Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 PM #1
amossbur
When did he get married?
 
amossbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 703
amossbur donated to help Peyton Trent
amossbur is for the Gunfight
amossbur supports Pev's Paintball
amossbur plays in the APPA D5 division
Short Barrel

So I've taken on a project to make my tracer (new style) into a pistol. I've been messing around with a few ideas on a pump handle, but am having trouble with a barrel for it. Seeing as the breech is threaded at the end, I would need to thread a barrel onto it.

Does anyone know where I could find a short barrel (2"-4") Or how to mod an existing barrel to that length?

Thanks ahead of time.
__________________
Killing for Iron Legion
amossbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 PM #2
FalconPunchKid
UNKOWN
 
FalconPunchKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. Louis
Annual Supporting Member
FalconPunchKid is BST Legit
FalconPunchKid is playing at Living Legends VII
FalconPunchKid plays in the APPA D4 division
FalconPunchKid supports DLX Technology
FalconPunchKid supports Empire
Why such a sort barrel?
__________________
⚓US NAVY⚓
They call me "DOC"
PROUD LUXE OWNER

Anthony Antle
FalconPunchKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 PM #3
theblindchicken
49'er
 
theblindchicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Beach, CA
theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by amossbur View Post
So I've taken on a project to make my tracer (new style) into a pistol. I've been messing around with a few ideas on a pump handle, but am having trouble with a barrel for it. Seeing as the breech is threaded at the end, I would need to thread a barrel onto it.

Does anyone know where I could find a short barrel (2"-4") Or how to mod an existing barrel to that length?

Thanks ahead of time.
You could go the incredibly cheap way and cut it with (choose your favorite): Band saw, hack saw, pipe cutter.. Then debur it, sand to 2000 grit, buff, polish.

Or you can have someone cut it off more precisely and cleanly with a lathe or mill.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 AM #4
amossbur
When did he get married?
 
amossbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 703
amossbur donated to help Peyton Trent
amossbur is for the Gunfight
amossbur supports Pev's Paintball
amossbur plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPunchKid View Post
Why such a sort barrel?
wanting to make it a lot shorter and smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
You could go the incredibly cheap way and cut it with (choose your favorite): Band saw, hack saw, pipe cutter.. Then debur it, sand to 2000 grit, buff, polish.

Or you can have someone cut it off more precisely and cleanly with a lathe or mill.
Ya, I thought about that. I've been trying to find the extremely short freak tips. Or, I may get my hands on a python kit or Ifit kit since they are so small and then cut down a barrel to make a tip for it
__________________
Killing for Iron Legion
amossbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM #5
SKI008
Fear my Join Date
 
SKI008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
I know Doc Nickel made some short freak tips in the day you could try emailing him (docsmachine.com). Believe it was called the "flashpoint"
__________________
This line is in remembrance of Jared Wilson, friend and paintball teammate who died on 7/27/2005.
My Old Feedback +1/-0 |
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:07 AM #6
amossbur
When did he get married?
 
amossbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 703
amossbur donated to help Peyton Trent
amossbur is for the Gunfight
amossbur supports Pev's Paintball
amossbur plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
I know Doc Nickel made some short freak tips in the day you could try emailing him (docsmachine.com). Believe it was called the "flashpoint"
Thanks, I'll check into that. I think I've secured either an ifit kit or python kit, and then i will just modify an a/c barrel that threads into that to be shorter
__________________
Killing for Iron Legion
amossbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump