Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-09-2015, 11:56 AM #1
Revo334

Worst thing anyone has ever done to you on the Paintball Field

Since there is already a thread about the worst thing you've done on the field, I decided to start this thread because I couldn't find one like it. I'll go first, and this happened to me yesterday. During the first game of the day my gun had broke, so I was using a rental for the rest of the day. In the second-to-last game of the day, we were playing center flag in a make-shift town. Over half my team was kids ages 7-12 with rentals, and the other team was stacked with speedball and experienced players. During the game, me and one of the speedball players both popped out from the same corner of a building and he shot my tank point-blank. I backed behind the wood so I didn't get shot anymore and called myself out several times. The shot to the tank sounded like an actual bullet hit a piece of metal, and my friend on the other side of the town even heard it. As I was starting to walk off he popped around the corner and practically touched his barrel to my chest and fired a few rounds. After that I watched him walk behind our team and start shooting several kids that had no idea he was there at point-blank range. After that I was pretty pissed, and since the other team was dominating the person running everything let me go back out. I saw the same guy go behind the building. He popped out again and I shot him twice with my rental at about 20 feet before he started laying into me. I started telling him he was out but he just kept shooting me and he probably hit me about 25 times before the ref that was standing right there made him get out. Can't wait until next time when i can use my own gun again and put a few hoppers into him.
Revo334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2015, 01:50 PM #2
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Some psychopathic kid, he had to be a psychopath the way he acted.

This old school former team rage retired pro backman was on his team in the woods. My plan was to go the opposite direction of this backman I was worried about. I took out two or three players really fast like I usually do down the tapeline. The backman was laying into my team on the opposite side like he usually does with the case of paint he carries on his back. I thought I just had to finish off one more guy before I disappeared behind the other team and flanked the vet I was worried about. Just one more kid who had a mullet in my way. I fired three rounds into him, they all connected. He kept shooting inaccurately and terrible. I called for the ref to get him out, but the ref was really lazy.

Oh well, I'll handle this myself. I fire five more rounds, all of them connecting. Now the cheater will go out. No he stays there hip firing at me. The kid I was training to be a frontman on my own team slides into the same bunker as me and asks what I am dealing with. "This kid man, we need to both unload on him at the same time or this backman is going to take us both out, we don't have much time. On the count of three waste this kid." At the count of three we both unload everything we have, the kid with an eblade, and me with an autococker. Weird kid get's covered in paint all over his face everywhere. He stays in the game, I was about to go bunker him and force him out, but what prevents me from doing anything else is he takes off his mask in the middle of the game and keeps shooting us. I push the kid beside me barrel down hard and tell him to stop shooting and we both yell at the top of our lungs for a ref. Finally the ref moseys on over and upon seeing the idiot firing at us without a mask yanks him off the field. By that time the backman we were worried about made it behind us. We took out everyone else on the backman's team, but he was still alive unloading everything he had on us. Eventually the kid on my team was eliminated and I was pinned to the tree I dove behind unable to go anywhere by the sheer ROF of this dude until one paintball squeezed through a crack and got me.

After the game we were livid. I didn't cuss at the time, but the kid I was training did. He asked the psychopathic kid what the **** his problem was. The kid said he would beat him up and kill him. He didn't even care that he had tons of paint all over him. I said, "What the heck? It's just a game and you were cheating!" It was then the frontman trainee turned to me and said, "That dude is a future serial killer." I just agreed with him. Thankfully that was our last game.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 08-09-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:50 PM #3
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
I've had people over shoot me, clearly wipe hits, play on, Yada Yada. I just make a note of it for the next game and leave them for last. When people ask why I just mopped through all the rec players instead of letting them play some, I point out the cheater/problem player to them and let them know he/she is the issue. Now everyone on both teams is against that one person for ruining everyone's fun. It seems to work well. Problem person leaves, we all start having fun again.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:42 PM #4
Sydarm
accountant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo334 View Post
I started telling him he was out but he just kept shooting me and he probably hit me about 25 times before the ref that was standing right there made him get out. Can't wait until next time when i can use my own gun again and put a few hoppers into him.
Play somewhere else. If the only way you can stop someone like that is to physically attack them, then it is not a worthy location to spend your money playing paintball. It would appear that the refs/owner don't care at all. If they actually do care, then inform them and make them handle it.

I have a feeling that most of the situations to be presented in this thread are the type of things where the owner/ref should kick a player off the field.

And I've done this kind of retaliation before, and I honestly end up feeling a little bad as those jackasses always suck too and then they ***** and you seem like the bad guy. And that game, you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
I've had people over shoot me, clearly wipe hits, play on, Yada Yada. I just make a note of it
Oh, I note it as well. Then I get in their face in the pits. If they don't convince me that the crap will end, then I get management involved. I play walkon amongst renters most often, and this kind of behavior is even more reprehensible here than against experienced players on an airball field, where perhaps the on-field punishment has some validity.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:14 AM #5
paintballcrazy94

paintballcrazy94 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
paintballcrazy94 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Overshooting and pod thiefs.... :l
Old 08-10-2015, 11:27 AM #6
bobbi6kills

I had a little punk kid shoot my barrel before the game even started. Worst thing, he was on my team an was showing off. I'm 30 years old and to have a teenager trying but be cool in front of other rec's set me off. He constantly shoots his own team in the back and acts like it was their fault for being in his way. I get super heated but I keep in mind he is just a kid.

Worst thing you can do on the field is go out there and act like your a badass because you play speed ball. Really ruins the experience for the first timers and rec's which may prevent them from coming back to try again. Can't grow the sport that way...
bobbi6kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:23 PM #7
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

It is interesting when you sandbag. On the other team is a person that is a pure bully and will win at whatever cost. Your skill is so far above this person, no matter how much he cheats, you will literally force him off the field despite his wiping. If you ever manage to do this to a blatant cheating alpha male *******, I want to hear your story on how to deal with these guys. Because every time I force them off the field (compromising angle bonusball, if he leaves his compromised bunker, the rest of your team will light him up even more) despite massive cheating, the game is stopped (by the *******) and this guy ruins your reputation somehow. The best way I was able to avoid this so far, is after destroying him, disappear fast. If he can't find someone to blame, there is nothing he can do. I tried to confront the bully, but it seems like it almost comes to blows everytime. I don't want to get kicked off the field, so I just leave.

It's either he attacks you for overshooting him, or he cheats like hell and plays on. You can't win the argument because the guy is a screamer and won't let you talk. He turns a game into a fight and assaults you technically (by the law assault is a threat of attack) by threatening to beat you up or kill you.

This happened to the old backman I talked about earlier. Some mil-sim player thought he was a warrior or something. He was shot a total of three times (this is normal to me) and threatened to break the vet's hands if he ever saw him again. This particular warrior wannabe did not help build the outlaw field. It was the first day he was on the field. It's tough when some random vindictive weirdo shows up on your field and starts fights. The retired backman did the same thing I did, he just left. I suppose this is the best path to take.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 08-10-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:01 PM #8
Sydarm
accountant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
I tried to confront the bully, but it seems like it almost comes to blows everytime. I don't want to get kicked off the field, so I just leave.

You can't win the argument because the guy is a screamer and won't let you talk.
Use some tact. Do not be a fight-monger or wimp. If they aren't going to cut it out, involve management. If you leave, then they are driving away customers. Management should (either know already or) be made aware of this. It helps if you are a regular customer who does not cause undue trouble, of course.

It's not about winning an argument. You should be trying to enjoy yourself and make sure that everybody else is by doing what needs to be done to get the jerk to either comply with the rules or be given the boot.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:03 AM #9
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

That sounds like a valid option, but usually these dudes have some clout. Like they are on the field sponsored tournament team, a ref of the field(unusual case), or a small business owner. Also some of the confrontations happen on an outlaw field. If someone decides something is wrong, and doesn't agree with everyone else, all he has to do is scream, yell, and cause a scene. This may be why, they have clout in the first place and it may be most unwise to lose your ability to show up on the field. The problem is I am a ghost that travels from field to field as soon as people start recognizing me. No one knows me on either team when these confrontations happen, because I sandbagged successfully onto the team that was thought to be stacked against. It is only then that I realize that the reason the other team keeps losing. That one alpha male that wipes every single hit and always wins. He surrounds himself with the best players thinking he is going to win, which is why he is incredibly pissed when it doesn't go his way. Often before I can do anything he slanders me to everyone he can talk to, before I even get off the field.

When I do have the support of refs and players who know me, the confrontation never happens. The refs just laugh the alpha male off the field. It is usually the last game I am able to play however. Because he insures that I am never able to go up against him again.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 08-11-2015 at 05:12 AM.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:09 AM #10
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Not that bad or anything, but playing walk on games, this group of kids who had several electros always got together on a team, and the rest of us had all mech guns. It was so lame. Changed my perspective on paintball for sure. From now on I strongly feel that paintball as a sport needs either limited paint rules or ROF caps in order to attract more players.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:59 PM #11
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Yeah it's just stupid some moron unloading at the max ROF on rentals and then over celebrating like they just won the world championship. Kind of hilarious.

I tried to sandbag with a rental against this muscular wannabe frontman guy that just pulverized the rentals running through and bunkering kids. But the stupid rental shutdown before I could prove a point. He took full advantage of it of course. I managed to get the rental up and running in the middle of the game and eliminate him a few times 1 vs 1, but he just looked like the better player because of the constant failures of the rental marker. It was that day that I decided I wasn't going to sandbag using a rental anymore. It could be a pump marker, and I would of taken that guy out easily; if it just shot one paintball, that guy would be gone. But no...absolute failure. Thanks field staff.

I was more successful sandbagging with my own properly maintained minicocker. These kids with ramping high ROF markers were screaming at the top of their lungs at these poor rentals to get out with cursing. Man it was hilariously stacked and these rampers acted like a crime was committed against them for almost getting shot out (they wiped their hits). Imagine a high pitched squeaky scream, "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!" Me and another dude on the sidelines couldn't stop laughing at the hilarity of it all. "Geez kid, it's just a game. Settle down...take a chill pill or something." I mean it sounded as if the little rental kids killed the ramper's mother or something all the while a hailstorm of paint was flying only from their side.

I was able to vindicate the rentals that day and successfully sandbagged onto their team.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 08-11-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:32 PM #12
SamBahler

Shot on the sidelines

My bro was facing a guy (1v1) in the final round and I happened to be on the sideline watching these guys go at it. I was perpendicular to these guys and somehow my bros paintball shot curved and hit me in the sack. Oh boy did that hurt
SamBahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:03 PM #13
Mock17

I was on an outlaw field this one time and was eliminated. As I was walking down this rather steep hill back to the "staging area", in the open, with my marker held high, I looked left and saw one player from the opposing team behind a large tree. We made eye contact, I gave a slight nod and a wave with my offhand and kept walking down the hill (Marker still pointed to the clouds). He lifted his marker and shot me in the side of the head. I walked right on over and asked what the hell his problem was.
It seems that these players only understood you having your hand in the air as being out. Not all the other incredibly obvious signs. I was furious though when it happened. It just seemed insulting, like a smack in the face.
Mock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:11 AM #14
Alpha Six

Alpha Six has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Alpha Six has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I got shot in the dick once. The ball felt like a marble when it hit me and it hurt like a mofo.

Ref: "Did you try setting it to Wumbo?"
Alpha Six is offline   Reply With Quote