Community Focus

Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM #1
EvanActon

EvanActon plays in the PSP
EvanActon plays in the MiLP
EvanActon plays in the APPA D4 division
High court rules in favor of pedophile

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01...onian-us-laws/

if he has a dual citizenship why wont great britian allow him to be extradited to serve trial in united states?

" The British court has nevertheless denied the U.S. extradition request because of its concern that, if returned, Sullivan would not receive fair treatment because the Minnesota civil commitment program for sex offenders could deprive him of his freedom and fundamental rights if the UK was to extradite him."

child molsetation is in my book one of the sickest crimes a human can commit, IMO he deserves to spend the majority of his life behind bars.

37% of teams have a fat kid on their team. if you are that fat kid put this in your sig
(\_/)
(o.o)
(> <)My Bunny's Gunna Kill You...
EvanActon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2013, 06:30 PM #2
Umami
AFK IRL

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanActon View Post
child molsetation is in my book one of the sickest crimes a human can commit, IMO he deserves to spend the majority of his life behind bars.
Are you willing to pay for that?

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 PM #3
ripdisc

ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I remember seeing the numbers it costs to actually put someone to death using the death penalty is more than just letting them live their life in prison because of all the crap they have to go through in court.

it would be expensive but if he assaulted your kid you would probably rather see him get what he has coming than think of him living his life without a care about it in another country.

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:52 PM #4
Umami
AFK IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
I remember seeing the numbers it costs to actually put someone to death using the death penalty is more than just letting them live their life in prison because of all the crap they have to go through in court.

it would be expensive but if he assaulted your kid you would probably rather see him get what he has coming than think of him living his life without a care about it in another country.
"Get what he has coming". What a childish way of looking at the world.

Ignoring for a moment that you're talking about vengeance and not justice, you're also going to pay $40k/year to lock him up and simultaneously writing off any tax revenue he would have generated.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 PM #5
ripdisc

like i said look at it like it was your kid he had his way with. you would think he deserves something weather you want to call it vengance or justice.

justice is probably hard to categorize. locking someone up for a year might not be justice to your little kid who doesnt sleep at night.

in the grand scheme i agree it would be expensive to deal with.
he sure isn't creating any tax revenue in the uk.

The Ripdisc Collection
Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 PM #6
rT159
BlackOps

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:

Because it should take 40 years to put someone to death after they've been sentenced.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:15 PM #7
Umami
AFK IRL

Quote:
like i said look at it like it was your kid he had his way with. you would think he deserves something weather you want to call it vengance or justice.

justice is probably hard to categorize. locking someone up for a year might not be justice to your little kid who doesnt sleep at night.

in the grand scheme i agree it would be expensive to deal with.
he sure isn't creating any tax revenue in the uk.
My apologies, I was thinking larger than this one case.

And I'm not sure how I would react if this happened to one of my kids. I suppose I would probably partially blame myself, deal with my kid, hope the guy does some time, pays for damages and gets professional help himself.

Locking him up for a prolonged period of time is short-sighted and doesn't solve anything. Clearly longer sentences don't act as deterrent for future crimes like this, so it's purely punitive and isn't addressing the problem.

Edit: An interesting article - http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/opinio...sky/index.html

Last edited by Umami : 01-14-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 PM #8
ripdisc

don't get me wrong i completely agree going after every person is asinine, but i try to look at things from as many points of view as i can. things like this bug me though. victimizing anyone is wrong weather its stealing or hurting little kids or killing someone.
people make mistakes and if you can rehabilitate them thats great.
i think a lot of people push the mental stuff too much. i know there are real problems like that but people need to learn morality and treat people how they would like to be treated. the article is interesting. not acting on that shows they can have some morality, but it's probably much deeper than that.

The Ripdisc Collection
Old 01-14-2013, 07:58 PM #9
Umami
AFK IRL

We could go a long way with de-stigmatization so people who struggle with pedophilia are more easily able to seek treatment. Seems like the best way to protect children.

On a side note, the sex offender registry is a terrible program. It literally forces stigma on a person, and in a huge number of cases people who are on it shouldn't be (a lot of cases of 16 year old sleeping with 18 year olds and similar). It has become simultaneously useless and shames people who need help.

Anywho, I've said all I'm going to.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 PM #10
EvanActon

EvanActon plays in the PSP
EvanActon plays in the MiLP
EvanActon plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Are you willing to pay for that?
No, but their fathers would do it free of charge.

37% of teams have a fat kid on their team. if you are that fat kid put this in your sig
(\_/)
(o.o)
(> <)My Bunny's Gunna Kill You...
EvanActon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 PM #11
Necropolis
yeah uh no

lame story. was hoping his name was Ped O. Phile but this is as sad as the title suggests.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:42 PM #12
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanActon View Post
i think the punishment for child molestation should be 1 night strapped to a chair with the victims father in the room
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote