Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-07-2014, 10:27 AM #757
Youman1012

Went to my girlfriend's dad's tree line for a field. Friend and I stated a match and he walked straight down the middle. Had 6 shots in 1-2 seconds a few on the mask, the legs, and the chest.
Youman1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2014, 01:28 PM #758
GhostJedai
I push buttons

Annual Supporting Member
GhostJedai is BST Trusted
GhostJedai has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai is attending Decay of Nations VII
GhostJedai supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke94133 View Post
Not a n00b, but my buddy pulled the pin on a paint grenade. Not the Tippman ones but the ones that actually exploded. I forgot what they were called or who made them. Any way, he pulled the pin, said fire in the hole and it blew up as he was holding it. There was orange toilet paper all over him.
So, about 8 years ago, now, my buddies and I are at a scenario game. As such, I bought an entire case of the Big Boy grenades (now made by both Empire and Tippmann). Use is easy: take out of plastic, throw in a high arc (like a real grenade), watch paint fly. Well, my friends didn't realize this and both of them figured they had to take off the rubber band holding the tubing together. One of them actually came up to me, live one in hand with his fingers desperately holding the tubing together, asking me what to do next. I simply backed away, told him to throw it, and started cracking up. After he threw it, it traveled maybe 2 feet from his hand before spraying everywhere.
Christ Krew #17

GhostJedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:54 PM #759
HerpaDerpa
I'm pretty frisky

HerpaDerpa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HerpaDerpa has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HerpaDerpa has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
HerpaDerpa supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedihippie View Post
There was a new guy at the field today, this kid is fast and someone convinced him he would be good at playing snake, I'll give him the credit due that he is actually pretty good. It was his 2nd time on a speedball field today and he was learning how to dive into snake. Me as a photographer couldnt pass this up so I saw where he was diving and lined up the shots.

here are 3 quick shots, the launch, the OMG CORE SAMPLE RAGE, and the facepalm. if you click on the picture it will bring you to the next one.

https://www.facebook.com/inspirepbz/...type=3&theater
saw this one play out the other day at my field, actually, kid nailed himself in the jaw on the dive, and when he was raging, he accidentally squeezed the trigger and let one off point blank into the ref who was checking on him
HerpaDerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:24 PM #760
beastmode2112
BANG

beastmode2112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I was playing on an air force paintball field and there were 2 marines who thought they were all bad*** because well they were marines (they just got in probably both 19). So one of them came up to me and a group I was talking to and was like "y'all ain't gonna shoot me, my gun is super amazing with super good range!" (his marker was a rental custom 98) so the game began and we DESTROYED them. No chance.
beastmode2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:26 PM #761
beastmode2112
BANG

beastmode2112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Again on the same field some 10 year old started popping paintballs and putting the paint on his face like Rambo
beastmode2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:52 PM #762
Simi Baller
Pillow Fort Architect

Simi Baller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I love when kids come up to me and talk about paintball (I'm no pro, I'm fifteen, but I've got a cool gun that catches a lot of looks), and they always start talking about how expensive paintball is. Then they start throwing paint on the ground and laugh when it breaks as they waste nickel after nickel.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:50 PM #763
Craptacular001
Bad Speler

Annual Supporting Member
Craptacular001 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Craptacular001 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Craptacular001 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Craptacular001 supports DLX Technology
Craptacular001 supports Empire
I wasn't a noob at all at this point, but still did something stupid. On a cocker I had a ball break so I shot it, turned the gun over, swabbed it and the put my hand over the barrel and pulled the trigger to clear the holes in the barrel.... Cockers are closed bolt guns... I should have turned it over.. Then shot it... Then swabbed it... Shot another time.. Then cleared the holes.., instead I shot myself in the hand at point black range... I couldn't close my hand for a week....
Craptacular001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:16 PM #764
Jairman
Play hard win hard

Jairman is playing at Living Legends VII
So im 15 and i got this 10'year old kid to play with menlast week, i told him verytime you win a game you get a 10 dollar credit called a
V-card, so we win a game and i told him to go claim his v card
So he goes up to the reff and asks for
His v card and the look on the refs face was priceless
Old 05-07-2014, 09:18 PM #765
Jairman
Play hard win hard

Jairman is playing at Living Legends VII
Or when im chronographing my gun and a noob asks me if thats the shooting range or target practice
Old 05-08-2014, 02:44 PM #766
HazMat725

HazMat725 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HazMat725 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbug View Post
We brought a church group out to play once and the youth leader's brother got kicked off the field because he kept taking his mask off. Even when I was playing back when I was 7 years old, I always kept my mask on. I don't get why some people have such a hard time understanding this simple rule
Im sure if they got accidentally shot in the face when they took that mask off, they would never take it off again after that.

----------------------------------------------------
DARKSIDERS PAINTBALL
Valken Corp Great Lakes - "Whatever It Takes!"
United Paintball Club Member #043
HazMat725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:21 PM #767
Fliby

Fliby has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I saw someone on the other team do a barrel roll.Then his pods came out,and his paint dropped.
Fliby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:30 PM #768
jhopper31

Worst thing I've done as a noob while I was standing on the sidelines after I got out I was inbetween two building while two guys were in a gunfight and I was in the perfect spot that when one of them went to the next building the spray of paint that followed him connect strait into my nuts because I didn't realize I was directly in the line of fire
jhopper31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:40 PM #769
BadLT

Team Deathmatch scenario. I'm on a team with 4 guys, ages 14-20 and they immediately set up at the back of the field in corners. Meanwhile, the other team pushes forward and just litters with paint.

I get shot out a bunch of times. These kids were all hiding. 1 kid was shoved in a corner of a bunker, not moving like he was shell shocked in a world war 1 trench. The rest of them were hiding and eventually another player from the other team just walked up and mercied them all.

I was running around get shot to **** because these idiots wouldn't move or play. I don't understand... it's unlimited lives, paintballs don't kill you, but these kids just hunkered down and hid. shame.
BadLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:18 AM #770
jdoghubb
AZ Paintball 105+ Degrees

jdoghubb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchetwarrior1246 View Post
Also I had a game, fathers vs sons, they let me play with the sons team cause "they needed the help"

I didnt play really, just sat at home with my pump, but before the break I made a perfect strategy due to the fact I had played all week on the layout for a tournament. I sent the kids off on the break and all I yelled the rest of the game was "feast my minions!"

The ref couldn't breath

I dont care... this is the best...

Phoenix Fatalysts #12
Luxe 2.0/CCM T2 Rotor/Revvy 45/4500
AZ Player?
Arizona Paintball And Airsoft B/S/T on Facebook.
jdoghubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:30 PM #771
mtexter

Used to play woodsball a lot when i was in high school, and we always had new players coming over to play, but they never had gear! So we would use ski goggles in place of masks. Was no big deal, until one day someone took a yellow paintball at about 300 fps to the teeth. That was quite a sight.
mtexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:01 AM #772
Morthic

This is something that I actually did my second time on a field (about a month ago, now.)

One of the fields at my local paintball place has an attack/defend field - the attackers' goal is to run down the field (towards a two story building facade) and snatch two flags that rest on two PVC pipe posts in front of the facade. They also have a resurrection stick at the top of the field - if killed they go back, tap the stick, then return to play. The defenders hole up in the facade and aim to run out the time (10 minutes.)

So. I go on the field with a group of fellow rental players (I didn't have my own gun yet), and we were going up against a group much better outfitted than us (I know there was at least a pair of Etek 4s, an Ion and an A5 with a Flatline on the other team, as well as two rental guns.). We defended first and managed to hold them off - though across our team of six we went through a grand total of I think 20 pods just trying to keep them from moving up.

Comes time to attack. I look at my friend and say, 'hey, want to do something stupid with me?'
"Sure."
'We're going to run the flag.'
"Run the flag?"
'You take left, I'll take right, spray as you go and run like there's a fire under your ***'

Whistle blows. Our team covers us and we take off. He stops halfway downfield and takes cover before any paint is even flying our way. I sprint down the hill and snatch one of the flags, swing wide, and start sprinting towards the other - at about this point the guys on the second story of the building notice me. They start unloading at me as fast as they can, I get to the second flag...and miss my snatch at it. I feel my tank bump the post as I keep running - lest I get nailed by at least two streams - and hear the whistle blow. I stop (stupidly) when the whistle blows and get three trackmarks along my back as the guys catch up to me. I turn around to look at the ref and I see that the second flag was on the ground - my tank hit it as I ran past. I looked into the building and the defending team was just staring at me dumbfounded and my team was up the hill laughing their ***** off.

It is at this point I feel I should note that I'm a bulky, 300 pound dude and have no idea how they didn't paint me head to toe on the first flag.
Morthic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:56 AM #773
Tombstone82

Annual Supporting Member
Tombstone82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
A few years back while at a scenario game, I had regrouped with about 10 or so other players to make a new plan. While we were standing there talking, 5 or 6 young players(around 15ish) came off of a trail about 30 yards away, and just stood there looking at us. It was funny as hell watching them run away, when I yelled "GET 'EM" and the rest of the guys I was with starting running after them letting out battle cries.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:59 AM #774
Tombstone82

Annual Supporting Member
Tombstone82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclone1 View Post
I love the new players who have no fear. I once saw a kid about 12 who walked about 100 yrds. across an open part of the field walked to the bunker in the way back where one of the tournament players were just spraying paint and not moving, and the kid went past his bunker looked left then looked right, saw him and jumped at him and rambo'd him.
I have story thats similar. I XO'd a game a year and a half ago. My CO and I were wondering why we were seeing this new player with a rental marker keep walking back to the deadbox after being out on the field for a few minutes. After a fashion the reports were coming in about the newbie with a rental that kept charging one of the fields home teams that was on the opposing side. The next time i seen him walking back to the deadbox, we called him over and asked him why? His reply was "because it's fun!!!". That's the only game I've been to where a brand new first game player earned the MVP award.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:35 AM #775
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Playing ironman I was laser focused on the opposing player in front of me who had a maxed out ego or something. Didn't want him to get the jump on me first, so I was trying to keep him back until we could get more players to back me up. Needed cover fire so I could bunker him and continue shooting, knowing that I had dudes to back me up in case the guy didn't submit.

It was unfortunate this rental shot me in the foot three times. I turned and looked at him being completely compromised and exposed. Had it been a normal game, that would of been a great move. He had no support and I believe he didn't realize at that moment the game was ironman. I fired a slow volley of constant paint into him until he submitted. I hit him 3-5 times. During that game I was hit approximately 30-40 times total as I submitted each person.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 06-15-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:42 PM #776
BallsAcrossUrNose

Something's wrong with my Gun

Warning 1st never shoot without eye protection
2nd Don't look down the barrel with ur finger on the trigger turn the gun off
Un screw the barrel

Now this kid learns the hard way

http://http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRRmlZMZQM8
BallsAcrossUrNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:47 PM #777
bamalt1

I played a game of speedball with a buddy who was around 300 lbs. As he takes off on the break, he trips and does a front flip while getting lit up the entire time.
bamalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote