Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM #1
Dennis Martinez
dmartinez 618KIDZ

Dennis Martinez plays in the PSP
Dennis Martinez supports Pev's Paintball
Dennis Martinez supports Empire
School and Paintball

Dennis Martinez St. Louis HuSTLe Paintball Organization

Knowing that I played tournament paintball, the school I work at as a junior high language arts teacher, asked me if I would like to create a dinner auction event for the students to play paintball. The school needed an auction item that was interesting for the upper grade kids, not some cute little activity that they would think they are too old to do. What better way to promote the sport we all love! I was honored with the opportunity to present paintball to the kids. Living in the Belleville, Illinois area, we are fortunate enough to have one of the greatest Midwest paintball fields in our back yard, Xtreme Paintball Park. I contacted the owner Tore Briguglio and we set up a day for them. The kids were so excited, and the school along with parent sponsors to pay for the event had set up 24 students to play. At the auction, it sold out immediately.

The reason for setting up a paintball day at my school was simple; they are the future of our sport. Every one of the kids knew what paintball was, some of them even tried shooting a paintball gun for the first time weeks before at Xtreme’s Zombie Halloween Hay Ride. However, for most of them, this was their first time playing the sport of paintball and they were hooked immediately. As a teacher now, my competitive days of paintball are done. I do go to events every now and then and will tech our team guns and loaders and make sure they are ready to go before each point of the match, and I enjoy where I am within the HuSTLe organization as an assistant manager. Getting the kids out there and playing was a joy to watch because they were able to see that the game is not as scary as they thought. What a great way to get out and exercise, where as they would just be at home playing video games doing nothing.

If you live in the St. Louis Missouri area and have not been out to Xtreme Paintball Park in Millstadt, Illinois, you are missing out. It is by far one of the best fields around, the staff is super friendly, and you may even get a chance to bump into paintball legends like Super Dave and the Godfather Sal Briguglio, along with d1 paintball team St. Louis HuSTLe, Drew Templeton, Brock Jollif, John Dresser and Tim Jenkins.
http://www.pbfashion.com/products-page/page/1/

Last edited by Dennis Martinez : Yesterday at 04:03 PM.
Dennis Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM #2
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Very cool story. Thanks for sharing it Dennis.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote