that. Ordered some parts from a vendor in the UK a week before thanksgiving. USPS lost them, then they miraculously appeared last week, addressed to my billing address, not my shipping address.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM #121
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄

paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
Really? So you actually got the parts eventually? The package was put on the truck to be delivered to my house Monday, then it miraculously disappeared... Truck driver said he never had it. This was after they ****ed up my request to hold the package for me at the facility so I could pick it up. Now it's lost, 13 days after it was shipped... Can't ride bike till they come and I'm getting very impatient...
Old 01-16-2013, 05:22 PM #122
automagwarrior

Yeah it took a ****ing act of congress. What I described was after I basically just gave up and said **** it. For a week I had to stop at three different post offices and no one could tell me anything.

More than likely it is sitting at some sorting facilits and someone is eventually going to find it and say "why is this here?" and you'll it the next day, whenever they decide that is.

Whenever I called the USPS main line they were less than useless.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 PM #123
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
any of you guys heard of bikesponsors.com? i know how it works and it is a bit odd but i filled out the app anyway and they offered me a $5k sponsorship. not sure if this is even worth looking in to or not though

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 PM #124
joeimpulse
EKK ELITE SOLDIER

joeimpulse is playing at Living Legends III
joeimpulse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
joeimpulse supports Team VICIOUS

2011 ZX6R, Only mods are a slip-on and fender elim/integrated tail.
Been riding for about 4 years now.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:04 PM #125
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
any of you guys heard of bikesponsors.com? i know how it works and it is a bit odd but i filled out the app anyway and they offered me a $5k sponsorship. not sure if this is even worth looking in to or not though
You have to pay them $140 to start... Not sure if they actually come through on their end...

If you have the cash burning a hole in your pocket, I say go for it and let us know how it turns out...

I'm looking into them right now as well.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 PM #126
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania plays in the APPA D5 division
Just did a lil digging on them... From the looks of it, you pay them, then you pick out parts you want in price ranges starting at $25, $50, $100, $200, etc. they start you out on the smaller items, and whatever the first part is, they have you do an intro video with a "shout out" to whatever company it is that makes that part. Once that video gets to 250 views, they send you the part, and you have to make another promo vid about that part. Then they send you the next part after that video gets so many views and so on. Basically, they are getting you parts with either big discounts or free, depending on how well you can make a commercial for said parts. But the intro fee is actually an annual fee, so if it takes you a while to get a bunch of views, you may end up paying $500 for a $5000 "sponsorship" that you don't ever get $5000 out of. If you've already got a big YouTube following, you could prolly make out pretty good on it, as long as people watch your commercials. But if they don't, you just paid $250 for a lanyard and a backpack. And the amount of the "introduction" fee is based on the level of "sponsorship" you get qualified for. It's like a percentage based thing.

Seems like it is actually a legit company, but if you aren't very good at self promotion, you'll end up getting ****ed pretty hard.
Closed Thread