PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-06-2013, 01:29 PM #1
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

Macro/fitting leak, bad fitting?

Sigh, buying used...

I'm not a very techy guy so I need help with this simple thing.

I got a DM8 yesterday and it worked just fine, couldn't hear any leaks. I air it up today and the fitting on the HPR is leaking quite a lot. Wiggling it around (a lot) helps reduce the leak a lot but never completely, but I can't have something unreliable like that. I used another piece of macroline that works fine with my vintage matrix, I tried to swap them around, no matter what it's always the same fitting that leaks from the macroline end.

I tried dropping some lube in the fitting and but didn't help. What should I try now?
Djzapz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 PM #2
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Make sure the hose is cut flat and is in good shape. There is an 010 o-ring inside the fitting that you can replace as well. Remove it with a pick, don't try to disassemble the fitting.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 PM #3
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Make sure the hose is cut flat and is in good shape. There is an 010 o-ring inside the fitting that you can replace as well. Remove it with a pick, don't try to disassemble the fitting.
Correct most of the time it's the oring in the fitting.. you can get a pack of 100 for 3 bucks, they're quick disconnect orings

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM #4
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

God this is a pain, lol. Alright so I'm kind of a fan of instant gratification (guilty). I went to my proshop and replaced the fitting - everything works just fine with the stuff at the proshop with 1 new fitting and the old ASA's fitting which I didn't have issues with before. I get back home - ASA's fitting leaks.

Great.

The only difference is the tank, which I assume shouldn't change anything. It's a LP tank... so I'm kinda stumped. Is it possible that the tank pushes out too much air?

Last edited by Djzapz : 01-06-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:31 PM #5
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djzapz View Post
God this is a pain, lol. Alright so I'm kind of a fan of instant gratification (guilty). I went to my proshop and replaced the fitting - everything works just fine with the stuff at the proshop with 1 new fitting and the old ASA's fitting which I didn't have issues with before. I get back home - ASA's fitting leaks.

Great.

The only difference is the tank, which I assume shouldn't change anything. It's a LP tank... so I'm kinda stumped. Is it possible that the tank pushes out too much air?
No... if the "FITTING" is leaking, it's either macroline to short, or the fitting itself needs teflon tap on the threads, and or the 010 oring is bad there is no other option for it to leak

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM #6
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

Well since wiggling it helps I assume it's at the connection between the macroline and the fitting. The cut is clean.

There was no leak with the other tank and I didn't touch anything
Old 01-06-2013, 06:08 PM #7
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djzapz View Post
Well since wiggling it helps I assume it's at the connection between the macroline and the fitting. The cut is clean.

There was no leak with the other tank and I didn't touch anything
If you can move the macro line and it stops it's the oring inside the fitting.. try switching the macro line around from front/back to back/front Not the fitting. then replace the 010 oring

Owner/home field.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 PM #8
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

Alright, I don't see it but I'll try to figure it out. Thank you good sir.

Edit: Oh well, I tried but I don't see any o-rings on there and I can't seem to figure out where an oring is supposed to be in the fitting.

Last edited by Djzapz : 01-06-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 AM #9
Mitznal
Team Incarnate

Mitznal is a Supporting Member
The oring he is talking about is the one in the swivel. Just remove the end cap and the swivel will slip right off. If replacing the oring doesnt fix the problem put teflon tape on both fitting to ensure a good fit.
Mitznal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM #10
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitznal View Post
The oring he is talking about is the one in the swivel. Just remove the end cap and the swivel will slip right off. If replacing the oring doesnt fix the problem put teflon tape on both fitting to ensure a good fit.
I hate people who put teflon tap on the macroline lol.. basically look at your swivel on your fitting, take a flat head screw driver and stick it on the end cap and pry up, the endcap will come out, and inside there should be a black 010 oring

Owner/home field.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:54 PM #11
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

Thank you guys.