PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-31-2001, 12:28 AM #1
Scuba-Steve

has been a member for 10 years
what do you htink would help pball most

simple little input i wanna know about others, maybe industries will see it an take a que. anyway waht do you think will help companies and/or the sport grow the most (not how it looks, but what we can do to get word out). most say tv coverage, but i say stickers. i skateboard also which is teen dominated and EVERY company has stickers they give or sell cheap. you see stickers everywhere. some pball companies sell but JT charges liek 4 bucks a sheet. i think companies liek pball gear.com and stuff should just send free stickers with every order.

"First breath born come alive learn to kill" - Slayer
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2001, 01:36 AM #2
brink

I dont really think the stickers help that much. Skatboarding has had a lot more time to grow than paintball has. Maybe in like a decade paintball will be just as big and have its own place in the Xgames.
Old 05-31-2001, 09:28 AM #3
sorisko

Paiontball is gowing at a HUGE rate... We just passed Snowboarding as an alternative sport... There are about 67,000 guns sold per month in the US (paintball guns) Our sport is played in over 104 different countries... We are getting reconized more and more these days, just give it some time and we will be everywhere
Old 05-31-2001, 11:01 AM #4
DarkReign
Jay N Silnt Bob, recogniz

its large, but i dont think its growing as fast as it could grow. the reason its larger than snowboarding is because snowboarding you can do for 4 months out of the year. paintball is year round. any other ideas?

"Dwell in the depths of the darker self at any shore of infinity.
And watch the relentless paint the soil black.
What is being formed echos throughout eternity.
As the painter chooses color no more."
(Dimmu Borgir - The Maelstrom Mephisto)
Old 05-31-2001, 11:20 AM #5
sorisko

Depending on where you live its only 4 months... Here in VT you snowboard for probably 8 or 9 months, and paintball the other 3... You really cant play paintball in the winter here... too much snow, and even when there is not snow its only 30o outside...
Old 05-31-2001, 03:30 PM #6
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I think the biggest thing that could help paintball grow would be to get more people to play at fields than play "war' in the woods. Cause when people think of paintball they assume: Army, Guns, Snipers, Death etc... This is the image we need to drop in order for mainstream forms of media can showcase it better. And get the whole Rambo image out of the picture. Also a money tree would help paintball cause I spend WAY to much $$$ on it.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 05-31-2001, 04:24 PM #7
Budha
Paint Slüt

Why do you want our sport to grow? What else could it do? We already have enough people and eh, it is a touchy subject that no one agrees upon. What would we do if so many poeple new started. We woudl ahve to rebuild fields, have the tournaments even bigger which would suck and it just wouldnt be good. Paintball wouldnt be the "extreme" thing to do anymore. Just something that eveyrone does and everyone knows what it is.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 05-31-2001, 04:29 PM #8
ToiletSiphon

More affordable paint!

And Budha, I don't agree with you. The sport would stay as fun as it is right now. I don't play paintball because I want to look extreme or different, I play paintball because I love the game. And I love the game even more when I have a lot of people to play with. It's better to have many people, tons of new gear, new and differents fields everywhere than staying underground.
Old 05-31-2001, 04:44 PM #9
Python14
As much as I don't like it, the way to help paintball expand is to make it more athletic. I love wearing my camos as much as the next guy but we need to have a cleaner image than we have currently. No single thing will ever make p-ball grow like crack in Colombia. We need to get rid of the negative pictures that the general public recieves. Speedball is the way the wind is blowing right now and again, as much as a dislike it, it is for the better. We need a good clean cut image for a while. We need to look like a professional baseball team when we pop up on TV. It's for the better of our sport.

Old 05-31-2001, 06:49 PM #10
I Am God

I say if it was on regular TV, not cable, paintball would grow the most...if we get enough people to start playing paintball and it becomes very popular the government will have a harder time trying to get rid of paintballing.
Old 05-31-2001, 07:31 PM #11
Will

Budha I do not agree with you. The only places paintball is a major industry are around huge cities like througout California, Chicago, and the New York areas. Well, I live in Alabama, and there is only one established field within an hour drive of my house, and it was only set up last month. Outlaw paintball is the big thing around here. I would love to see more fields and the sport grow down here. It's surprising that not more of an effort has been made to bring paintball here, being that I live in one of the top 3 fastest growing counties in the nation.

Will
Old 05-31-2001, 07:39 PM #12
FireViper
Mobile Bunker

A couple of things could be done like the TV idea. Also ever been to a fair where they had a BMX demo if they could figur eout an easy way to do this that's safe it would probably help the sport grow or at leat get a good public image. Another thing is making it less expensive to play (paint, guns, clothes,etc) the only downside to ths is that people who don't know about the need for safety may look upon the lower priced guns as toys but inexpensive guns have always been around.