Community Focus

Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 AM #1
Burrtango
The Patient

Burrtango plays in the APPA beginner division
Burrtango supports DLX Technology
Burrtango supports Empire
Question Questions concerning the Airowgun

I've spent the past hour searching to look for a few answers about this marker, and I have come up with almost nothing pertaining to what I want to know.

I would like to know:

1. Has anyone successfully bored the stock barrel for inserts? I understand that it is of a different thickness than a normal barrel, and it may not be possible, but I also saw that someone might have actually bored it correctly.
A thread linked to McCarterbrown had what looks like a stock barrel bored for a freak kit, but I don't know if it was actually the stock barrel. http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...airow-gun.html

2. The Bowtech Infinite Jr. that comes with it - I watched a video from ****** (apparently his name isn't allowed here? I know there is some bad blood with TPB and PBN but I could care less.) stating that over the chrono it was shooting 230 FPS. Is this the normal out of the box speed? If so, what do I need to do to get a higher FPS? Adjust the draw strength? Find a longer bow? I would love to get ~270ish with ease and not requiring a ridiculous draw strength on the bow, as I do not want to fatigue myself faster.

3. How easy is it to adjust the draw strength on the bow? Do I need to take it to be professionally tuned, or can I learn to do it myself? I have not shot a bow since I was 10, and I owned a recurve and not a compound. I know nothing of this foreign technology one calls "Archery".

I have not yet purchased the marker, but I do plan on making the buy in a couple of weeks. Any other advice offered is humbly welcomed.

Also, if someone could kindly point me to someone who does quality barrel boring for questioning, it would be much appreciated.
Burrtango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM #2
liverlip

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I will Pm you a link to a guy who bored a few barrels for me. Ask him.

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 AM #3
Burrtango
The Patient

Burrtango plays in the APPA beginner division
Burrtango supports DLX Technology
Burrtango supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
I will Pm you a link to a guy who bored a few barrels for me. Ask him.
Thank you, sir. It is greatly appreciated.
Burrtango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:13 PM #4
ddburn711

i just got the infinite edge and a technician told me that the temperature is one of the key factors in fps
ddburn711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 PM #5
ddburn711

and get your bow professionally serviced at a sporting goods store or something to increase draw weight and length
Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 PM #6
ddburn711

use 55 lbs draw and 29 inches to reach max fps. dont go past 29 inches and 60lbs or else it can damage the unit
Old 01-28-2013, 07:17 AM #7
ollytheosteo

ollytheosteo is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ollytheosteo supports Bob Gurnsey
I was lucky enough to pick up two of these last week, having wanted one since 2008 when I reviewed it for PGI. I am still learning their little ways but here is the info so far...

1) Freak boring; I am looking into this myself for better efficiency but you don't need it to prevent roll-outs as the Airow gun has two detents, one to prevent double feeding and another that holds the ball before firing then folds (rubber finger) out of the way to allow it to pass. This, combined with the big bore and consistent let-off from the compound bow, makes the setup very consistent but wastes some air. Looking at the barrel there is not much extra metal to play with and you might find the non-threaded shank has to go like with a Phantom barrel.

2) The first one I tested was easy to shoot but was shooting 260, the Infinite Edge setup came set to about 60LB and gives a comfy 300fps but is hard work for a smaller or less powerful person to draw. I am taking the bows to a shop to be tuned, cams timed etc and when we've sorted adjustment out I plan to tune the bows down a bit to hit around 290, there is then a choke adjuster that allows you to tune down from max fps but not up. You are going to need about 55-60LB to make the full speed so maybe try before you buy even if only on a 'real' bow.

3) I think it's mostly a matter of loosening the limb bolts but the number of safe turns differs from bow to bow so I am trying to confirm the right figures before I start twiddling, more info will be forthcoming as I get it

One thing I can say is that these are huge fun to shoot and much more interesting to non-ballers than most markers. Among players the reaction varies from fear and confusion to OMG let me try I MUST HAVE ONE