Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-07-2013, 01:34 PM #22
licence2kill
POOP

Yeah, I'm kind of frustrated by this. The dems should have pushed harder for this and the GOP should've stopped screaming about higher taxes for the ultra-rich and demanded and pushed for this as well.

I'm not surprised though. Obama's a bad negotiator and the GOP is completely captured by the 1%.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 PM #23
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
Well looks like i'll be paying 2,000 more in taxes this year. I thought the whole point of this was so taxes wouldn't go up. We should have just gone off the cliff....at least we'd get some spending cuts out of it.
Guess what genius ... this IS a spending cut. You have just learned what happens when you let Republicans determine where to cut spending. If you don't like it, vote for Democrats. Republicans will put the burden on you.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM #24
Sh0ckw4v3
sh0ckw4v3

Sh0ckw4v3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sh0ckw4v3 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post

Seems like you can't do anything without someone *****ing about the status quo changing.
Thank you.
Hurricane Paintball Park, Palm Bay Florida
Battlefield Orlando (Formally OCP), Bithlo, Florida
Sh0ckw4v3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM #25
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Guess what genius ... this IS a spending cut. You have just learned what happens when you let Republicans determine where to cut spending. If you don't like it, vote for Democrats. Republicans will put the burden on you.
how is them not giving me back more of my own money a spending cut? How does that work. To me it seems like they will be left with more money to spend.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 PM #26
Umami
"That guy"

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
I don't want to pay more to a government that does a ****ty job with what I give them now.
No kidding. Veteran's benefits are expensive.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 PM #27
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
how is them not giving me back more of my own money a spending cut? How does that work. To me it seems like they will be left with more money to spend.
Tax cuts are spending. You know that deficit number you keep *****ing about? Tax cuts make it larger. In particular a payroll tax cut is actual spending because payroll taxes go toward mandatory funding, so any cut in payroll taxes must come out of general funds.

This is good, you are realizing the world is much more complicated than you thought and that you can pay a price for the politicians and policies you support. Feel the pain. Feel your brain rejecting your old false, constructed reality and realizing the way things actually are.

Oh and by the way, here's why Republicans didn't want to extend it: http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...urt-trust-fund

Last edited by drgonzo : 01-07-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:09 PM #28
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post

No kidding. Veteran's benefits are expensive.
I realize you are poking me in the eye, but that is a big deal.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 AM #29
Murph1329

Quote:
Tax cuts are spending. You know that deficit number you keep *****ing about? Tax cuts make it larger. In particular a payroll tax cut is actual spending because payroll taxes go toward mandatory funding, so any cut in payroll taxes must come out of general funds.

This is good, you are realizing the world is much more complicated than you thought and that you can pay a price for the politicians and policies you support. Feel the pain. Feel your brain rejecting your old false, constructed reality and realizing the way things actually are.

Oh and by the way, here's why Republicans didn't want to extend it: http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...urt-trust-fund

So it's not spending cuts at all then. It's just taking the money from somewhere else instead of the payroll tax. Maybe borrowing it and making the deficit go up as you stated. If that's true then i wish would would have gone off the cliff so the sequester could have truely reduced spending. A true reduction in spending would mean the government would need LESS money out of my taxes to operate, not more.

Maybe this is an outcome of the senate not passing a budget in over 4 years?
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 01-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:49 AM #30
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Maybe this is an outcome of the senate not passing a budget in over 4 years?
No... It's a result of the stimulus tax break going out of effect. Only that.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 PM #31
Murph1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
No... It's a result of the stimulus tax break going out of effect. Only that.
because the budget assumed that the stimulus tax break never existed causing the deficit to increase. This is why you need to update the budget to account for new tax laws, which we have not done in over 4 years.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
Old 01-08-2013, 01:21 PM #32
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
So it's not spending cuts at all then. It's just taking the money from somewhere else instead of the payroll tax. Maybe borrowing it and making the deficit go up as you stated. If that's true then i wish would would have gone off the cliff so the sequester could have truely reduced spending. A true reduction in spending would mean the government would need LESS money out of my taxes to operate, not more.
You have no understanding or capacity to understand. This is just babbling nonsense.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM #33
Murph1329

Quote:
You have no understanding or capacity to understand. This is just babbling nonsense.
how so?

you said the following in reference to the deficit...

Quote:
Tax cuts make it larger
I disagree. I understand your logic that there is no way to lower the deficit without paying it down using tax dollars but I disagree with the approach.

I get that removing the payroll tax allows us to throw more money at the deficit but once again I disagree with the approach.

Here's a novel idea....how about more people paying into the system? How about fixing the unemployement problems in America creating more tax payers. This would have the exact same effect without the need of increasing taxes.
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic

Last edited by Murph1329 : 01-08-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 PM #34
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
because the budget assumed that the stimulus tax break never existed causing the deficit to increase. This is why you need to update the budget to account for new tax laws, which we have not done in over 4 years.
This has nothing to do with the deficit. This has nothing to do with the budget. It is very very simple; You used to be taxes at a certain rate due to a tax break involved in the stimulus. That tax break went away and now you pay what you would have without the stimulus tax break. Period.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 PM #35
Murph1329

Quote:
This has nothing to do with the deficit. This has nothing to do with the budget. It is very very simple; You used to be taxes at a certain rate due to a tax break involved in the stimulus. That tax break went away and now you pay what you would have without the stimulus tax break. Period.
you and drgonzo are really stepping on each others toes...just face the facts liberals don't even know what the hell is going on
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM #36
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
You're doing a great job trying but its almost surely a waste of time, unfortunately.

Quote:
Well looks like i'll be paying 2,000 more in taxes this year. I thought the whole point of this was so taxes wouldn't go up. We should have just gone off the cliff....at least we'd get some spending cuts out of it.
Funny because of all the austerity nonsense spewed on radio and tv, when it comes time to vote our leaders realize how dangerous that kind of stuff is in the middle of a relatively fragile economy.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:29 PM #37
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
are you retarded? the CBO scores everything according to current law.

**** they even do alternative baselines as well
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 PM #38
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Here's a novel idea....how about more people paying into the system? How about fixing the unemployement problems in America creating more tax payers. This would have the exact same effect without the need of increasing taxes.
I 100% agree. Restorying the U.S. to full employment would have more effect than anything else in deficit reduction. Thats why we distinguish between our cyclical and structural deficit.

The problem, of course, is that the GOP doesn't want to solve our unemployment crisis. Otherwise they wouldn't be chastising the Fed and treasury for trying to pursue more accomadative policy.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 PM #39
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
I get that removing the payroll tax allows us to throw more money at the deficit
Complete, utter, cluelessness.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:55 PM #40
Murph1329

Quote:
Complete, utter, cluelessness.
so far drgonzo you've done a horrible job of proving any sort of point in this thread....why post?
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
pic
Old 01-08-2013, 05:50 PM #41
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
you and drgonzo are really stepping on each others toes...just face the facts liberals don't even know what the hell is going on
Gonzo is right, but that is the irrelevant to the point I am trying to make. Nothing we have said has contradicted one another...

Also, you completely dodged my point. Your taxes went up due to the stimulus tax breaks going away. Period.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:42 PM #42
licence2kill
POOP

Yep. And taxes on households earning over 400.000 went up because the bush tax cuts expired.